Archived Dreams from 2014
Joshua

Army Base attacked by Demons

Post by Joshua »

in my dream these messed up men and creatures attacked an Army Base i was on

i saw an old friend named Jake (Jacob) there, he seemed less afraid

i wasn't in a fighting mood though considering how intimidating the enemy was

there GIANTS too with large swords i believe

it felt hopeless and i just kept trying to bar myself in door after door, room after room inside the base

at some point though i saw other people (Soldiers...?) gathered around a tv screen and they talking about how it was somehow going to be okay

i almost sensed like i was having a dream within a dream
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

Easier on military budgets.

Giants are turning into a big trending theme these days. The upcoming and recent-past movies are full of them.
i just kept trying to bar myself in door after door, room after room inside the base
What an interesting visual! It is like cyclical thinking, where we keep trying the same thing but not getting fully effective results.

Or like a game.
Dream within a dream -- those always seem so significant. But then a game can be that way too, or a book or movie.

The hopeless stance is important to deal with, because God has taught us to take on a stance of being His representatives, His children, His servants and soldiers. We have authority because we are His. We wear His crest.

That is a hard stance to remind ourselves to take, but it's so critical to survival.

Have you looked up the word Jake/Jacob?

Strong's, Brown-Driver-Briggs' Definitions:

Jacob = "heel holder" or "supplanter" From H6117; heel catcher
son of Isaac, grandson of Abraham, and father of the 12 patriarchs of the tribes of Israel

The root H6117 ‛âqab (Hm like the gulf of Aqaba swelling? I can't help but notice the two gulfs are like a pair...comparing brothers Jacob and Esau)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Aqaba

A primitive root; properly to swell out or up; used only as denominative from H6119, to seize by the heel; figuratively to circumvent (as if tripping up the heels); also to restrain (as if holding by the heel): - take by the heel, stay, supplant, X utterly.

to supplant, circumvent, take by the heel, follow at the heel, assail insidiously, overreach

(Qal) to supplant, overreach, attack at the heel
(Piel) to hold back

Genesis 27:36
Then he said, "Is he not rightly named * Jacob, for he has supplanted me these two times He took away my birthright, and behold, now he has taken away my blessing."
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

i thought this dream might have meaning because of the Jake symbol

i wasn't thinking about him when i went to sleep

this was yesterday morning and yesterday i ended up having a fairly aggrivating day with my dad

don't know if there's a connection

my dad has some weird behaviors that rub me the wrong way

not that it matters though, i always end up "losing" the argument because it's HIS house...this i know