Cake/Icing Dream

Archives for 2012
mab

Cake/Icing Dream

Post by mab »

The dream started out as my mom,dad,deceased brother, my oldest son,daughter, I think my husband and myself were in a house that we were moving into. The room I was standing in had a pool table and wasn't as well lit as I like. My dad and brother wanted the pool table in that room but it didn't sit well with me for some reason. I walked into the last room connected to and in the back of this room. At first it reminded me of the screen covered back porch of a house we lived in when I was seven but it had back walls and not screen. I saw my son to the left of me walking around. I then told my dad that I thought the pool table would be better in that back room. So he and my brother took it to that room.
Dream changes:
I am now at some kind of celebration/party and female members of my family are there. No men. There is a cake on the table in front of me and I start eating a slice of it and I really like the icing. It made me think of icing made with cream and not shortening which I can't stand. I get up and turn to the right( the tables are set up in an L shape) and set dowm in front of another cake. My neice is on my left and she has a young toddler there standing and I kind of play a little with her. I then turn around and start eating the decorative flowers laying with the cake...they are made of icing. ..different colors,blue. red, pink. yellow. There is a very beautiful red rose one and I am thinking that someone else might enjoy or like to have it so I eat a different one. One of the family takes it. I am thinking how much I am enjoying the cake and icing. In the natural I'm a diabetic and think about that but the cake is so good. My mom who died in March of this yr is sitting next to me on my right and she is smiling.

I appreciate any help with this..:)
Be blessed in the Lord, mab
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

A pool table may represent a struggle or competition where you want to do everything you can to cancel out the opposition first. Rooms in a house is representative of us and our walk. For example, a living room in my dream is usually indicative of fellowship with others; whereas, my bedroom is indicative of resting or intimacy with Him. To help discern what area this may lie in, it may be helpful to you to reflect over which room or room type the pool table was in. I am taking there may be a shift in the spiritual realm due to the changing of the rooms. Your father and brother may symbolize a spiritual father or the Father and brother in Christ.
In regards to the cake, I view it as a blessing or reward of sorts that you will get your fill out of. You eating the icing brings to mind the idiom of “icing on the cake”, which means something extra you did not expected. I believe your late mother may be symbolic of the Holy Spirit or she may represent a gifting that has been passed onto you that you may be using during this time. Sorry I do not have more for you but hopes this helps.
mab

Cake/Icing Dream

Post by mab »

Thank you very much for helping me...:)
The pool table was reminicent of the one we had in our living room when I was seven. It was in the middle of the house and made me think of maybe the living or dining room. My dad has accepted Jesus so he says but I haven't seen much fruit.He stays bitter,angry and in rage about everything and at us all the time. My brother who is alive is not saved and very much in the world. All I can do is pray for them. My brother who died in prison was saved while there. The pool table represents their walk with the world. There wasn't much light in that room with it. The back room to me was my way of removing the world/darkness from the other room and away from them..wanting them in the light and out of the darkness. Putting Jesus up front and the world to the back out of their walk. I think you are right about the shift in the spiritual realm. Hopefully it means a change in them..salvation. Somehow I feel I will be a part of that change. My brother hasn't seen my dad for years and it is partly because of my dad that he is that way. They need to be reconciled. My son was saved at one time but became discouraged with how his wife mistreated him(bad) and started blaming God before she died of cancer. She was ordained but wasn't walking it. The opposite and made a terrible witness to my son. Him walking to my left in the dream made me think of his unsaved condition. He needs deliverance form alcohol.
The cake/icing dream had family members that I raised and led to the Lord when they were young. I thought my mother represented the Holy Spirit also. She was very prophetic. It was prophesied over me that my ministry would start with my family and branch out. It's been going on for yrs. The Lord is still sending family members to me. My grandson from Tx has been placed in my custody. His mother lives with me also as well as my dad.
I felt good about the cake/icing also. I had a sweet peace. I know the Lord is doing something.
Be blessed in the Lord, mab