The Coming Storm; front page article with my picture on it.

Archives for 2010
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

The Coming Storm; front page article with my picture on it.

Post by Realisticdreamz »

In the dream, I was somewhere that I had traveled to; like a beach setting and I was relaxed like being on vacation. I knew a storm was coming, which I believed was heading in the place I was (I do not know where). Though I did not feel any fear, I saw huge dark clouds coming in the sky. It seemed that I knew someone was writing a story about the coming storm, perhaps because of the magnitude of the storm coming… but I vaguely recall any details of the story being written. I do not recall feeling any anxiety, bad feelings or even fear while at the beach. I do not recall being with anyone either or knowing anyone there. Except that I remember someone was writing about the coming storm.

Next, I see a newspaper in front of me which is the only thing in my view and notice an article on the front page. The article written was titled, “The Coming Storm” and I saw my picture, small, on the top left side of a newspaper article (my left side facing the paper). In the picture I appeared natural and dressed very casual and was sitting on a chair somewhere but appeared to be looking at the camera or the person taking the picture. My pants or skirt was a medium blue color with a light colored top. I got the impression that the picture had to do with what the writer was writing about, though I appeared to be looking in the direction of the camera but was not like a pose.

Then a Catholic lady I know at work is looking at the newspaper article. Parts of the pages were fluffy like they were stuffed with something in between the pages. I felt the fluffed pages with my hand. I visualized very bright thick and dense white clouds and this is what I envisioned were stuffed in the pages. Though I did not understand why/how such thick white clouds could be a storm.

Then I am back home [which does not resemble my real home] and I realize I should tell my husband about it because of my picture on the front page and I better tell him [even though he does not even look familiar to me, but I thought was my husband yet I am not married and have no intentions]. I had reservations about telling him because I thought he would not have wanted me to be in a dangerous situation. But I had returned and was safe at home.

I woke up as I went to tell him about it...

The dream was on 1/20/10.

Any insights or ideas are appreciated. :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
shesthedreamer
Gold Member

Post by shesthedreamer »

I believe God is telling you to not fear about the coming storm, which will most likely be an earthquake. Too many people including me, my son and friend all had dreams of this happening. It will be horrendous and hopefully it will cause people to return to the living God and worship him as they should worship him and keep him first in their lives (and mine, I am guilty of letting things get in the way of my loving Father). Just curious since you were in the article has he spoken to you anything besides this dream of some devastation.
Collosians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Amen!

The baffling parts of this dream is that I did not have any fear in the dream and why my picture was in the article as if I was part of the article or a witness of the article. Equally confusing is why the husband when I have no intentions to ever marry and if the husband represented the Lord symbolically, then why would I relunctantly go to tell him about the situation that I was apparently in that was potentially dangerous?

But about things to come; I expect many things to come and quite frankly, think it will be a great surprise to many; not what was expected. Earthquakes, I am sure many more are coming as Christ told us that there would be earthquakes in different places. I really try to focus on Him and not the horrific things...

I did have another dream that I saw someone sitting at a computer and the year was 2013 and I was sad because I knew in my heart that many had fallen from faith because they expected the end in 2012; there was quite an apostasy because men put their faiths in the wrong things and when 2012 came and went, so did their faith.

I was pleasantly suprised that I saw the white fluffy clouds rather than merely dark storm clouds that was hidden in the pages (stuffed)!

Thank you for response; it really does help when it causes us to ponder other things!

May God bless and encourage you and your family. :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hi Realistic,
This is the scripture that came to mind when I read your dream. Storm, yes, but storm on your behalf, storm for your benefit. Abba comes storming in as he defends his dear children from attacks of the enemy. You are relaxed because the coming storm is is a demonstration of power by the one who loves you and comes to your defense.

Psalm 18
1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.

3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.

4 The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.

5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.

6 In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.

7 The earth trembled and quaked,
and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because he was angry.

8 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.

9 He parted the heavens and came down;
dark clouds were under his feet.

10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
he soared on the wings of the wind.

11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
the dark rain clouds of the sky.

12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.

13 The LORD thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded. [c]

14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemies ,
great bolts of lightning and routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, O LORD,
at the blast of breath from your nostrils.

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.

17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.

18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the LORD was my support.

19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.

I wonder if this is also for the church at this time.
...that I might know Him...
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Thank you Charys for your response and a reminder of the comforting scriptures!

They are a nice reminder that even when black clouds are around; He delivers us and even turns what was meant for evil into good and His Glory. :)

I was a little shocked seeing my picture on the article and naturally whenever we see something like that the natural thought is, I hope it is a good thing! I wondered if I had done something wrong and that is why my picture was on the article... but I did not have fear or bad feelings and the vision of the white clouds in the pages was comforting! But the dark clouds were very dark and I knew they were coming... but the scene advanced to the article and I do not know for sure what it was about. I only saw the title and the puffy pages and the vision of the dense bright white clouds stuffing them as someone was reading it.

Even more baffling which I still do not understand is the man at the end. I somehow do not see him as symbolic for Christ because I know He already knows all things, even before we come to Him in prayer and/or confession. I just cannot imagine feeling like I should tell him because of the article.

As far as a message for the Church; time will tell. Not sure if it is about me or just something I witness. When dreams are from the Lord and it happens later, the dream is recognized, maybe guidance and encouragement. Maybe you have a point here; maybe the man I needed to tell about the article was bringing it to him; not a husband but more like a Church or Pastor...

Perhaps it is a story of something that was meant for evil; but God turning it into His Glory, like in the scriptures you provided. :)

Bless you!
With love in Christ,
Annette