Daughter's Nightmares about Striped things

Archives for 2009
MichelleR

Daughter's Nightmares about Striped things

Post by MichelleR »

My 5 year old daughter frequently has nightmares, and they're all the same theme: she is either being stung by a bumblebee or a tiger is eating her. At first I jokingly said she had a fear of striped things, but this has happened too often now. After she's had a dream, her behavior is terrible all day--crying over every little thing, feeling grouchy. Just wondered if anyone had any insight.

Thanks
Michelle
Michelle
Jeremiah 29:11
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

MichelleR,

A few things come to mind. They are not really inspired but are just my thoughts on your daughter's dreams.

The attackers are the same color. Yellow can mean fear, coward, hope and gift from God. Black is sometimes the absence of color, it can to me also represent ministry eg the man in black. None of this seems to fit with her dream though.

I would pray with her before she goes to sleep and ask Holy Spirit to give her dreams and I would tell the enemy he is trespassing if he comes near. Sometimes prophetic people, as children have had the enemy come in with many nightmares.

Just some thoughts.

Blessings,
Joy
MorningGlory
Platinum Member

Post by MorningGlory »

There is a scripture (sorry I don't have reference) that says..

"The Lord watches over the children of the servants of the Lord"
I believe one is in psalms.. the other in Jeremiah where rachel weeps for her children.

I pray that scripture often.. it is a promise!!!!
I believe it!!!!

Lord God I pray for this little one, Father God her mother is Your servant.. and so I release the promise of Your Word over the whole family. Father, I pray a full release of your love to our children, Lord come to them in visitations.. I call them forth Father into their destinies, to live out every day you have written for them, not one day lacking... Lord fulfill Your Words..
Lord I pray they will submit to Your wonderful Lordship quickly, and
Holy Spirit I ask for the Fire Of God, Radical Transformation, that our chldren would rise up in Power, Mantled with the Spirit of God, and Manifest Jesus Christ is Great Authority in their sphere of influence, to be world changers.. Intimacy with You Lord, Call them by Name.. call them to Your Heart. I come against every attack of evil schemes and assignments.. I cancel them in the spirit realm right now and release the Holy Fire of God into thier hearts and minds. Angels guard, protect, provide. Holy Spirit lead and guide our children and grandchildren each and every day.. Draw them with cords of Love. I speak LIGHT and LIFE to each and every one!! NOW!! In the Authority of Jesus Christ and By The Power of Gods Spirit, God Almighty!! Hallelujah. Jesus Christ IS LORD>
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

My 12 year old son Noah has the same type of recurring dream nightmare off and on since he was around that same age. Only his dream terror always seems to involve a mean angler fish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglerfish

Personally, I believe that when we see our kids having these types of nightmares and then their behaviour is affected the next morning... it leads me to there is an enemy spirit attacking them and trying to work against them and us. We definately need to pray protection and the blood of Jesus Christ over our kids. We also need to work with them and figure out and overcome what fears they are embracing which is triggering the spirit of fear that I belive is attacking them.

I know this was an old dream, but what happened in your case with this dream?

in Christ,
MichelleR

Post by MichelleR »

Oooh--Anglerfish are kind of creepy...

My daughter eventually stopped having those dreams, thankfully. She still has the occasional bad dream, but no more bees or tigers.
Michelle
Jeremiah 29:11