Borrowing jewellery on wedding day

Archived Dreams from 2014
cissy

Borrowing jewellery on wedding day

Post by cissy »

Happy new year wishes to you all,

I dreamt that it was my wedding day. I was all dressed up but then i saw myself borrowing jewellery from a friend. I remember someone called me asking for payment for the chicken feeds she had loaned me (i dont know how this issue connects to the wedding) and i told her to wait till after the wedding. Generally the whole wedding was not going as expected. The visitors came late. I dont remember seeing my husband. I was anxious wondering who to turn to.

Regards
Cissy
Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom cissy and Happy New Year to you too!!

Just wondering, are you entering/beginning anything new--ie business oppty, contract etc?
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
cissy

Post by cissy »

No. Well i have been praying to get married for some time now
Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Oh okay! The reason I asked was because sometimes dreams can be literal (ie this being about a wedding) or symbolic. In my understanding, weddings can be symbolic of covenant which can also represents entering into a contract or joining together with someone for a purpose such as business. There may be many other meanings as well.

My initial thought upon reading your dream was basically the feelings you mentioned in your dream: things were not proceeding as you expected it to, that this was making you anxious and that you needed some direction regarding what to do. Hearing you say that you have been praying to get married for some time now then makes me think that the dream was a reflection of what you are feeling inwardly?

If that's true, I just want to encourage you that God IS faithful and He loves when we seek Him and trust Him to bring that One He has set apart for us! . Sometimes it may seem hard, but always remember that He works with our faith and as we trust Him to work on our behalf, it gives Him the authority to order every step we take so that we not only fulfill His plan but enjoy all the wonderful surprises and blessings He has in store for us along the way!

The Word says that if we ask anything according to His Word that He hears us and if He hears us, then we know that we have the petitions we ask of Him. Marriage is a covenant He created so if you have that desire, then He hears that prayer and He WILL answer it! I remember when I was still in college, I wrote out a list of the things I desired in a husband and then told the Lord, whatever you need to change so that my desire is in line with Your Perfect plan, I give you the right to change. It was eight years before that "seemingly" impossible prayer was answered. And the funny thing was, when I did get married, my aunt reminded me "Don't you remember that you always said you didn't want to get married until you were 30?"

Well, first I forgot that little fact! Funny how when you start feeling pressured by the biological clock and the words of others, you kinda forget what you had told God! I wanted to finish school and fulfill all my traveling and career goals before I had children and I did EXACTLY that! Also, God met every desire on my list; the only one He didn't (which I gave Him the right to do when I made the list initially) was regarding the nationality of my husband. Because of some hardships I had faced as a child with my dad, I kinda lumped all culturally similar men into that category. God is SO wise though because in my heart I wanted to marry someone who would love and fit into my culture as much as I did, and I knew then that he would have to be of a similar background. I KNEW it in my heart but I didn't realize it was Holy Spirit beginning to re-work that desire in my heart.

So just to encourage you, it may seem like it's taking forever but if you will trust Him to order your steps and care for every detail, He will work it all out for your good. Adding my prayers to yours that Father God will bring to you the perfect One He has set apart for you and that you will rest in peace knowing that He is working on your behalf! Shalom!
***More To Come***

and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Farang

Post by Farang »

God will provide; you don't need to borrow the jewelry for your wedding. i think that means be careful about rushing to marry; you will know when the man who is to be your husband is with you. You may be tempted to go for not the thing you really own.
cissy

Post by cissy »

Thanks Keilani for the encouragement,
Actually it has taken sometime while praying for this issue. You know with all the pressure from friends and family. But you said you married before 30. Am making 30 this year but am positive that God will do something soon. I don't think he really wants me to remain single, i know he wants the best for me but to be honest i dont know what to think right now. There is no prayer i have not prayed. it makes me feel like he's just not hearing.
Farang

Post by Farang »

Cissy-

Unless God calls to celibacy we are called to marry. And have children, if possible- at least by adopting.

I have prayed for many to find a spouse. Most are now married. Several were already well into 30s.

Maybe you need to stop trying so hard?

I share with a compassionate, mother heart. I rushed ( not yet a believer ). God has been faithful in saving both of us in our 30s, and sustaining us as well...but there HAVE been shaky times. I do not believe in divorce- and neither of us come from broken homes. At times the only thing that kept me going was my faith in a sovereign God- but I must tell you that if I had known The Lord I likely wouldn't have married him.

Recently, a dear friend rushed. They lived together for two yrs and just married a week ago. During the engagement , at times they didn't talk. But both were bent on going through it. Unresolved are a number of issues. Both have children from another partner; and the new wife forbids my friend from having contact...etc...

But when the guy, my friend, and a new believer moved in with her in the fall of 2011, I told him, "to honor God you must marry".

Anyhow, lots of words.

I will pray for you!

Love,

Karen
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Well actually I got married a month after I turned 30 :) And I only clarify because now looking back, when I thought God wasn't listening, He was all the time! Sometimes you have to look back years later and then you can see what He was doing behind the scenes. Praying He will continue to prepare you and the One He has set apart for you for His glory and that He will reveal Him SOON:)

Shalom!

p.s.
Oh, I had to say that often when I would ask God where my husband was, I would hear "he's right around the corner." Now you can imagine when you're waiting and you hear the same thing, it really does cause you to walk out in patience whether you want to or not. But after dh and I got married, (he lived like 5 miles away from me so not technically around the corner) he told me that he passed by our house often because he would hang out in the area nearby. Be encouraged, I am sure many here are adding their prayers as well whether or not you know it!
***More To Come***

underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Keilani is right. Take heart, and be of good cheer. Our loving and faithful Father is working and putting things together right now for you both.

You do want the best possible mate who is fully prepared for you, and this mate may still have things to do or learn yet, in order to be a really good husband and father ...and, maybe you yourself still have growing and stretching to do, in order to be a better wife and mother. A husband and family is a wonderful gift, but the Lord must come first and is the only one that can fill your heart to the fullest. Our faith, love for Him, and trust in Him comes first and needs to grow deep in order to meet the high demands of a marriage and parenthood. Those relationships are all "very" challenging, to say the least, and they require deep sacrificial love, compromise, strong faith, and trust.

He knows all of your hopes and "always" hears you, and He waits patiently for your faith to rise up to such a level that your confidence in Him becomes full blown, and your grateful praises flow forth from your honest heart that knows without a doubt that He is, right now, sending the mate and family that has not yet been revealed.

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see".
cissy

Post by cissy »

Thank you Keilani, Karen and underhiswing. May God bless you abundantly

Cissy