Raising a young man from the dead

Archives for 2013
Charys
Diamond Member

Raising a young man from the dead

Post by Charys »

This dream feels important. I was aware of a struggle around me last night and it seemed like so many things conspired to keep me awake. I finally fell asleep and had the dream toward morning.

I was in the room which was the teens Sunday School classroom before the new renovations done to our church building. The walls were made of cedar logs. The body of a young man (in mid-twenties) was lying on a couch. (I don't know him very well irl other than chatting with him a couple of times and helping him interpret his dream once. He loves the Lord and seems like a very pleasant, kind guy willing to take risks to Know Jesus better.)

In the dream I knew that he had passed away and that I had kept his body there for 24 hours -or nearly 24 hours. I knew that he was dead, yet his colour was good, and his body was neither cold nor stiff. No one else seemed to be aware of his passing and I felt the time had come for me to inform his parents and friends. My emotions were calm and although I was sad I was not unduly upset -not like I know I would be if someone, and especially someone so young, I knew had just died.

There were other people in the church building. I saw the pastor and a couple of others working in the kitchen, but they seemed to be unaware of my presence.

Before I phoned anyone I decided to pray for him one more time. I put my hand on his chest and commanded gently, "Brian, rise."

He opened his eyes and sat up. Suddenly there were other young people in the room crowding in to see what was happening. They didn't seem to know how to react. There were two men in their mid-thirties in the group who who stood out. They were both students of mine 20 years ago who once had great zeal for a close relationship with God and showed enormous potential as spiritual leaders, but who are currently living lives influenced by disappointment. In the dream both of them were amazed and very joyful and welcomed the newly risen Brian to their brotherhood of those who had encounters with the living Jesus Christ.

end of dream
...that I might know Him...
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Dear Charys, Greetings! :)

I am not sure about the meaning, but feeling it may be symbolic for something else (perhaps not really about the actual young man) which may involve the church, and/or the Body of Christ.

What are the differences of the church in the dream and in reality? Also, perhaps some of the other characters of this young man that may stick out can help understand better. Was there anything that stood out about the young man AFTER he rose up?

I looked up the meaning of the name "Brian" and notice it can mean, an/or has derivatives of the meaning; noble, strong, virtuous, hill. It is interesting what Wikipedia says "possible that the name is derived from an Old Celtic word meaning "high" or "noble". For example the element bre means "hill"; which could be transferred to mean "eminence" or "exalted one".

It could also be symbolic of a new rising of nobility. Rather than "dead" the short period may have been "idle" time through a transition.

A very interesting dream Charys that probably has a greater meaning and I will pray and meditate it a bit more and come back if I can offer anything. It is certainly a dream worthy of prayer!! I would also pray that whatever the man represents that he brings the Glory of God, and bless His people!

Hope this may help, even if just a very small way. Just toss anything that does not witness. And, God bless you and your family! :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thanks, Annette.That does help me to get thinking and praying. It's been a crazy day with getting my husband's mother in the cardiac icu in another city, so forgive me if I don't respond right away. I will get there.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Charys,

I dont have an interpretation, but some words or thoughts came to my mind.

Preseverance of the Saints.

The room reminds me of a cedar hope chest.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Dear Charys,

You take your time... I will never be offended by any delayed posting and will know there is a reason for it and/or you do not have time to respond, etc. and I completely understand. I hope the same will be applied to any of my delays in responding. :)

I am praying for the situation with your family here. May He intervene here and cause everything to go smoothly and He be extra strong in you and your family's presense bringing comfort, peace and plenty of strength.

Lord, bless this family mightily!
With love in Christ,
Annette

Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

In search of the name meaning of Brian, I found..... very strong, strong one, high, noble.

May the Lord strengthen you, and may the one in ICU "rise."

I see you showing demonstration and power in the dream.

1 Corin 2
2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. 3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Blessings,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Here's a few more inspirations.....:)

John 12
32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” 33 This He said, signifying by what death He would die.

34 The people answered Him, “We have heard from the law that the Christ remains forever; and how can You say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this Son of Man?”

35 Then Jesus said to them, “A little while longer the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you; he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going. 36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” These things Jesus spoke, and departed, and was hidden from them.

Who Has Believed Our Report?

37 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke:

“Lord, who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”

Ephesians 1:17-20
Heavenly Father of glory, I ask you to give me/us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You, that the eyes of our understanding would be enlightened; that we may know what is the hope of Your calling, and what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of Your power toward us who believe, according to the working of Your mighty power which You worked in Christ when You raised Him from the dead and seated Him at Your right hand. Thankyou Father, in Jesus name. amen.

LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Wow I found this on the front page of Godtube.....

You Raise Me UP
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WKLYYWNX

This is a beautiful sight!!
Last edited by LadyinChrist on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Bingo! (Is that a spiritual term?)

Thank you. The clues are coming together.

I read something this morning that bugged me all day. Really really bugged me. I wanted to post something witty, but nasty in return, but I realized I would succumb to the same spirit if I did. The irritation I felt was out of proportion to the article a friend posted, but it wouldn't go away until I asked the Lord what that was all about.

The article was taking a swipe at other believers' difference in styles and priorities, placing some people in a higher echelon of "being right" and therefore more in favour with God. It was supposedly meant to be a joke, but was at someone else's expense. I realized that so many discouraged young men are sick to death of being told what they are doing it wrong -often by their own mentors who have actually become competitors with their students. After a while these young people with so much potential become discouraged and drop out, having been put down and criticized so often.

I think this is the message of the dream:
Speaking the truth in love is about raising people up, not putting them down.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

I realized that so many discouraged young men are sick to death of being told what they are doing it wrong -often by their own mentors who have actually become competitors with their students. After a while these young people with so much potential become discouraged and drop out, having been put down and criticized so often.

Oh my Charys, these were some of the very things I have been thinking of the past 2 days. Competition in church can be such a turn off!! I saw so much of that in the last church I attended. I went back there for a coffee house on Sat. It's been 1 1/2 yrs since I attended, but the coffee house is for the community, not just members. I was told most of the men left the church. How sad is that. Can't bring that worldly stuff into the church and expect it to thrive/live. The coffee house worship was mostly christian rock (not really my style), with a mix of mellow, but I could appreciate the presence of God with the young group, and appreciate thier love for the Lord. The time they take away from family to be on the road ministering is a huge blessing to every city they go to. Every church has it's different styles, young people like their worship, old people like thier hymns. How we worship and how we serve the Lord are an individual and personal thing.
It's not a one size fits all. We each are important, and need each others encouragement. Esteem others more than ourselves.

If anything I hope the church has learned this VITAL lesson the past few years, and I believe there is going to be and now is a change. This is the year for revival, and restoration for the church. May His love, blessing and gifts flow to all!!

Praying.....
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Charys wrote: I think this is the message of the dream:
Speaking the truth in love is about raising people up, not putting them down.
What a worthy message! I do know what you mean about it bothering you... I too have to pray at times for His help not to allow the enemy to be glorified by spreading his work. ;) The enemy is always looking for an opportunity to rear its ugly head, even through the Lord's people! I remind myself, that they need grace just like I do and if I receive it, I need to also give it. Weight is lifted of us, being filled with peace when we can shake off any offense that comes from the enemy.

It is rewarding to "rise" above it and especially if we can help others rise up and above as well. The fact you put your hand on his chest makes me think of your touching his heart and bringing it to life with the love of Christ. Instead of giving up, you decided to intervene one more time.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

The "breastplate" (chest) is symbolic for righteousness. The righteousness of Christ gives us the power to rise above.

Speaking of ... how is the mother in law doing?? Bless you!
With love in Christ,
Annette

Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Thanks, Annette. I really need to remember that it is so easy to be sucked in by the very spirit we oppose. Sometimes I forget that critical people do not know love and acceptance themselves. You can't give what you have never received. It is so easy to be critical of the critical and perpetuate the cycle. How do we break it?

Mom-in-law has been moved out of intensive care because she seems to be more stable. Her angiogram has been bumped off the schedule twice now because other people's problems are more urgent, but she is getting a thorough going over and assessment to see if she can still live independently. Prognosis is pretty good for an 88 year old. Thanks for asking!
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Charys wrote:Thanks, Annette. I really need to remember that it is so easy to be sucked in by the very spirit we oppose. Sometimes I forget that critical people do not know love and acceptance themselves. You can't give what you have never received. It is so easy to be critical of the critical and perpetuate the cycle. How do we break it?
!
It is true, I know what you mean, it is easy to get sucked into the same spirit if we are not careful. Hopefully, we can make differences in the world by being the example of Christ to others and hoping they get sucked into His spirit as well. Keep praying for them, and others will come along and and pray for them. You know, I have found it helpful when I am tempted, instead to just look to Him, upwards instead of outward and just toss it off... not always easy but it is very rewarding and makes life a bit easier. It seems all about learning to wear the armor of Ephesians 6 well... and keeping our focus in the right place so that we do not get distracted by the flesh and actions of man.

Like in your dream; using God-given power to help others rise up and above, death by the flesh. Each time we conquer and overcome our challenges in Him it becomes just a bit easier to sumbit to Him instead of giving into the flesh. You have so much to offer others and of course the enemy would love to steal your joy in the Lord. Keep using your kind heart for His Glory. :)

Sounds like your MIL is a very strong woman. And she is fortunate and blessed to have you!

Have a wonderful and blessed day in Him!

Colossians 3:3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
With love in Christ,
Annette