Staying at prophetic ministers house-drifting in ocean

Archives for 2009
RoadLessTraveled
Gold Member

Staying at prophetic ministers house-drifting in ocean

Post by RoadLessTraveled »

IRL there is a well known prophetic psalmist at my church. I am also called to the same type of ministry. In my dream I was staying at his house as a guest. His wife was giving me a tour of the house, and it was gigantic! Each room leading into the next and many levels. I knew that If I were to leave her side I would easily get lost. As we went from room to room, There were always barriers in front of the doors, like bars and I had to get low and squeeze through to get in.

She was singing as we were walking(FYI her husband is the minister). I told her that her voice was beautiful. It wasn't spectacular but it was willowing and soft and I found it comforting. She gave me an affectionate hug and It seemed that she really cared for me.

We walked outside and there was a huge ocean. I love the ocean IRL! I wanted to get closer to the water so I walked down a huge deck...but as I got to the end of the deck I noticed that it had detached and was drifting out farther into the water. I was actually scared...had the urge to get the deck back to shore. But I couldn't do it. As much as I love the water I was afraid of what might be under the ocean...The thought of drifting alone on such a big ocean...but I wasn't alone. There was a man with me...I don't know who it was.
MorningGlory
Platinum Member

Post by MorningGlory »

Roadlesstraveled,

I love this dream.. God is calling you out deeper into the very heart of God, the deck breaking away is not a bad thing.. it is an uncharted course that you have not known thus far.. but the one you don't know who is with you will guide you into the depths of God.

Deep is calling to the Deep in you.

My prayer for you is that you tell God I am willing.. but I've not been this way before.. so get me where you are taking me. I will not fight you Father.

Last week, the Lord told me to "Launch Out Deeper", and also heard like chatter from the throne room saying.. "they have a invitation from God himself, and they don't want to go??" ( i add ..are they nuts?) God is Good, I know you know you can always trust HIM.

Drown Me in Your Love O Father,
MorningGlory... See you in the depths.
RoadLessTraveled
Gold Member

Thanks Morning Glory,
I agree with your interp. I knew the going out deeper was a good thing but I was scared of the loss of control, and of the unknown. Did you get any meaning from what I said about the house, or the ministers wife?
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

Just curious MorningGlory, but how did you come to going deeper in the ocean as going deeper with G-d?
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me. Ps 42:7
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
RoadLessTraveled
Gold Member

Robert,
All I know is that MorningGlory is right on about going deeper with God. I know this because of my walk with him, my calling, and the things he has been speaking to me. The dream just confirmed it and so did MorningGlory. The interp was right on...I think she was just being sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

To Discerning: the verse you gave is talking about affliction and troubles. I don't see where you get that that means going deeper with G-d?

To Roadlesstraveled: I'm really glad you want to be close to G-d, but I don't think this dream is saying you will go deeper into him. If you go by Biblical symbols the dream means that you are going to detach from your church and drift off into the world. Could be that you will become worldly or since you weren't in the water it might mean that you will go into the world, but not be of it. More specifically, I think it might be similar to a bird leaving the nest. I considered the second one because of the man who was with you. The man I believe, but am not sure, to be the Holy Spirit, who will be with you. The Holy Spirit in the Bible is usually represented by unnamed people. Now, I am not saying this interpretation is right, but the symbols do agree with and can be taken from the Bible.

Now, please don't think I'm attacking anyone here. All I want to do is make sure that G-d's dreams are interpreted the way he intended them to, and if I find something that I believe to disagree with the Bible, am I not entitled to question it. G-d's dreams can not contradict his word or else he wouldn't be the G-d of the Bible. So, if there is an interpretation or symbol that doesn't agree with the Bible then, it is wrong. I'm not saying that morningglory is wrong, but from what I know of the Bible it doesn't sound biblical. Please, if I'm wrong correct me with scripture validating the symbol to be accurate.
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
RoadLessTraveled
Gold Member

Robert,
You can interpret things by the Spirit, or by the Law. I already knew what the Ocean meant when I posted the dream. I was looking for either confirmation, or a deeper understanding. Morning Glory confirmed it to me and I felt the anointing on her interpretation as I was reading it.
To say that my dream means I am drifting away from the Church and into the World could not be farther from the truth. I will not accept an interpretation that comes across as a message of fear, or of some impending horrible decision that I would make to sever myself from God or his people.
I have to thank you though, in love. You brought a very important lesson back to the forefront of my mind. And that is to be careful what I do with my "Pearls". I think I may be more careful as to where I share and to whom.
drunkwithlove
Silver Member

Post by drunkwithlove »

RoadLessTraveled,

I totally agree with you 100%. Any interpretation or prohecy should edify, exhort, and comfort...not cause fear or condemnation...also i am reminded of Kim Walker's song "how He loves us." the lyrics say, "if grace is an ocean we're all sinking." ha ha! Grace, grace, grace! He loves us so much!
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Robert159347 wrote..
To Discerning: the verse you gave is talking about affliction and troubles. I don't see where you get that that means going deeper with G-d?
Ah, but I beg to differ. This passage is all about hope and encouragement....and faith in times of uncertainty. It is part of the treasury of David, whom God described as 'a man after His own heart.'

deeps calls unto deep
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
drunkwithlove
Silver Member

Post by drunkwithlove »

I love that verse! so intense!
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

To Roadlesstraveled: I'm curious did you read everything that I said. My interpretation wasn't all that bad, and I don't see where you considered it fearful, unless you only read the first part and ignored the second. Also, be careful about hearing only what you want to hear, it can stop you from finding it's true meaning. Not saying my interpretation is right, but what you think your dream means, is disagreeing with the Bible. Additionally, I thought my interpretation was actually kind of good. I said it meant that you will start branching off on your own, and becoming less dependent on your church. My exact words were
More specifically, I think it might be similar to a bird leaving the nest.
To Discerning: Here are a couple commentaries that agree with me that deep is represented as affliction.
http://biblebrowser.com/psalms/42-7.htm
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/calvin/calcom09.viii.iii.html
http://www.searchgodsword.org/com/tod/v ... &verse=007

To drunkwithlove: To say that "Any interpretation or prophecy should edify, exhort, and comfort...not cause fear or condemnation", is creating your own G-d. You are making G-d into what you want him to be, where he won't tell you you are doing wrong only nice things that make you feel good. That is similar to saying, "G-d is a god of love, how can he throw me in hell." Tell me, doesn't G-d give dreams of hurricanes, tsunami's, and misc. natural disasters or how about the dreams with people who have misc. diseases should they be interpreted as good? G-d chastens and rebukes the people he loves, and to interpret his rebukes as good is denying the person from growing in the Lord.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

What did Jonah tell Ninevah? He told them straight, you have 40 days until G-d judges the city. Tell me, what did they do? They repented and because of that they were forgiven, and also have you read the letters to the Churches of Revelation? Jesus told them straight, what they were doing wrong and what they were doing good. Some of them he didn't say any good at all and was pretty graphic with the rebukes. Are you going to condemn Jesus for telling it as it is? Isn't Jesus G-d, wouldn't G-d be the same way.

Don't think I like having to do this, and don't think I like having people hate me. I'm not out to get anyone here, but how can I stand by, and say nothing if an interpretation is unbiblical.

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Aren't we supposed to do the same. We are supposed to question interpretations and search scripture whether the interpretations are biblical or not, and if they're not than they are not from G-d. For G-d is the G-d of the Bible.
drunkwithlove
Silver Member

Post by drunkwithlove »

Robert-
read 1 Corinthians 14:3...do i believe God gives us prophecies or dreams that are warnings and to cause people to repent? Yes, absolutely! Job 14:7 speaks of this type of thing...and it was only to cause people to turn to Him, not to bring them under a spirit of fear. I believe interpretations and prophecy should be for building people up, lifting up the body. Also when we do recieve a correction or warning from God there should always be grace on the other side...like when John the Baptist was telling people to repent...he didn't just tell them to repent, he said "the kingdom of heaven is right here!" he offered hope, not negativity. and just out of curiosity, what is G-d?
MorningGlory
Platinum Member

Post by MorningGlory »

I understand something new since I wrote last. (Much interest in this topic).

The Ocean is also a place of Power and Might.

Hab 2:14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Bless you all,
Launch Out Deeper
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

Yes, I understand that he causes people to repent, but how can anyone know to repent if symbols that are telling them to repent, you say mean good. And as far as the verse goes, the comfort part is saying comfort through persecution, and the fact that if they repent it won't happen. Also, in that verse it speaks about edification and exhortation, is that not what I'm doing, but you will not let me do that, because it might make someone afraid. And, as far as making people fear, I don't make them afraid, G-d does. G-d gives them the dream not me, and if G-d is warning them that they are going to leave him or do something they aren't supposed to do, and that causes them to be afraid, then I believe they have every reason to be. Though I do agree that G-d does speak comfort to us, but to say that he will only speak comfort to us, is wrong. He has to rebuke and discipline us every once in awhile. And lastly, I use G-d out of respect for G-d's name.

Now, instead of this turning into a battle, can we do this right as brothers and sisters in Christ? Can we have an honest debate where everyone will keep an open mind? I'm willing to if everyone else will.