Looking for ex-husband and funeral theme?

Archives for 2007
chica4christ
Gold Member

Looking for ex-husband and funeral theme?

Post by chica4christ »

I had a dream where I went to my ex-husbands home looking for him. As I approached the house several people came out dressed in black were present. I wouldn't say that they were physically ugly, but I asked if my ex-husband was in the house and they were quick to tell me NO, why are you here, and just being ugly in their demeanor. One lady shaked my hand, and I thought it was the other woman, but it wasn't. Needless to say they said he wasn't in the house and I left.

Second part of my dream is me at a reception hall eating with many other people. There was a lot of people in the dream. The reason I was in this hall was because it was to remember someone from a funeral. The weird part was the person that I remembered that had "passed away" has already passed on to be with the Lord. He died about 5 years ago more or less.
in the crowd of people I was looking for my ex-husband again and different people kept telling me that he was over there or near by but I never did find him.

The last part of my dream was that I never did attend the funeral at the church, or gravesite. I never saw a casket or burial.

I prayed about this dream, and I believe that it obviously has to do with my ex-husband that the Lord has called me to reconcile with him. I believe the people dressed in black are obstacles to him trying or wanting to reconcile with me. Their representative of what the enemy is doing in his life, telling him he doesn't need to see me, or be with me or get back with me again. And then me trying to find him again, like I wouldn't give up because I knew in my heart that he was in that house and that he was somewhere present in the reception hall.

I'm not sure though where the funeral part plays in.

Blessings in Christ,
Stephani
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Could it be that the dream is telling you that you are looking back to your past for "life" but that the past is gone.. dead?

Could it be that you need to live in your present, looking forward to the future?

Could your dream be speaking to you about the same thing that Paul spoke about; i.e., forgetting what is in the past and pressing forward to whatsoever the Lord has called you to do?