The king

Archives for 2007
the kingsdaugher31

The king

Post by the kingsdaugher31 »

Hello,

I dreamed I was boarding a very large ship. My dad was with me. There was also a king on this ship. This king wanted to marry me, but I didn't want to marry him. I'd never seen him before or had never heard anything of him. I was begging my dad to please help me to get away from this king. My dad never said a word. I mean I was literally begging and pleading with him to do something. He didn't say one word!

Inside the ship I was standing next to my dad and the king was there also. I started to run to try to get away from the king. I started running down the stairs to the other parts of the ship just trying to get away so he wouldn't find me. Then the ship starts to sink. So I'm running back up the stairs trying to get back to the top. The water is coming in very fast and everyone else on the ship is scrambling to get out on the deck. I could hear people screaming. The water kept coming up fast and I was trying to get as high up as I could, and finally I realized there was no hope I was going to drown. The water overtook me, and I woke up.
The only way to freedom is letting go. - Jason Crabb
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

Sounds almost as if the ship meant the world, and the king well the king of this world. It sounds like your hoping that your father will intercede or help you fight these battles, and he's either not doing as a father should, or this is a battle you must fight on your own.

I find your dream fascinating, and then your online nick is "The kings daughter" Intresting coincidence!

The water rushing in and drowning you almost seems to me like anxiety of the world.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

KD,
Are you considering joining a large ministry or changing jobs to a bigger corp?

Blessings,
Joy
the kingsdaugher31

Joy2dream,

No, I'm not planning for either.
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Prayerfully consider...

Thinking of boarding as "getting on board" ...getting established, getting aquainted, moving along, in the spirit or in your ministry...

Your Dad I believe is the HolySpirit. The King I believe is someone who is in authority over you or is head over you in some way....

You may be trying to be submissive...going along with what is asked of you ....(him wanting to marry you is maybe symbolic of wanting you to come into agreement or unity with Him)...You don't feel that you should and are pleading with the HolySpirit to show you....Help you to make this decision...But your not hearing Him say anything...Should you stay or should you go???

I believe you are running to and fro is talking about trying to figure out what you should do...trying to find the "safe" place to be...
The water coming in is what I believe you are seeing coming in your spirit...in other words, you are seeing the opposite way that the King is seeing...you may even see danger or judgement that will enter in and are struggling about whether or not you are to maintain your position in this ship....

I am thinking the sinking is how you feel..overwhelmed...like you aren't hearing the Lord give you a direction or an answer and so you feel like you are sinking with the rest of them on the ship...

I kept asking the Lord, What is the solution to this then?? I wondered, why would He be showing you how you are feeling but not showing the outcome..????

I simply heard this....Trust me...Look to me...quit running, quit trying to figure it all out, and just look to me...I am your life preserver...I see all things....

If this doesn't bare witness please discard...but I had to give you what I received...
Lots of Love..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Really interesting dream!

Hmmm, I am thinking along the same lines as Krista..... about a battle you yourself need to fight, but there must be more to this dream, too.
mc061390
Gold Member

Post by mc061390 »

What I have to tell you have been nagging at me ever since I read your dream, but I haven't posted it, because I fear that I may be wrong but here it goes:

Don't be scared or afraid, Satan might try to come in and put fear and doubt in you, but if you pray and plead in Jesus's name you will over come!

Psalm 56 (New Living Translation)

1 O God, have mercy on me,
for people are hounding me.
My foes attack me all day long.
2 I am constantly hounded by those who slander me,
and many are boldly attacking me.
3 But when I am afraid,
I will put my trust in you.
4 I praise God for what he has promised.
I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?
5 They are always twisting what I say;
they spend their days plotting to harm me.
6 They come together to spy on me—
watching my every step, eager to kill me.
7 Don’t let them get away with their wickedness;
in your anger, O God, bring them down.

8 You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in your book.

9 My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
This I know: God is on my side!
10 I praise God for what he has promised;
Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
What can mere mortals do to me?

12 I will fulfill my vows to you, O God,
and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help.
13 For you have rescued me from death;
you have kept my feet from slipping.
So now I can walk in your presence, O God,
in your life-giving light.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

KD,
I check back later and see if any of the other posts witnesses to you.

Blessings,
Joy
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

Hi KD,

I found it interesting that your last line is "The water overtook me and I woke up"

Then your quote by J. Crabb, "The only way to freedom is letting go."

Hmmm

kimibrew
the kingsdaugher31

You guys are awesome! Each post has added a piece to this puzzle for me.

mc061390 thanks for the scripture. You know, I'm one to always encourage my friends about not being afraid. Now you've given me a wake up call. Duh! God hasn't given us the spirit of fear. Wow, what rebuke! You really have encouraged me in my present situation. So thank you for obeying God!

WaitingforHim, you've really blessed and helped me. I've read your post over and over. And I'm seeing clearly now.

What I failed to mention is that this dream was not a current one, but a past one that has plagued me for months. And reading all the posts has helped me to see how it's connected to my present situation. This dream was so intense and so real and that 's why it's stuck with me. God was showing me what was to come, and now it has come. I am overwhelmed right now, and it's not from something bad, it's really ALL GOOD! And I am very encouraged by your words:
I simply heard this....Trust me...Look to me...quit running, quit trying to figure it all out, and just look to me...I am your life preserver...I see all things....

When we're going through things, it's not wise to always get advice from those who know you, and know your current situation because out of their emotions they will tell you what you want to hear. Mannassehs_Warrior, you're right, it's a battle I have to handle myself.

I thank God for this site for those who He gives insight to concerning the mysteries in our dreams. My friends call me to interpret their dreams and it goes ok, but when it comes to my own, I have stuggles :? God is calling me higher, "moving forward", and I know I cannot run from it. Not that I want to, I just have to step out, but fear is something!!! Kimibrew, thanks for reminding me of my words.....letting go....stepping out.

Joy2dream, I answered your question, NO, about moving to a larger ministry..but now that I think about it, actually I'm moving forward into my place in God...so looking at if from that angle, yes.

Thank you all again. And if you feel led of the Holy Spirit, pray for me. My name is
Sonya, and I'm a dreamer :D .