tightrope

Archived Dreams from 2014
charlie
Diamond Member

tightrope

Post by charlie »

Folks...any thoughts on what a tightrope might symbolise...sounds an obvious one I know...but sometimes someone comes up with an angle I don't consider which is helpful...also, does anyone know how you actually come down off a tightrope if you don't get to the end?

Thanks
shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Hi Charlie,

The phrase to "walk a tight rope" means to tread a higher way (as the rope is elevated)...and to tread very cautiously and carefully in a very narrow/limited pathway, or you could get hurt (symbolized by a potential fall below).
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hello charlie :) Haven't been here in a while, and here is hoping you are well. Not sure what your dream was, sounds interesting as tightrope walkers must be!

Tightropes are meant to be traversed by the capable!

When I think of someone walking a tightrope I think of someone skilled brave and full of grace.
It is a rare person who steps out on such dangerous heights, not to look down or test God, but get to the other side with everything they have learned and know with a aplomb (confidence and assurance).
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

To get off from a way other than at the end.of the rope, they usually let themselves fall down unto the bouncey net below, or do a practised jump off. Hope that helps?
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Thanks folks! As ever...new angles to consider...interesting!

I'll go ahead and post the dream and see how it looks in context...welcome any thoughts.

(Piano...I'm not around myself as much sadly...always good to touch base)
Shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Charlie,

I remember reading your dream, but something I also thought about was that tightrope walkers don't look down, but forward to their goal.

Try this experiment.

Fill a cup nearly to the top with water. Walk from point A to B while looking at the cup in order for it not to spill.

Then do the same thing looking forward instead of down.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

HI Piano...tried it ((either way it didn't spill)) but I take your point...

I think in the dream the looking down was not a problem in that I didn't lose balance (strangely!) but I was surprised...it was more to do I think with negotiating a transition of perspective...sometimes looking down on something we see things in a different way...we lose sight of the little details which may have beocme overly consuming and see the whole picture...it takes skill and practise to be able to do this IRL (well for me it does anyways) so maybe there's the connection...

shalom
charlie
Charlie
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

It could also mean you're making a spectacle of yourself in public, wearing colorful tights and a muscle shirt.

In the spotlight while you're traversing that narrow pathway with skill. (As above.) Overly stressed.