Renovation

Archives for 2013
Servantleader
Gold Member

Renovation

Post by Servantleader »

Dreamt that I moved to an apartment in the city to attend school. The building was old, but my place was ok, albeit, it was very small. I think the bedroom seemed to double for a classroom.

I settled in; met people. I lived on the same floor as the apt. manager which was the second floor. I saw the ground floor with its patios with short 3' ledges (guestimating).

Went away I guess, for a short time, and when I got back to my apt., it looked like it was in a different location. It was now located in one of three large stone 3-story type apt buildings. However, the inside of my apartment was such a surprise! It was horrible!!! It was dilapidated due to it being abandoned, I think. The ceiling and walls were peeling and coming apart. There were large black bugs hanging off the walls and ceilings. One bit me on my left leg and left a 1-2 inch red place.

So I go to the apt. manager who is a totally different person than the one that I met originally. She explained that all of the apartments were under renovation at that time, and if I liked, I could stay in another apartment in another one of their complexes. I did not like.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Servantleader, I view the school symbol as you learning something new or being refreshed in something. The movement to the apartment spoke to me as you are going in a new direction or path. The apartment itself spoke as a time of transition and a time in which you may experience lack of freedom/independence.. There may be obligations/responsibilities you may have to be mindful of and consideration of others wishes you may have to take into consideration. I have previously learned from a teaching on dreams that the second floor of a building can be symbolic of second heaven. Second heaven is where spiritual warfare goes on and where the devil and his minions runs rampant. So I view you being there as you being in battle and you are being forewarned to have on your armor.
You coming back to the same apartment but it looking different brings to mind the story of Legion. What comes to me is when a demon/spirit leaves and comes back to find things in order. It will bring back help to attempt to do further destruction. Perhaps the apartment in this case may symbolize a mindset or perspective that you are not feeling or want no parts of. It appears that you getting “bitten by the bug”; nevertheless, you shake it off and let it be known that you are not feeling it. Once again, toss if miss the mark!
Servantleader
Gold Member

Post by Servantleader »

Ping!!! Once again Newbie on target! Thank you!
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

One possibility is that the setting represents your mind. Living in a small space (apt) of the greater whole (building), and then a part of that small space is a classroom used for learning. It seems internally consistent. It later warns how even when the outer appearance looks better, the inner life of the mind can still be 'horrible'.

Rom 12:2 says, be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind....Another word for renewing there, is renovation. :!:

And then, at the very end, is the invitation to realization: the "I" that "don't like it" is the little I-self that is "pretending to die" in your other dream.

Take with a grain of salt. :)
Servantleader
Gold Member

Post by Servantleader »

Wow AJ...