black room lots of windows

Archives for 2009
grace_full1
Diamond Member

black room lots of windows

Post by grace_full1 »

In real life I left the homeschool group I was a part of because of fighting (not with kids among adults) in the past I was the devotions director. At first I passed this dream off as me thinking about our homeschool group, but then realized I HAVEN'T thought about the group in a long time more than in passing and the dream hasn't left me alone all day, I have some thoughts but am not certain about a few things...

I was visiting a homeschool group.

The building it was in had black floors, black walls, BUT there were wall to wall windows at about waist level on up (with about 1 foot of ceiling above it)
There were some familiar faces (meaning part of the group I was a part of in the past) and many that I didn't know. I walked up to the guy leading devotions and started singing "who shall separate us from the love of God" he joined in but was off tempo. So I started snapping the tempo and helped him sing it correctly. He then told me I could have the job back. (totally matter of fact-ly not with any animosity or anything ) I was surprised as I was just visiting.

There was a commotion in the next room. There were two boys fighting. Two mom's tried breaking up the fight but couldn't control them. I was thinking these aren't my boys fighting but knew I needed to do something to protect the kids from each other and protect the other kids from them. The boys were about 11-12 years old. I grabbed the boy nearest to me, and wrapped my arm around his shoulder down diagonally then took my leg and wrapped it around his legs to keep him from kicking. ( Day camp leaders move from 20 years ago) the boy was struggling to get free (to get after the other kid) and I kept thinking where is his mom? No one came. It seemed like forever but I knew it was only a few moments. I woke as I was getting knocked to the ground with him.

I mean the color stood out black (opposite of white purity) Windows (prophetic) I don't understand what I was doing back with a group (I'm not even considering it) and the devotions thing was a bit strange as was bodily breaking up the fight (they don't even recommend that anymore)

Any thoughts???
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
~ Romans 15:13

Grace_full1
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

HI Grace-full...from what background you gave and the content of the dream here are a few thoughts which strike me:

The black of the room speaks perhaps of the divisive darkness which entered this homeschool group you had been part of. The large windows to me spoke of the tremendous vision you had had for this group. The children fighting represents an unresolved fleshly struggle. Your singing speaks to me of the spirit's wooingg unto unity and forgiveness.

I wonder if perhaps this dream is for you to prompt you to re-examine this episode and allow God to help you to resolve any outstanding issues.

Toss if no help.

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3