Driving a rickety old car

Archives for 2007
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Driving a rickety old car

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I had this dream some months back and there was more to it than I am sharing here but in it, I was driving this old, wooden rickity thing for a car. It was noteworthy because I almost never dream of driving at all..... This thing was like something from ? turn of the century or even earlier?

It was like pieces of wood and had the shape of a car.... big steering wheel and I was driving it though it probably wasnt something that ought to have been on the road! Very rickity.... it was all open, too, almost like a bicycle except it was wide enough to be and be driven as, a car.

It did not/could not go very fast and prolly could have broken down or fallen apart at any time.

What does the rickety old wooden "car" represent? I will say I was struggling (and still am) with sins, one in particular.

Thanks for reading....
talitha

Post by talitha »

MW, I think the Lord is showing you what it looks like when you walk according to the flesh - you can maybe do some things, but it's laborious, and it can't last. Recently I had a conversation with a friend about this subject - there have been moments when I've known in the spirit that this struggle or that was over, that there had been a real victory in that area, but when I try to manufacture one of those moments, the Lord lets me see how frail I am - I can't do it by my own power of will - that is flesh.

For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

I agree with your suspicions that this is about your area of struggle, and I think this means you really need to entrust it to Him - He is not threatened by it, and He knows that you cannot of yourself overcome this thing, whatever it is.

blessings
tal