Large Hummingbird

Archives for 2010
jumpinjon

Large Hummingbird

Post by jumpinjon »

Hi everyone the other night I dreamed of a large hummingbird that was feeding from a hummingbird feeder and in the dream I wanted to catch it so I walked over towards it and I actually caught it. After I caught it the bird did not seem to mind that I caught it and it actually stayed on my right hand kind of gently nibbling at my index finger. This is when I noticed its beak was not straight but curved like a parrots beak and the color of its feathers were blue. I then decided to release the bird in to the air and I did, it then flew away and I woke up. The other thing is that this hummingbird was about the size of a small morning dove. Please feel free to share your thoughts ideas and revelations of what God has spoken to you about this dream thanks and God Bless. Love Jonathan
Jonathan Grummer
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Mmmmm...welcome to the board Jonathan.

When I read this dream the thing which struck me was PROPHETIC MANDATE. Hummingbirds can symbolise joyful, energetic freedom and exuberance but their beaks to me also remind me of the two-edge sword description of Jesus in scripture:

RevelAtion 1: 13-16
I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone like a son of man,[d] dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

Double edged sword:

Double-edged sword refers to the Roman “Thracian” sword that a small double edge dagger used as an offensive weapon, it is referring to the power of His Word and the testimony of our Lord. It symbolizes His divine judgment and decisive action (Isa. 4:12; 11:4; 49:2; Eph. 6:17; Heb. 4:12; Rev. 2:12, 16; 6:8; 19:15, 21)

That this bird landed on your right index finger to me also speaks of the prophetic, as does its blue (of the divine ) feathering. Your index finger is used to point the way forward and also to point out what is wrong (as above divinely inspired judgement of what is wrong and decisive action to correct it).

I came across Hummingbird ministries in Canada which works specifically in justice and reconciliation ( interesting that you mentioned the dove also) amongst first nations people. Here's the link in case you're interested to read what they say about the hummingbird:

http://hummingbirdministries.wordpress.com/

Jonathan...this is what struck me from your dream...but I recognise I have a heavy tilt/bias towards prophetic justice so it may just be that i am seeing what i see for that reason. As we say on here...weigh and pray and ditch what does not fit...

grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
yeshuas_beloved
Bronze Member

Post by yeshuas_beloved »

I had a similar dream about 3 years ago about a hummingbird landing in my hands. It was of normal size, and emerald green with ruby throat. It had a slightly curved beak, as I recall, and latched on to my left index finger. It began laying a large pile of tiny eggs in my cupped hands, so much that my hands could hardly hold them all. Some were whole, others broken. Then it released what I describe as afterbirth, and this red layer covered the eggs.

I realized the significance of the pointer finger symbolizing the prophetic. I am left-handed and also a prophetic artist, and I believe the eggs are the works God wants to bring forth. The little hummingbird seemed spent after laying the eggs, though I was surprised how quickly everything came at once.

Hummingbirds are special because they have excellent vision, and can see a broader spectrum of colors than humans and most animals.

Hummingbirds flit from place to place. One of the revivalists, Maria Woodworth Etter, was described as a hummingbird as she traveled from place to place. Perhaps this can be seen as an apostolic anointing as well.

The fact that you released this larger-than-life hummingbird shows that you recognized God's gifting and you are releasing it back to Him. You want to be part of His divine ministry on the earth, but you do not want to get in the way...you want to give God full control, full reign.

Hope this is an encouragement. I learned a lot through your dream, and God confirmed much through it and Charlie's post as well.

Blessings, Sandra
yeshuas_beloved
Bronze Member

Post by yeshuas_beloved »

After I posted, I heard the phrase "Visionary Anointing." I re-read your dream again, realizing last post focused a lot on my dream.

The hummingbird feeder suggests to me a spiritual well, like Abraham's well of vision, Beer Lahai Roi (Hebrew for "well of the living seeing one" Gen. 25:11). Drawing from that pure, undefiled well, the bird grew large. When you caught it, it also nibbled your index finger, suggesting that it was feeding from your well of vision, too. This could be a picture of those who will grow from your ministry on a general level (feeder) and also a more personal level through mentoring from you, perhaps.

Something I learned about my hummingbird dream is that while I was holding the bird in my hands, in truth the bird represented ME and the hands were actually GOD's hands. It took me a while to get my brain to wrap around this concept.

Perhaps the same is true for you. Perhaps YOU are the blue hummingbird, growing in wisdom and revelation. God "caught" you and allowing you to feed from His Hand, and in doing so you will receive great insights through this intimacy and fine-tuning in discernment and prophecy. And then He will release you into ministry after this preparation time.

Feeder = WELL - general revelation and truth of God
Nibbling finger = INTIMACY - secrets of heart revealed in a more focused flow
Flying away = RELEASED - greater works, more precise words given

~Sandra