Uncertain Substitute Teacher dream

Archived Dreams from 2014
batndwn

Uncertain Substitute Teacher dream

Post by batndwn »

This past New Year's we went to Kansas City to One Thing. Awesome time! We got to KC the night before and checked into our hotel. I dreamed the following:

I was a substitute teacher in an elementary education class. Students were perhaps 7-10 years old. They were pretty squirrely, and I had set up a system where I would work with a small group at each table. Kids had "partners" at their table.

One little dark-haired girl wouldn't settle down; she came over to the table I was working at and sat down next to me. I told her several times that she needed to go sit with her partner at her table, and that I would go meet with them when it was their turn. She did not respond to me even though I said her name, "Zay-een" several times she just sat there and looked down at the table top. Fighting rising annoyance, I finally got up, gathered her up into my arms and carried her over to her own table. As I walked with her I said quietly but firmly, "Zay-een, I need you to sit at your own table. I am only a substitute teacher, so I don't know all the usual protocols and procedures for your class; I don't even know all the students' names. So you need to sit with your partner at your table so that I can keep everything straight. Then I sat her down at her table.

The dream morphed into a different scenario then, but I don't remember what it was.

In the morning when I woke up, I was awake before the other people in my room. so I picked up my phone and opened up to where I had been reading the night before in Ps. 119. Unbeknownst to me, the next letter of the alef-bet in the Psalm was the letter Zayin. I have been trying to figure out what God might have been trying to say to me through this dream ever since; have asked a couple people but no one seems to really know. But that does seem significant.

I am a singer-songwriter, and verse 54 says "Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning."

Also, I love verses 49-50: "Remember your word to your servant in which you have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life."

And finally, I highlighted verse 56, the last in the section: "This blessing has fallen to me, that I have kept your precepts."
Beth Hatch
True North Training