house dream

Archives for 2007
Lucy
Bronze Member

house dream

Post by Lucy »

In the dream my husband decided, without me knowing, to buy back our old home (IRL it was a 900 sq. ft. home we sold 4 yrs ago). In the dream he bought it for 109K which was the asking price so he didn't even negotiate the price. I didn't understand why he would do this (IRL we've been talking about buying a bigger house). We were at the house though moving in and I discovered some things that I didn't realize it had. There was an old built in hot tub on the back porch as well as old tipped over lawn furniture (they looked like they hadn't been used in a long time). It all needed cleaning & fixed up but I thought it had potential & then it would be fun to have friends over.

I have some thoughts but I don't know what the 109k would stand for or the hot tub. I looked up Psalm 109 as well as Psalm 10:9 & neither seem to fit.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I believe that this dream is trying to tell you that it is time for another spiritual cycle to occur in your life. You will discover some deeper things within yourself and your spiritual life that you didn't know even existed the last time you took an inward look. It may also be time for some spiritual house cleaning and repairs in your life. The price is the number of the elect or the number of maturing (100) + the number of the fruit of the spirit (9). Mature in the fruit of the spirit (all are different characteristics of Jesus) in your life.

in Christ,
Lucy
Bronze Member

Post by Lucy »

Thanks Brian. That very well could be. Just this past weekend we were pruning a lot of trees & bushes in our yard & the thought did cross my mind wondering if the Lord was going to be doing some pruning in my own life.

Do you think it could also have a double meaning & the house could also represent the church we are going to? Recently we started going to a new church under the leading of the Holy Spirit. It isn't necessarily the one I would have picked (more on the traditional side) but felt like the Lord was leading us there. I even told a friend recently that it felt like we were going backwards & wondered if God had a plan in all this.
kimibrew

109k house

Post by kimibrew »

Hi Lucy,
I was trying to hear and thought to check out Zec 10:9.
I am thinking along the lines of intercession as the Lord calls His people into intimacy. I realize I could be stretching it here so please forgive me if I'm waaay off. Your old house (intimacy) has been left (not thinking of you, but a bigger people group). You know how easy it is for churches to go on to bigger things like teaching, study programs, outreach events, etc, and leave the intimacy and first love for Jesus behing. It almost seems like that part is elemental and we grow past it, but I think Jesus is calling us to return to that sweet simplicity and out of that place He is going to create opportunities and blessings for outreach (friends over) etc.

Can't wait to hear what you find out.

kimibrew
Lucy
Bronze Member

Post by Lucy »

Thank you Kimibrew for your insight! I will ponder and prayerfully consider both what you and Brian said.
Thethinker

House Dream

Post by Thethinker »

This seems like a funny connection, but your real pruning seems like it might be related to my dream pruning, "My new Home" posted the same day, first part about a tree cut down in my "real" backyard, first part of my dream. Or a larger sense, it might going with the larger theme of the Spirit moving anew here. Just a thought, Bill (Thethinker) Or am I having a real WOW moment here :o ? .
eagle
Platinum Member

Post by eagle »

Lucy

The words redemption and restoration come to my thoughts. I wonder if the Lord is not saying that He has paid the price for you and it is something familiar to you, it may seem like you are going backwards but it is not. It is stuff you don't even realize you posess perhaps speaking of your inheritance. Things you missed on your journey with the Lord.

Like someone once said God is extravagant but not wasteful. I call Him the Recyler. I think this is also is about a gift you may have not been using.
Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up
to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we
may walk in His paths." Mic 4:2
Lucy
Bronze Member

Post by Lucy »

Thethinker, I'll have to think about that & read your dream again.

Eagle, that is good! I have been pondering lately the whole idea of Jesus being a redeemer. He doesn't just save but makes all things new. If we mess up, he doesn't just forgive but redeems and fixes the situation. I think you may be on to something.

Also, IRL - lately the number 109 has been popping up everwhere I look! It seems God is definitely speaking to me about this. SO much to ponder!
eagle
Platinum Member

Post by eagle »

Yeah I went through seasons with numbers. Well one can usually mean God, 9 fruit of the Spirit. 100 number of fullness.
Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up
to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we
may walk in His paths." Mic 4:2
Lucy
Bronze Member

Post by Lucy »

Okay, what does this mean? Last Wed. my 96 yr. old grandma died at 1:09 am. Does anyone think their was a connection between that and my dream?

This is not related to my dream but wanted to share what happened after my grandma died. I received a phone call at 2:28 am eastern time. My grandma died @ 1:09 central time so the call was at 1:28 central time. My caller ID showed it was my parents cell phone. I answered & no one was there so I hung up and called the # right back. My dad answered. I asked if he had just called. He said no, maybe my mom had & then proceeded to tell me grandma had just died and he was on his way to pick up my mom from the nursing home. The next morning my mom called and said neither her nor my dad had called me. They were planning to wait till the morning so they wouldn't wake anyone up. Also, my parents never would call me on their cell phone but always on the nursing home phone so it isn't like they hit redial. I think this really blessed my mom. Usually she explains supernatural things away but she couldn't explain this one!