Covered in blood

Archives for 2007
Blessings
Platinum Member

Covered in blood

Post by Blessings »

I was on a game show like Fear Factor. We had to run under a spout of blood. There was a tap where we could get washed up a bit. I didn't really understand the point. But after washed up A women with a clip board said I got 70%. I asked,"what's that about?" She explained to me that my skin was clean but my clothes were still dirty. I didn't understand because I figured I would change my cloths. I thought I did poorly but I looked at the other marks and they were all less than mine. I remembered 58%.

Later we were going to be served lunch but it was all sweets like icecream and cake and candy. I took two mints and thought I would get sick if I eat all this stuff. I thought "Where's the veggies?"

I noticed the other girls had make up and were well dressed. My face had no makeup.

One woman got up and started playing the guitar and singing. It was a familiar worship song. I was pleased until I realized that the words were mocking God. I was disgusted and wanted to leave.
Janice
Gold Member

Hope this helps

Post by Janice »

Sounds like you got under the blood covering covenant. When we become born again believer in Jesus... We put on the LORD Jesus and His righteousness. It is written that our righteousness is filthy as rags... As we put on the LORD Jesus... we put on new garments of our new walk in Him.

Sis, like all of us... none has arrived. We all have room for improvement in life. And the Holy Spirit is simply perfecting His Church. Perhaps something that is 70%.... and not 100%.... shows just this fact for room to improve. Can you see this?

Do you think the Spirit could be showing you to have a balanced diet in your Spirit? One can become a spiritual giant in their spirit if they just build up their Spirit through praying in the Spirit.... and not get enough of the meat of the word and such. If I hear you right.... you are ready for more of the meat of the word. :}

I can see that your heart is with pure intents but you may know others who are not. Pray for them...
"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."
Travis
Silver Member

The cup

Post by Travis »

Hi there,

What a cool dream, as I read your dream I was reminded of what the Jews in Jesus' time thought when He said," This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."
Remember that they were forbidden from eating blood. So in your dream the blood being poured out may seem very weird but it was
even harder for the Jews to accept.

Know that as long as we are on this earth our bodies are dieing but the inward man is being renewed... It also says that we will be getting some new cloths in heaven.

When we come to Jesus we come as we are, so were not going to be looking all that well on the outside at first. That's why I can't stress enough to let the Holy Spirit do his work on the inside of you, it doesn't work the other way around. Although you'll you may find some churches that want to clean up the outside with legalistic garbage.

What may look good to us can be deceptive. Let the Holy Spirit guide you into all Truth.

Travis
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up" James 4:10
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Thanks, As I was pondering this I also thought of Works Rightousness. Although I was covered with the blood of Jesus this woman judged my performance. I was not completely clean. This reminded me of the scripture. We are saved by faith not by works. I often must remind myself of that truth because I grew up in an environment of "Faith without works is dead." Leaning quite heavily on the works. My 70% shows me I can't cut it at that. Thank God it's not about performance.

Janice, the Lord has been dealing with me on my diet. Physically. I've pretty much stopped eating any kind of sweet. So much so that the thought of sweet stuff turns me off. Yeah you are probably right. I get busy sometimes and neglect Spiritual matters. I definitely long to grow deeper in the Lord.