my first love?

Archives for 2007
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

my first love?

Post by ArisenShine »

In this dream the first real boyfriend I ever had, in high school, showed up at my door. I recognized him at once...he looked the same but older, had the same hair (but longer), but the skin on his face looked damaged by some kind of blemishes all over it. Like healed over sores. The skin was also all bumpy and rough.

He smiled big at me, embraced me, and kissed me. Then he remained cheek to cheek for awhile like he didn't want to let me go...sort of 'swooning' as the memory of how he'd once 'loved me' (I guess he did in real life..he'd asked to marry me later...but I said no)

For some reason he brought a coiled up rope with him. It was basically white, with multicolored splashes all over it. I didn't know why he carried it, but didn't ask....he just kept wanting to kiss on me more and I kept walking away.

He then kept trying to convince me to 'go with him' again...and have intimacy (I figured, in the dream...in real life we NEVER had s-x, just kissed) He followed me room to room begging me to go w/him, and I finally inquired "Are you married". He said "Yes", and then I told him I would "NEVER!" go out w/a married man. (not entirely sure if I was also married in the dream, or not...the focus was just on HIM being married, yet wanting 'me', willing to cheat on his wife) I said it just wasn't right. I kept saying the word "Never!"

end of dream, but I can't figure out why this guy would show up in a dream when I haven't seen or thought of him in a zillion years!

Thanks for any ideas. Oh..btw...there is no temptation in my real life along these lines, whatsoever.
Wondering if he represents "first love"???????
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

He seems to represent temptation.
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

His rope gives me the creeps.

Maybe silly.

kimibrew
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Hi, Lee. I'm thinking he represents something from the past which you are [in the process of?] overcoming. The healed over sores [on the face of it] reveal the healing process. He keeps trying to kiss you-get you to come into agreement with him but you are having none of it, ptL.

He carried the rope in hopes that you would have a weak moment-revisit this past issue and become bound up in it all over again. The splashes of color on the white rope may indicate a mixture of truth & lies.

It appears to be both a warning and an encouragment (the healed over sores]. It's typical of the enemy to intensify his attacks when breakthrough is imminent. And he is notorious for bringing up things we think we have put behind us in a last ditch effort to entangle us. Your perseverance in faith will bring victory.

I wonder, sis, if his name holds a clue? Or perhaps you already know.

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
ArisenShine
Diamond Member

Post by ArisenShine »

Thank you All,

You have been a great help, and I agree w/what's been said.

The rope...to 'rope me into something'....yes, "entangelment", most likely.

I did a quick search on both first and last names
His first name originates from a name which means 'ruler of the people'.
The last name is derived from an occupation as a 'servant in the household of a high ranking nobleman'.

Please feel free to share any other insights you feel may be important.

Gob bless,
Lee
Lee/ArisenShine
Consider the lilies....