large building, unfamilar family, and babies

Archives for 2008
Moriah
Platinum Member

large building, unfamilar family, and babies

Post by Moriah »

I'm asking for some help on this dream and may God bless you for looking at it!

I was in a very large two story building. It looked like the large exhibit building we have in Springfield for the Illinois State Fair. I was on the upper floor with my dad. I knew all the people that were there were relatives of mine but I had never met them before. Not one face was familar except my dad and my husband and mom(they were in the dream later).

The people were neither friendly or mean. I remember having cousins and family members who were of all nationalities. As I begin to walk by these family members, it seemed that each square section like a fair has exhibits in, had a family with a baby. As I walked by, they just handed me their babies although they did not know me any better than I knew them. I took time with each one and cradled them in my arms. One baby that stood out was black but had age spots on both cheeks. ??? It was very "Ugly" for lack of a better word. I remember cradeling it in my arms and loving it regardless of how he looked. It was very small but older than a newborn. When I did, I rememember seeing how beautiful his eyes were. They were large and darker with beautiful long eye lashes. I guess you could say that it was ugly to look at but yet it was the most beautiful baby when you looked deep into his eyes!

Later on I remember my dad grabbing some chocolate cake off of an upper shelf to the back of the wall. He threw it out of onriness and hit someone. This started a cake food fight. Everyone was laughing and goofing off. I tried to enter into the fun but no matter how hard I tried to throw cake, my aim was exaggeratively off. If I aimed high, it went low, etc. I tried twice and realized I couldn't throw cake so I went back to the babies. People seemed to find it funny that I wouldn't continue with them.

Then I had a white baby boy(newborn) in my arms. I knew that the mother and father had left it and I needed to find them. In the dream, I kept calling their names although I couldn't remember them when I woke up. I remember their faces however(no one I know IRL). I stopped many of the family members to ask if they knew where they were. My husband went one way to look for the father and I went the other way to find the mother. I finally found her and she took her baby from me. She wasn't friendly at all but acted like it was owed to her that I took care of him.

Then I am walking with my mom and dad and we were going to leave to go to my son's reception. I was carrying another baby and I saw my daughter n law leaning towards the rail watching us. I knew that she wanted to be with us but I felt we were to keep walking by as if we didn't see her.??? I held the baby in my arms and paid attention to it. Then I let my family leave because I knew someone had to clean up the cake and I knew no one else from this extended family would if my dad and I both left. So I stayed to help clean up after everyone. I woke up
All that is within me will praise the Lord!
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Hi Moriah,
I believe this dream is about what is causing division in the body of Christ. There is a lot going on in the dream but here are somethings that I'm seeing. Those that have been given new believers to take care of from the Lord are not being responsible. They are infants. Infants that have suffered abondonment, rejection. They are damaged and have been made to feel like a burden, but God has hope for these little ones. I beleive that the Lord is calling you to take care of those new believers that He puts in your hands. To give them the love and attention that they need to survive.

Disregard if it doesn't witness.

Blessings,
Sheep
John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

Thank you Sheep! It seems that your ideas would definitely fit. There is still some areas I am not clear on yet. The part of having bad aim is sticking with me as I had a piece of a dream last night(all that I remember) which had to do with my aim and arms again. I am going to post it. The Lord is trying to show me something here I know. I felt like it both dreams that the throwing was bad for a good reason. May God bless you sheep for looking at this and helping me!!!
talitha

Post by talitha »

Moriah, I was having the same feeling - I'm printing off both dreams to look/pray over them......
bless you
tal
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

I'm just bumping this just in case someone might have more insight to add. I appreciate the help. Thanks and may God bless you!
talitha

Post by talitha »

ahh I was going to bump this today anyway..... :mrgreen:

When I was a kid, it was really popular, it seems, to make "humorous" cutting remarks, and even "better" to come up with a quick, juicy "come-back". I was terrible at this, especially the come-backs -they'd always come to mind muchchch later. So I was not a "cool" person. Looking back, it wasn't such a bad thing that I wasn't good at this. I feel that the cake-throwing scene was highlighting something like this. The word "levity" comes to mind - from yourdictionary.com: lightness or gaiety of disposition, conduct, or speech; esp., improper or unbecoming gaiety or flippancy; lack of seriousness; frivolity; giddiness; fickleness or instability.

I remember the Bible saying something about levity - I used the Revised Standard Version when I was growing up.....
Ephesians 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 3 But fornication and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is fitting among saints. 4 Let there be no filthiness, nor silly talk, nor levity (NASB has "course jesting", which are not fitting; but instead let there be thanksgiving.

Hmmmm before I get off of this part, I find it interesting what the Greek word translated "levity" above means:
2160 eutrapelia {yoo-trap-el-ee'-ah}
from a compound of 2095 and a derivative of the base of 5157
(meaning well-turned, i.e. ready at repartee, jocose);; n f
AV - jesting 1; 1
1) pleasantry, humour, facetiousness
2) in a bad sense
2a) scurrility, ribaldry, low jesting

When you said that you gave it up and went back to the babies, it reminded me of the saying, "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay under the porch" - well, that's how they saw it..... instead of trying to compete in what is obviously not right, at least not right for you, you stop and go to caring for babies.

The babies might possibly mean new or immature Christians - each with their own issues and each with their own peculiar families..... I think the families either indicate those with influence upon that person or just the church they belong to? It could also be that the babies represent people's responsibilities. I hope understanding comes to you on that - I'm just not getting more right now...... :roll:

Oh, one more thing, the beginning part with your extended "family" of all nationalities - I think this is showing that the dream is about more your position in the church at large than about your church in particular. Walkin ghrough all the "exhibits" might indicate your trying to choose a group to be accountable to.

blessings
tal
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

Thanks Tal! Some things really stood out to me after re-reading your post. When you said
"If you can't run with the big dogs, stay under the porch" - well, that's how they saw it..... instead of trying to compete in what is obviously not right, at least not right for you, you stop and go to caring for babies.
The word compete hit me right in the face! Oh I wish I could share everything happening right here but wow I just saw how I might apply this as I came here this morning and re-read. I think my dad in the first part of my dream represented those spiritual leaders that have gone before me that our indirectly tied to me never the less. They have tried to influence me that I should do this or do that and I kept feeling like I wasn't sizing up to their expectations. I had recently gave it over to the Lord and decided that I can't be what they think I should be. My ministry is not what they think it is and our vision is not what they think it should me. WOW! :shock:

I will boldly proclaim here that my office is not one of a pastor but I am walking in the ability(Gods ability) to fulfill this ministry for only a season! I've got to get the babies raised up-the ones that other churches and pastors have given up on or don't have time for and the ones that think that God could never use them. These are the ones that the Lord is going to make leaders out of!!! I don't expect some people to understand this but its making sense now. My place is not to contain them to our church but to get them eventually ready to go out. I just want to help them to see what the Lord sees in them. I want to take the time to love them and I honestly want to see them by pass us glorifying the Lord with their every breath!!! In this ministry, I am learning to and believing for things I've never believed for before. I'm in training also! God is so good to all of us. Some are older people who have never grown past the baby stage(age spots). Wow!!!

Thanks so much Tal-you helped greatly on this!!! I don't need to throw cake! May God bless you!
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

the one baby made me think of a biracial baby how sometimes because of the genetic makeup they have spots. My friend has a little neice that has those type of spots which made me think of the children that don't really belong because each side has shunned them but praise God , He takes and loves us all no matter what the world says.

if doesn't fit it you know what to do :mrgreen: blessed me thinking about the little one thanks for posting,
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
Moriah
Platinum Member

Post by Moriah »

Thanks Neveah, I never thought of this. This could have big spiritual implications. Hmmmm. Thanks and may God bless you!

I will so be back praying about this. I have such a desire to understand the fullness of this!!! I feel I'm only seeing some of it.