Basement wall

Archives for 2010
forhim
Silver Member

Basement wall

Post by forhim »

I walked past my basement and saw that the door was broken. At first I thought someone had broken in but I realized it was broken from the inside. Then I noticed that the wall was also broken. I thought I need help but then I put the wall and door back together, like a jigsaw puzzle, putting pieces of the wood back in order to make it fit. Then I went back upstairs.

Next scene I was walking out to a storage room, next to a carport with a car in it. I saw someone on the other side of the vehicle and I called my ex-husband, Gary's, name. It was not him but another man that I know. We spoke and then we started walking toward the house. We took each other's hands and I felt such peace, a very comfortable feeling.

Any thoughts?
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi forhim,

For your discernment, discard what does not rest.

The basement reflects to me a place of humility, or abasement, which is closer to humiliation, either way, its down beneath the heart of where everyday living occurs. It is at the foundation area of the home, or perhaps the heart.

Sometimes basements are a cooler, damper temperature than the rest of the house.

The broken door and the broken down wall that are in need of repair seem to reflect the damage done at this low foundational level.

You were able to put the pieces together again and repair the damage done, in thinking you needed help, perhaps this is when the Lord, unseen, assisted you in rebuilding.

I do not have much to add about the second part of your dream. The name Gary is derived from the word ger, or gar and means "spear"

You are on the way to a storage room, ...memories?
Seems as if you are sidetracked in a good way in this area (carport) that protects from the elements.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
forhim
Silver Member

Post by forhim »

Piano, thank you for your response. It has given me some insight and I will continue to ask HIM for clarification. My ex husband, Gary, was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. So sad!!!
jackiebauerle
Platinum Member

Post by jackiebauerle »

When I read this dream, the focus came on the puzzle pieces in the repair.

The basement represented the deep things inside of you or your house....the lord is speaking about a brokenness inside....a door that was left open....or broken open from the inside (thoughts that keep you wounded and vulendable and not allowing the door to be closed).....the repair of that wound...is like putting puzzle pieces together. The repair is coming.

The second part is more descripted of the first....you went to the storage room (deep things, memories) Then you saw a man...you called out Gary, Could the there be a connection with him and the broken door? God appears to be pointing you in a direction with clues that were important enough to mention...but not the main focus...the main focus is ...you thought it was Gary...but it is not!

Then the man was not him....but one that gives you peace and comfort....I feel this is the Lord. He is wanting to remove all that interfers and prevents you and him getting closer. Note that he was standing beside a car...not in a car. Perhaps, the ministry to your soul will happen through a ministry (car in a car port) but not in a ministry...but one to one with the Lord?

This dreams offers hope of repair and comfort and closeness. Great promises from God.

God Bless!