Prophetess Anna

Archives for 2009
NOTW
Diamond Member

Prophetess Anna

Post by NOTW »

The prophetess Anna (Luke 2:36) speaks a word in my dream...

I can't remember what it is!!!!! I know this is no help to ya'll but thought that I would throw it out there for anyone's thoughts..

(I've really got to start keeping my journal near my bedside b/c I usually wake up after every dream and then I forget when it is time to get out of bed! Lord, help me from being lazy!!!! Lord, don't let me sleep when you have put a word on my heart.)
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
RevK
Diamond Member

re:

Post by RevK »

I know what it is to have a dream and forget to write it down thinking you can remember it in the morning. But see, this is the problem, as I have learned so well, the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy and that includes stealing what the Lord shown you.

One thing about journaling, and I used to hate to do it. You will see patterns and understand how God deals with you. If you are sincere God will honor your prayer. So take steps like I had to do, notebooks and pens all over the house. And if you can't remember the dream, ask God for recall. Lord what are you trying to tell me, and show me how to receive and then to keep what you have given me. Your words Lord are precious to me and they bring me life.

Now that you know what your problem is, train yourself to write down everything you hear and see. And soon it will be a joyous habit you get into and you will become a scribe in the spirit. Plus,
later on you can look back and see what the Lord said to you, and see that promise or vision come to pass. It is very exciting! Don't let the devil steal treasures from you, God has much to say to you and show you as well.

I speak peace into your spirit. Blessings!
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Or...if you're really lazy, like me , lol, you can get a recorder. 'Course you have to transcribe your recordings later. But personally I have found increased recall during the transcribing process. Plus I don't lose nearly as much sleep. :lol:

Just a suggestion. Whatever works for you is the way to go.

blessings,

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
RevK
Diamond Member

re

Post by RevK »

Oh now I never thought of a recorder........wow!
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

RevK, some of my dad's wisdom...give the hardest job to the laziest man and he will find the easiest way to do it.

(or woman, as the case may be...and in this case, that would be me :oops: )

But, hey...it not only works for me, it works better!

blessings on you,

discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Luke 2:36-38

36There was also a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, 37and then was a widow until she was eighty-four.[e] She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. 38Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

Amazing woman prophetess Anna. A long time widow who spent the vast majority of her time at the temple in Jerusalem. Here is Joseph and Mary with 8 day old Jesus in the temple for his dedication and circumcision. Simeon had just finished his blessing and prophecy and she gets to continue in praise and thanksgiving and telling others about Him. What a blessing to have somebody who was dedicated and waiting on God day and night to be one of the first to minister unto the Lord when he came among us.

in Christ,
talitha

Post by talitha »

NOTW, I for one am glad Brian posted the scripture on here and said what he said, because I think that what is needed here is to find out what the message of the character of Anna is, as we read this account.

I was a literature major in college, that's what my degree is in, and one of the basic things that we learn is to analyze the characters - what is the author using the character to say? What is his/her message?

I like what Brian wrote here - she "spent the vast majority of her time at the temple in Jerusalem." I just read that and thought immediately of this other scripture that is seemingly unrelated, but the Lord is showing me something..... "Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father." (John 4:21) (from the story of another interesting woman, the "woman at the well")

I believe that her being in the temple the vast majority of her time is like our being in the Secret Place the vast majority of our time. "One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple. " (Psalm 27:4)

I believe the Lord might be giving you a calling like Anna's to minister to the Lord and wait upon Him as a lifestyle.....

This is interesting too:

There was also a prophetess, Anna - grace
the daughter of Phanuel - the face of God
of the tribe of Asher - blessed

hmmmm..... she was 84 when she encountered Jesus. According to Ira Milligan's system for numbers, 84 would mean that she has "acceptably put off the flesh" (80) and as a consequence come into a place of authority (4). This rings true to me here.

just some puzzle pieces, perhaps.....

blessings
tal
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

talitha wrote: I just read that and thought immediately of this other scripture that is seemingly unrelated, but the Lord is showing me something..... "Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father." (John 4:21) (from the story of another interesting woman, the "woman at the well")

l
...now hey...this merits another teaching thread tal...! This last week I have been thinking regularly about the Samaritan woman at the well....mmmmm Spirit of the living God open the eyes and ears of our understanding...
open

...great posts...

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

talitha wrote:I believe that her being in the temple the vast majority of her time is like our being in the Secret Place the vast majority of our time. "One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple. " (Psalm 27:4)

I believe the Lord might be giving you a calling like Anna's to minister to the Lord and wait upon Him as a lifestyle.....

This is interesting too:

There was also a prophetess, Anna - grace
the daughter of Phanuel - the face of God
of the tribe of Asher - blessed

hmmmm..... she was 84 when she encountered Jesus. According to Ira Milligan's system for numbers, 84 would mean that she has "acceptably put off the flesh" (80) and as a consequence come into a place of authority (4). This rings true to me here.
Sorry to hijack your thread, Charlie. Tal, what you said here hit me right between the eyes. Psalm 27:4 has special significance for me and it has been given to me several times over the last week. What do you think this lifestyle would look like? I think maybe I'm inadvertently in it. LOL But, if this is a calling for me, then I want to do it whole heartedly as unto the Lord with excellence, not haphazardly. Wondering if there are changes I should make or things I should do...or maybe God has me right where He wants me right now, I dunno. Thanks for your post. :)
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
talitha

Post by talitha »

NOTW, seems your dream hits a chord with your sisters in the Body of Christ. I think it's something He's doing to prepare the way for His return..... woohooo!! Hasten the day!!!

WP, I know how it feels to be "inadvertently" in this life..... can I say me too? I think God has made some of us in such a way as to not ever, ever be satisfied with the world...... you, me, NOTW, Anna, King David...... :roll:

blessings all around....
tal
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!

I never thought I would get any replies to this one since it was so vague. Tal - thank you for the analyzing this for me (I love to read but I'm a math person). I was wondering if I was being called to be an Anna since she was in my dream.

The funny thing is, is that after I dreamed this, I kept repeating the word that she gave in my head over and over all through the night sub-consiously (sp?). So...RevK is right, satan will grab any chance to steal from us that word from the Lord. I hope that I sowed it into the kingdom as I was repeating it even though I can't remember what it was...

RevK - thanks for the encouragement, I do journal my dreams through this site and put them in a notebook but I need to make sure that I do it through the night too!

Discerning - that is a great idea about recording them. Does it wake your husband when you do it? I think I would like to record them b/c you are right, I'm not a morning person and it would help me to get more zzzz's!!!
I've been trying to get up early to read my Bible but I just can't seem to get out of bed - I usually do my reading at night. But w/ the verse about first fruits and stuff I've been trying to get up in the morning to read...

What a blessing to have somebody who was dedicated and waiting on God day and night to be one of the first to minister unto the Lord when he came among us.
BJ - thank you for your insight! This is so true - I pray that I have the dedication and determination as she did!

Tal, what charlie said prompted me to say that it would be awesome if you have any teaching that you could post on this site regarding your character analyzation. (Some of us lack in those areas :lol: ) Only if you have time, of course. I'm just saying that I would love to get other input on these things. :wink:
NOTW, seems your dream hits a chord with your sisters in the Body of Christ. I think it's something He's doing to prepare the way for His return..... woohooo!! Hasten the day!!!

WP, I know how it feels to be "inadvertently" in this life..... can I say me too? I think God has made some of us in such a way as to not ever, ever be satisfied with the world...... you, me, NOTW, Anna, King David......
Yep - definitely b/c I just can't get enough and want more, more, more, more of Him all the time. I have an unsaitable desire to receive Him and follow Him.

Love you guys and thanks for all the posts!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

Tal wrote:
WP, I know how it feels to be "inadvertently" in this life..... can I say me too? I think God has made some of us in such a way as to not ever, ever be satisfied with the world...... you, me, NOTW, Anna, King David......
I agree with this Tal, I was reading in the Message bible last night at the introduction to the prophets before the book of Isaiah and I beleive alot of us here are called to do something in the prophetic whatever it may be...with that said, I will say it in my own words the best that I can. It mentioned how prophets would not always be liked or accepted but when they speak it makes people think and even challenges them at times. It was all about how these people would stir up things related to having a relationship with God and not conforming to the worldy things and they focused on not allowing sin to take over but to take back your rights in Christ and walk in His righteousness. The prophets aren't happy to sit around doing what everyone else is doing but striving to be free from sin and helping others to see the seriousness of sin and the need to walk in freedom.

Thought I would add a little of my 2 cents worth...I am excited that my heart is not content to stay where I am and to strive to be with Him more and to be used for His plans....I have so far to go but I do see how far He has brought me and I am speechless at the life He has given me...we are truly blessed and there is such a BIG purpose for us in these TIMES..........He is our strength and power, the light that dispells the darkness!!!!Wooooooohooooooo!!!

Glory!!!!
:lol:
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

The prophets aren't happy to sit around doing what everyone else is doing but striving to be free from sin and helping others to see the seriousness of sin and the need to walk in freedom.
AMEN!!
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

beloved
Gold Member

Anna-the prophetess....

Post by beloved »

Blessings everyone:
NOTW, this is very interesting, I went to a church in another city
for bible study on Wednesday night and God just being God, and the Holy Spirit is teaching this to the church. The pastor there was
actually supposed to be teaching on the Exodus of the Israelites,
yet the Holy Spirit took lead and guess where the Spirit of God went. The climates and times, significances of Women in the Bible,
and the times they were called to do a specific work. For those who
were birthing Awesome Men of God, God went out of His way. They
were barren, (Hannah, Samson's mother) and or past conception, Elizabeth, Sarah, and of course never knowing a man.....Mary the mother of Jesus, God always defied nature, His Glory and Absolute
Person says: I can work, I choose to work outside of human understanding, or knowledge knowing. Nevertheless, the pastor
did go the way the Holy Spirit led. For we know there are NO Private INTERPRETATIONS, if the Spirit is saying here, then He re-affirms to the rest of the Body of Christ. How can my hand hurt and it hasn't told my brain stimulus to send a signal??? So is the Spirit.
Thanks for that NOTW, Tal, and everyone. Journaling is a must-do,
Prophet or school of prophets always say within first 5 minutes of
waking put pen to paper, date and time, also, keep a pen, paper,
and light by bed, for we who have intercessory gifts know God talks at the best sleep hours, lol. The light is for not disturbing wives/husbands or setting a very intimate atmosphere for the
worship experience with the Lord. God bless All.
His~
Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will
perform it until the Day of Jesus Christ.
Phil.1:6
AnnA
Silver Member

Post by AnnA »

OP -
Did the Lord bring back to your mind what "Anna" said to you in your dream?
The Lord is my light and my salvation