CALIFORNIA

Archives for 2012
theonlywan
Diamond Member

CALIFORNIA

Post by theonlywan »

what do you folks think CALIFORNIA is symbolic of?

it is South-West from Israel....
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

in terms of a larger scale, I'd say iniquity
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

Thanks Discerning,
Yes CA is certainly about sin isn't it.. mercy.. speaking of which.. have you read this?? It really moved my heart & God is so grieved and wanting the people to repent: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/joebrandt.htm

He didn't use the word in regards to iniquity for this symbol however, He was saying that someone needed to prepare because they are going to 'California'
" You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you " ~ Isaiah 26:3
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Sounds like that may be a literal one!
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

no... not literal... it's symbolic of something and I believe it has to do with the symbolism of "south & west" because that's where California is ..but having a hard time getting the interp together. i think it has something to do with rest & then warfare.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Well what actually came to mind was that California was the original 'wild west'.
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

I didn't know that CJ - thank you!
I'm in Canada so geography outside of my area is slim-pickin' for me!
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Note: I did not read the article in it's entirety - don't have time right now to research - and this is not a commentary on that piece.

Just felt led to qualify my earlier comment in the interest of being a good steward and for anyone who might stumble upon this post at a later date..

Numerous words have spewed forth over the years regarding California and her 'iniquity'. Many (most?) are just plain fear-mongering, depicting God as a hateful, vengeful father who enjoys punishing His children. A rare few are Divine warnings calling for repentence and pointing to our Hope which is Christ Jesus. Hope is everpresent in a true Word from the Lord. Always.

Every 'word' must line up with The Word. The fear-mongers never fail to cite Sodom & Gomorrah....never will you see a mention of Nineveh. Consider that.

Yes the Wild West is characterized by lawlessness. Need I say more?

I would add here that while California has epitomized 'iniquity', it is because the hub of iniquity is located there. There are many, many men and women of God there who are standing in the gap and many more throughout the nation, even across the globe, who are interceeding and standing in agreement.

I see the 'state' of California as symbolic of where this nation is headed if we don't do an about-face. The enemy has made a gross mistake here...he has overlooked The Remnant...

Like Papa, they are alive and well. And they are praying.

selah,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

The other thing that's kept coming to mind is the California gold rush. The history of all of this is quite interesting. Check out this wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Old_West
theonlywan
Diamond Member

Post by theonlywan »

I finally figured it out!

CALIFORNIA in her dream (as well as in my dreams) represents being down SOUTH in a place where the light of God is..it also means a place where we overcome things in our life..South is also where spiritual 'giants' reside (bad things that affect us)..so this is a place where we overcome bad things that happened to us in our lives.
The fact that California is also WEST indicates a place of warfare

The reference (for myself & my friend) is about a place of overcoming the 'giants' in our lives.

God bless you all
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Isn't it bizarre how our dream symbols can be so different. When I dream of giants, it's either really big people, or ferocious black dogs (dobermans, german shepherds or rotweilers)!