Quick trip to US and Canada

Archives for 2012
bella
Diamond Member

Quick trip to US and Canada

Post by bella »

This was this morning's dream ... a stress dream, I think.

I was with some other young women, much younger than me, but they seemed to be students. That's how I think I hooked up with them.

A very last minute thing ... we were all going on a trip together. Because it was last minute, I was stressed and not enjoying the process (usually I'm very good at impromptu stuff). We were going to the U.S. then Canada.

I knew it was going to be cold in Canada and I'm from a warm weather place. I only have one pair of boots, and they're getting old and have high heels. I was worried that they'd be too daggy and that the heels may break off while I was away (have had that happen before).

We had discussions about what we were going to do there. I would be driving the hire car and we'd start in north west U.S.A. and drive up into Canada. I would drop each of the girls off at some point, so I'd be left driving around by myself.

I commented 'well at least all our signs look the same, so I won't feel too much out of my comfort zone'. Something along those lines.

The main girl who'd been organising it, had also organised for me to stay with some people she knew. So I was a bit stressed about staying with strangers, but was confident they'd be kind to me.

Back to the boots ... I had imagined having to buy new boots, and was picturing some high fashion boots with a high spikey heel. The girl said, no, they're casual (relaxed) in Canada, so just wear the boots you've got. You'll fit right in. (My boots are nice, but just not high fashion.)

I was also worried about money because I have a finite pool, with no planned income.

At one point, we were all lined up in a room waiting to collect things to do with the trip. Heaps of other people were lined up in this little room, and it seemed to be selling food, like a really small canteen. The line wove back and forth so we could all fit in this little room. In the line ahead was Ted Danson, and he was like his Becker character. Grumpy. I said something to him, he shot back. Not sure what the point of that was. I think one of the girls told me not to talk to anyone. *Addition: everyone was wearing white. Kind of like something you'd see in the middle east - long over shirts, over trousers. All men I think?

At some point I could see myself driving through U.S./Canada, but I'm not sure if it was because I was there or because I was thinking ahead and trying to get it in my mind, what was going to happen.

I woke up with a song 'Oh Canada' going through my mind.

END OF DREAM

This dream, as I think of it, brings up a flash of a dream I had a while back where I was travelling overseas (to several spots in Europe) and was stressed about it.

I'd like to travel OS, so I don't know why these dreams have had so much stress attached to them. Maybe it's because I don't seem to know WHY I'm going there, and NOTHING'S planned. It's thrown on me at the last minute. I don't need to plan much IRL, but this is ridiculous.

* Edited to fix typos and 1 bit left out.
Last edited by bella on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Hey CJ. It's summer here. Forecast is for 29C tomorrow. Much too warm for boots. Our road speeds are posted in km. and we are quite casual, at least away from the big cities. You would be quite welcome.

My stress dreams often involves not being prepared for journeys that go on and on. It could be a stress dream, but what is it revealing to you about the things you fear? Do you like to have everything worked out in advance or are you more spontaneous? Is trust in unfamiliar situations stressful for you? Do you have a hard time trusting other people to make plans?

Could Ted Danson's grumpy Becker character have something in common with the way you react under stress and the girl is warning you not to say to much when you are stressed? (Someone told me about "HALT". They said try not to discuss anything serious or make big decisions when hungry, (or hurt) angry, lonely or tired.)

Perhaps this dream is about heading into new territory which is not entirely different, yet quite distant from the familiar. If the Lord takes you in another direction can you trust him even if he doesn't tell you where this is going or what you are supposed to do?
...that I might know Him...
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Well thank goodness you work in celcius and kms because that makes it so much easier :wink:

29C would be bliss. It's winter, and cold right now. Max 20C today and overcast. Blah.
Do you like to have everything worked out in advance or are you more spontaneous? Is trust in unfamiliar situations stressful for you? Do you have a hard time trusting other people to make plans?
Definitely spontaneous, unfamiliar situations aren't usually stressful, and don't have trouble with others' plans.

That's why it's weird. I think I'm just tired of doing everything by myself, and because I'm feeling kind of burnt out on constant change. CONSTANT change. It's the burnt out bit that feels strong.

I don't know how to push past that. I have a feeling it's really simple, but I'm just not getting it.

When I'm stressed I usually go quiet, naturally. But the thing is, I don't really truly get stressed that often. It takes a lot to get on my nerves.
If the Lord takes you in another direction can you trust him even if he doesn't tell you where this is going or what you are supposed to do?
I think that's it. I'm not getting any real direction and haven't for about 5 years. Just lots of confusion.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I just looked up road signs on wikipedia and the photo for Quebec is EXACTLY what I saw in my dream.

The one at the very top of the page is a local one.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Hey CJ, I was just researching Canada/Quebec symbols and this came up. Looks like what may be happening with you now....? May need to look back at this one :). I wonder if traveling overseas may indicate taking huge leaps of faith. But I'm still certain Canada is a VERY important symbol and would love to figure it out!!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Me again...
All I find researching it points me back to what I'd already heard. Quebec literally means 'narrow strait or path' :) and Canada seems to mean 'great land' or 'territory' and things like that. I think they are definitely positive symbols and I wonder if they just refer to something the Lord himself is doing or wants to do for us. 'His way' is what I want to let it mean. Thoughts??
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Nothing yet. :?