listening to P/W music while sleeping spur prophetic dreams?

Archives for 2007
DavidicX
Silver Member

listening to P/W music while sleeping spur prophetic dreams?

Post by DavidicX »

i had a thought, and I wonder how accurate it is, or if it just happened to me

Does listening to praise and worship music while one is sleeping trigger and spur on prophetic dreams during the night?

I used to take naps in the middle of the worship services because I would end up getting a prophetic dream almost every time I did that, and I thought it has been interesting. At my house I will place worship music or soaking music on at night, and just let it go in repeat. I have noticed that when i place fresh worship music on, it also trigger's the prophetic dreams.

does this happen to anyone else?
Much love and peace in Christ Jesus,

david oldham

http://www.myspace.com/davidicX
http://www.soundclick.com/davidoldham
talitha

Post by talitha »

David, I am not free to do this in my house, at least not at night, because Hubby wants complete silence while he sleeps, but once recently I was listening to God's Eye (a soaking CD - first time I listened to it) while my husband was driving us back from Texas, and I went into a trance-like state and had several visions while that was playing - I would really like to experience that again - a couple of the visions really increased my faith for things that I want to see happen......

blessings
tal
Pearls of Wisdom
Site Moderator

Post by Pearls of Wisdom »

Just recently this happened to me. I was spending hours resting in bed listening to glory cd's ... from time to time I was sleep and wake up ... and I had a vision of glory dust on a person's neck and shoulder...the vision was in color and quite brilliant.
Pearls

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding.
Thethinker

Post by Thethinker »

David I have noticed something similar....this seems weird but I have confirmed this with some others I have talked to (including psychiatrists). Anyway, I have noticed that any time I fall asleep with anything on, the TV, radio, a ballgame, whatever, that I have very unusual and much disorganized thoughts that occur as I am falling asleep. Quite often these are very disturbing because they are so illogical and disunified...I will often re-awaken and as I am coming to and think...what was that!!??? Something very odd, and then I realize that "it" just happened again. My theory is that the sounds coming into the brain get jumbled by other signals created internally, while falling asleep, and the two stimuli get confused by the self, as to which one is which. Has anyone reading this observed this, and can confirm, and are there any other thoughts or theories on this. I DO think that the stimuli coming into the brain has a deep impact on what happens next, in the sleep state, it's just what happens "in between" that bothers me. :o
talitha

Post by talitha »

interesting thoughts, thinker..... :mrgreen:

Some people might say this is simple suggestibility...... but I say that when we are falling asleep, we are in a state that is very open to the spiritual realm. We do need to still "examine all things" (1 Thes.5:21).....
chica4christ
Gold Member

Post by chica4christ »

Sometimes I have dreams when I fall asleep to P&W other times I don't. I can say for me though 9 out of 10 times, I did notfall asleep to it and the Lord still gave me dreams. Ultimately, the Lord is sovereign and p&w helps I'm sure...for some but for me nope.
talitha

Post by talitha »

hmm, I think there may need to be a prophetic anointing on the music in order to have that effect..... just a thought....
chica4christ
Gold Member

Post by chica4christ »

agreed talitha =)
dance-in-the-son
Diamond Member

Post by dance-in-the-son »

My alarm goes off to Christian music in the mornings and I usually do not wake up the first time or two and I hit snooze in my sleep. Every morning when I wake up I have a new song in my heart. I am sure there is something inside that can be affected by this. I know this is not exactly what you are talking about, but it it similar. Thanks for sharing.

Jesus Love Letters
Dance...
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
DavidicX
Silver Member

Post by DavidicX »

Yeah I agree that there usually has to be an anointing on the music for it to usher in a prophetic atmosphere. That reminded me of a scripture from 2nd Kings 3:15 But now bring me a minstrel. And while the minstrel played, the hand and power of the Lord came upon [Elisha]. amp

Interesting concept?
Much love and peace in Christ Jesus,

david oldham

http://www.myspace.com/davidicX
http://www.soundclick.com/davidoldham