safety pin

Archives for 2011
yesLord
Gold Member

safety pin

Post by yesLord »

What could a vision of an open safety pin mean?
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello YesLord, I am not sure of the context of your vision but wanted to put down my thoughts. A safety pin speaks to me as to fasten something. I also found that it is used as a form of protection; the pin itself is locked in casing to protect those from getting pricked. In regards to fastening:

Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language 1. (v.) To fix firmly; to make fast; to secure, as by a knot, lock, bolt, etc.; as, to fasten a chain to the feet; to fasten a door or window. 2. (v.) To cause to hold together or to something else; to attach or unite firmly; to cause to cleave to something , or to cleave together, by any means; as, to fasten boards together with nails or cords; to fasten anything in our thoughts. 3. (v.) To cause to take close effect; to make to tell; to lay on; as, to fasten a blow. 4. (v. i.) To fix one's self; to take firm hold; to clinch; to cling.

In regards to pricking:1. (v.) That which pricks, penetrates, or punctures; a sharp and slender thing; a pointed instrument; a goad; a spur, etc.; a point; a skewer. 2. (n.) The act of pricking, or the sensation of being pricked; a sharp, stinging pain; figuratively, remorse. 3. (n.) A mark made by a pointed instrument; a puncture; a point.

I found this on the ISB encylopedia written by D. Miall Edwards; it states: PRICK

prik: As a noun (= any slender pointed thing, a thorn, a sting) it translates two words:

(1) sekh, a "thorn" or "prickle." Only in Numbers 33:55, "those that ye let remain of them be as pricks in your eyes," i.e. "shall be a source of painful trouble to you."

(2) kentron "an iron goad" for urging on oxen and other beasts of burden: "It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks" (the King James Version of Acts 9:5), following the best manuscripts, including Codices Sinaiticus, A, B, C, E; the King James Version of Acts 26:14, has "goad," i.e. to offer vain and perilous resistance. Goad as a verb = "to pierce with something sharply pointed," "to sting", it occurs once in its literal sense: "a pricking brier" (Ezekiel 28:24); and twice in a figurative sense: "I was pricked in my heart" (Psalm 73:21); "They were pricked in their heart" (Acts 2:37).

Toss if does not speak and I hopes this helps. God Bless!!!
yesLord
Gold Member

Post by yesLord »

Thank you Newbie for your response, actually there was only a vision of the open safety pin, nothing else.
yesLord
Gold Member

Post by yesLord »

Praise and worshipping the Lord ,then someone spoke they just had a vision of an open safety pin.