Elephant exhausted at gas station

Archives for 2012
ginasings4him
Platinum Member

Elephant exhausted at gas station

Post by ginasings4him »

Hello,
I had a brief vision/dream last night that I saw an Elephant walk up to a gas station where the gas tanks are and the Elephant just layed right down almost collapsing - looking exhausted next to the gas tank. I remember asking in the dream: Why is the elephant coming to the gas tank to be refilled - it doesn't run on gas.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Not sure if it fits here, but just found this info.
Elephant- a large, obvious, un-dealt with problem in someone’s life
In MY dreams, gas stations or gas tanks usually represent church or a place where I would get fed the Word.

Throw this all out if it doesn't seem right to you!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Gina, my thoughts on the elephant is based on your statement at the end of your vision/dream, “Why is the elephant coming to the gas tank to be refilled - it doesn't run on gas.”
An elephant getting gas would be odd IRL. Gas stations are refueling points and gas is fuel/energy we need for our vehicles. The elephant is exhausted and it is waiting at the pump. So what comes to me is that the elephant may represent a large and powerful religious spirit that has grown weary and is attempting to be revitalized. Or It represents a large prophetic influence (perhaps a person) that needs to be uplifted in prayer (the gas). Perhaps a key in discerning in what it all means may lie in what you prayed about before getting this vision/dream. As usual toss if it does not speak!
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

just putting another thought out there--if elephants can be symbolic of a memory--could it be exhaustion from living off of a memory? Or maybe a memory that needs to be laid to rest? Praying He gives you insight!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
dbliss22
Platinum Member

Post by dbliss22 »

You are the elephant.

When an elephant needs refreshing it goes into the river, not a gas station.

You will find your refill in the Spirit and the waters that flow forth from His throne, rather than in wordly places.
Psalms 144:1
ginasings4him
Platinum Member

Post by ginasings4him »

IRL I am dealing with issues in ministry at my church - they have become so burdensome to me that I am at a crossroads of having to decide to stay or leave with what has happened there and what I feel the holy spirit saying to me. It has become so difficult - parts of me wants to stay, but I keep getting signs to leave. I am trying to receive God's wisdom in all this and not mans. People have their own opinions on things and I am trying to not pay so much attention to my own wants and desires and those around me and do what God wants and that has been difficult. Please pray for me to make the right choice and be directed along with my family in the destiny God has for us at this very critical moment. Thank you and bless you :-)
ginasings4him
Platinum Member

Post by ginasings4him »

I also wanted to add that maybe the dream is symbolizing the fact that this burden and issue has been very trying on me spiritually and I am exhausted from it. I truly am exhausted thinking and dealing with it still and want it to be over already but if that means finding a new church - that takes time and I don't want to burn any bridges with friends I still have in my current church. I still don't know what to do and maybe this dream is coming out because of that. I know that I can't find my spiritual fulfillment at "church" but only through the spirit of God himself, although I need to be at a church where my family is loved, accepted, and can grow- I'm not feeling that where we are right now - at least not from some in leadership which is disturbing. There is no fulfillment or refreshing in "religion" but true refreshing is in my personal relationship and worship to HIM - in spirit and in truth.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Definitely praying for God to direct you Gina! I don't think just because you have to leave churches that it means cutting off everything completely--I mean we are the Body no matter what so leaving physically doesn't mean you can't pray as His Spirit directs. Although I recall seeing long time members leave the Church I attended when I was younger, I never once thought it was because of some falling out or something bad--I just figured well change happens, we knew how much they loved God and maybe it was time to move!

When God forms the relationship, He is the author of every detail of it so there are times when we have to follow God despite what others may think or feel. You make your exit gracefully and graciously and let God deal with everything else. Jesus often spoke of us leaving family behind to follow after Him; Abraham had to leave his household in order to follow God....it always makes me think of a sanctification that has to happen in order for Him to grow and mature us to the place He needs us to be in so that we can complete the work He has prepared for us to do.

Let His Peace lead you--lack of it CAN signify we are doing something we shouldn't or not doing something we should. Shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
ginasings4him
Platinum Member

Post by ginasings4him »

Thank you Keilani - that was very good insight into what I'm dealing with - God bless you! :-)