Daughter's Dream: Dog Attack on Island

Archives for 2012
Diamond Member

Daughter's Dream: Dog Attack on Island

Post by Newbie »

This is my 16 year old daughter's dream.
She stated that our family was on vacation and was on some island (she stated that the area in the dream was unfamiliar to her). My husband had snuck some food on the island and this was not allowed. Whoever ran the island became aware that my husband had food and they sent out dogs to nab us. My daughter stated we all took off running and we were leaving her behind because she was running to slow. The dogs grabbed her and she awoke.

Note: I want to add that the same night she had her dream, I had a dream in which I am in a very familiar house (it was the house of my cousin's aunt and her family). Anyway, there is this wolf that is stalking me. I am backing away from it. I am not scared but very much on guard with it. I recalled that I was slowly backing out of the house and I noticed that when I say or threw something at it (cannot recall which, I think it was some kind of weapon) it would stop. I did this repeatedly so I could slowly get out of the house to get away from it. My goal was to trap it in the house. I finally got out; however, I was unsuccesful in keeping the wolf in. I recalled that I only had a few minutes to get awy from it and hide. I hid on top of the house. It was really late at night. I also recalled this tall tree next to the house; in fact the tree was taller than house. I began praying that the wolf did not climb up the tree. Then I awoke.

Any thoughts???
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

A Prayer Against The Savage Wolves Of Darkness

Most Precious Lord Jesus, Gentle And Wonderful God, Truly Awesome And Ever-present Holy Spirit,
Precious Lord Jesus, I love you.
The savage wolves of darkness and evil are ravaging the world.
The savage wolves of darkness and evil are ravaging your flock.
Crime, war, depression, evil, hatred, sin, and unrighteousness are in nearly all places at all times.
So many hearts and lives are being broken by the ravages of evil running rampant.
The truth is being twisted and distorted.
Help all of us kneel and pray.
Help all of us kneel and pray at the foot of your cross.
May we all surrender our heart up to you.
Let our hearts be broken over our sinful ways.
Let our hearts be broken because we have too often loved the darkness instead of the light.
Help us reach out to others in your holy name.
Guide our hearts so we can bring your holy love, your holy light, and your holy will into the evil spreading so relentlessly across the world.
Inspire all of us to be on our guard.
Inspire all of us to read and totally absorb your truth in your sacred word.
All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit upon whom I can rely.
Amen

Reference: http://www.findthepower.com/PrayerPages ... rkness.htm
sarah

Unusual vacation

Post by sarah »

The first thing that pops out to me is that it isn't normal to have to sneak food on an island you are vacationing on. It isn't normal for a vacation spot to intemidate the guest by sending the dogs to get them.

That tells me food is very important and may be rationed. Or prehaps, the food is the word of God, and it has become an offense.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hello Newbie,

I believe your dream is a call to fast and pray for your family, Israel and this country. Your next post to pray was spot on.

I just happened to read Psalm 59 yesterday. I believe there is a reason the Lord tells us in His word to beware of dogs.

Psalm 59
14 And at evening they return,
They growl like a dog,
And go all around the city.
15 They wander up and down for food,
And howl[d] if they are not satisfied.

16 But I will sing of Your power;
Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For You have been my defense
And refuge in the day of my trouble.
17 To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises;
For God is my defense,
My God of mercy.

Philip 3
1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!

quoted by Mathew Henry......
Beware of dogs, Phil. 3:2. The prophet calls the false prophets dumb dogs (Isa. 56:10), to which the apostle here seems to refer. Dogs, for their malice against the faithful professors of the gospel of Christ, barking at them and biting them. They cried up good works in opposition to the faith of Christ; but Paul calls them evil workers: they boasted themselves to be of the circumcision; but he calls them the concision: they rent and tore the church of Christ, and cut it to pieces; or contended for an abolished rite, a mere insignificant cutting of the flesh.

Hope this somehow helps bring you to the interp. :)

Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

what struck me in your dream was the tree being taller than the house and you hoping the wolf doesn’t climb up it. I see the tree as being someone who is in a higher spiritual walk or leadership position than you, and you’re praying/hoping the enemy does not somehow use this person to get to you attack you. Heaven only knows the enemy will use whoever he can get to agree with him
i wrote that as if it was your dream and then realized this was your daugh's dream but you get the idea i'm sure. hope it lends insight somehow