Kayaking to Ft. Wayne

Archives for 2007
bigbee
Gold Member

Kayaking to Ft. Wayne

Post by bigbee »

In the dream I was supposedly on my way to work and since the freeway was congested I grabbed a kayak and went into a river with a kayak. I was kayaking down this river very fast and the water was moving quickly it felt great! (IRL I don't kayak) I was on my way to Ft. Wayne?

Thoughts anyone?

Bb
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Flowing in the Spirit. Not stuck in congested religiousity
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Thank You Blessings, does anyone have any insight on Ft. Wayne? I know it's a city in Indiana.
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Wayne,_Indiana

The Miami nation established the first settlement at the Maumee, St. Joseph and St. Mary's Rivers in the mid 17th century. Called Kekionga, the village was the traditional capital of the Miami nation and related Algonquian tribes. Historians believe that around 1676, French priests and missionaries visited the Miami on their way back from a mission at Lake Michigan. In 1680, René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle sent a letter to the Governor-General of Canada stating he also stopped there. In the 1680s French traders established a post at the location because it was the main portage between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River. The Maumee River is approximately ten miles (16 kilometers) away from the Little River branch of the Wabash River, which flows, in turn, into the Ohio River

Religion

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in downtown Fort Wayne.
Beside its "Summit City" nickname, Fort Wayne also is informally called the "City of Churches" by some of its residents; a nickname that stretches back to the late 1800s when the city was the hub of regional Catholic and Lutheran faiths. Until the building of the Lincoln Bank Tower in 1929, church and cathedral spires dominated the city's skyline.
The Missouri Synod of the Lutheran Church was constituted in St. Paul's Lutheran Church, then known as St. Pauls Evangelich Lutheranische Gemeinde, in the 1830s.
Fort Wayne is the principle city of the Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend whose region includes northeastern and north central Indiana. The principle cathedral of the diocese is the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, located in downtown Fort Wayne.
As of May 2006, three national Christian congregations were headquartered in Fort Wayne: the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association, Missionary Church, Inc. and the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches (formerly Evangelical Mennonite Church)

Thought very interesting facts
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
givingthanks
Gold Member

Post by givingthanks »

Bigbee.....

Maybe a play on words

Blessings said..... flowing in the spirit

Ftwayne = floooowayne = flowing :?:
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you..I Thes 5:18
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Thank You both! I too see this as flowing in the spirit! I like the play on words aspect, I wouldn't have caught that ;) I also think there may be historical aspect of Ft. Wayne itself that the Lord may want me to key on,

Blessings to you both!

Bb