ACTORS IN YOUR DREAMS

Archives for 2011
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

ACTORS IN YOUR DREAMS

Post by ElijahsTask »

IS THERE ANY RELEVANCE TO SEEING AN ACTOR IN YOUR DREAMS?
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

I believe they can represent idols... IE: Hollywood Stars (American Idols)

Toss if not helpful.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

A couple of times, guys who I have been interested in have been "cast" as "romantic leads" in my dreams...like Leonardo DiCaprio once...who I am not even attracted to, but it was symbolic of a "romantic lead" in my life at the time. ;)
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

yes often times I have found that they represent their roles and how we think of them in their characters.
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

Hi There

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT RESPONSES....... THE LAST MOVIE I SAW TOM WILKINSON IN WAS A MOVIE CALLED MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT

A MOVIE I BORROWED FROM A FRIEND

TURNED IT OFF LESS THAN 1/2 WAY THROUGH. NOT MY CUP OF TEA.

I MAY HAVE SEEN THIS ACTOR ONE OTHER TIME BUT THAT'S ABOUT AS MUCH DEALING AS I HAVE HAD WITH HIM.........

TO ME, HE HAS THE KIND OF FACE THAT EXPRESSES FEELING WELL IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

ODD DREAM THOUGH..... IT WAS MORE TO DO WITH THE WATER TURNING INTO BLOOD THAT GOT ME.

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR GREAT RESPONSES.

ET
Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand--
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

I also agree with what I think BJ is saying.
The character that I might most connect the actor with, being portrayed symbolically, to represent a person I know or an idea He wants me to understand.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Oh....just remembered something else. Sometimes in my dreams an actor can represent someone who is a "player." Or sometimes *I think* they are a player, but they're not.
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

actors in dreams

Post by TexasTransplant »

In my dreams, God uses actors or other famous people for their NAMES. Often it's a play on words for Him. For example...dream this week about dabbling with an old sin, seeing a beautiful car (a red Infiniti) mistreated, splattered in mud and stuck in mud pit and then seeing Demi Moore appear in the background. Weird! But he showed me that it was about me settling for less, when I have so much more now....'Demi' means 'less, half' and 'Moore' sounds just like 'more' :) Kind of fun to figure out. Also dreamed of Rod Stewart talking to me about Kuwait. God was really wanting to stress 'ROD' as in discipline, correction in love and the word 'WAIT'. I'm also noticing how these word themes lead me to particular scriptures :) Happy discovering!!
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

piano wrote:I also agree with what I think BJ is saying.
The character that I might most connect the actor with, being portrayed symbolically, to represent a person I know or an idea He wants me to understand.
Yes, that is what I was meaning. Kinda like seeing Sylvester Stalone as Rambo in a dream representing spiritual warfare and fighting against the enemy or seeing Keanu Reeves as Neo from the Matrix in a dream representing awareness of the spiritual world around us and spiritual warfare.

Also the other comment on the actor's name as a word play I have seen as well in my own dreams. Although, I have also seen in many posts by others here on the board that we can also get too caught up with trying to translate names into meanings just like symbol translation that we can sometimes miss the big picture that the dream is trying to convey to us so we need to be careful with this.

in Christ,
Counted4Him
Diamond Member

Post by Counted4Him »

Hi,

I have dreamed with Oprah and she represented someone to pray for because of her being that of a role model (not positive) in her leading. I also agree with names can symbolically speak to you. Adam Saandler once made his name impose the Lord as the first Adam. Britney Spears the young woman was used in a night vision to me her and forest two pictures given then I heard "cursed forest" it mean many Hollywood people (forest=trees=people) are living under a cursed life. Britney woman represented Hollywood celebrity to me.

Therefore, the impression you feel represents that person is a clue and how you are nourished by the Holy Word to YOUR understanding helps also. The Holy Spirit will teach you Gods truth if you continue to seek Him as you do.

GOD BLESS
Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit * 1 Corinthians 12:4
ElijahsTask
Site Moderator

Post by ElijahsTask »

THESE ARE ALL WONDERFUL RESPONSES.... I DO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. THERE IS OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING ABOUT A NAME AND I TOO BELIEVE THE POSITION THEY ARE HOLDING IN THE DREAM..... BE IT A PREACHER, PRESIDENT, EVANGELIST ETC........

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE RESPONSES HERE.

I ALSO BELIEVE WE SHOULD PRAY FOR THESE PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE. I HAVE PRAYED FOR MANY ACTORS OVER CERTAIN SEASONS IN MY LIFE.

I ENJOY TOM HANKS IN FORREST GUMP. THE CHARACTER HE PORTRAYS TOUCHES MY HEART IN A DEEP WAY. I HAVE A VERY SOFT SPOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS.
FORREST WAS KIND, SENSITIVE, CHILD LIKE AND TO ME, VERY LOVEABLE. HE IS SOMEONE I WOULD TRUST WITH MY LIFE. HE HAD A SENSE OF CARING THAT WENT DEEP, AND HE WAS SINCERE. HE WAS AN OVER COMER.

THEN THERE WAS THE MOVIE SAVING PRIVATE RYAN........ ANOTHER MOVIE THAT TOUCHED MY HEART, THE GREEN MILE...... THO THAT WAS A HARD MOVIE TO WATCH, I LIKED THE FACT THAT HE ALLOWED HIMSELF TO STEP OUT IN FAITH AND TRUST..........

BOTTOM LINE, I AM NOW, AFTER READING ALL THE INPUT HERE, SEEING HOW VALUABLE THIS IS.

I AM GLAD THAT I DIDN'T CONSIDER IT A DUMB QUESTION, SOMETHING I " SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT ON MY OWN"......... I AM GLAD I POSTED THIS.

THANK YOU!!! :D

ET