Missouri, the night of clouds, Finnish and French.

Archived Dreams from 2014
rarara
Gold Member

Missouri, the night of clouds, Finnish and French.

Post by rarara »

I was in a city which felt like Auckland, it had the same lay out too but it was much older, the buildings were all stone like a European city.

I was trying to discover something but I don’t know what. I went into a public building like a courthouse or a government building of some sort.

Next I am sitting in a travel lounge, it could have been an airport.
There were a few people around me.

I saw a woman about my age with a little boy. She was dressed in rock chick clothes with short blond hair and a grey bandana. She was chatting to a couple of guys but they couldn’t understand her. She laughed and looked over at me. I said “You’re Finnish?” She said “Yes that’s right’ Do you speak Finnish?”

I said “Onko lamppusi sammunut?” She just ignored me. I wanted to tell her that that was all the Finnish I knew which IRL is true. And that Janne Pykala had written in in my old Bible as a farewell many years ago.

Onko lamppusi sammunut means Is your fire/lamp still burning?

I sat down quite abruptly and bumped an older gentleman who had also just sat down.

I apologised and he seemed OK.
I asked him where he was going.
He said Missouri.
I said Oh Is that the place of Laura Ingalls? Or was that Minnesota?
He said It is the place.

I sat and imagined what kind of holiday it would be. What would they do? Walk through miles of corn fields?

Next I find myself in a field which is a car park out in the middle of nowhere and someone is telling me that I am in Missouri.

They say that there is no crime in the town because the people are very strict and anyone who does anything wrong is dealt with straight away.

I think to myself I’ve got to go to this place and see what it’s like.

I shut the boot of my car leaving it unlocked, and as I walk away I wonder if that’s wise, my iphone is in the car but I leave it anyway.

All around me is a flat area of grass, very, very short like it has been carefully mowed.

I walk along and find some people again.
I hear them talking in French. One of the guys says “dimanche” Tuesday.
The Finnish girl is there too. She is flirting with one of the men. She speaks to me and says that she is trying to arrange something for herself and a place to stay.

I think that I don’t want to hang around here so I walk back.

On the way back I see people lying on the ground as if they are camping out under the stars for the night. No tent.

Again I see how short the grass is and on my left is a hill but it is like very rounded like a mound and has the same short grass to all the way to the top.

I go up to one of the campers. An older man is there lying under a massive red/ orange waterproof sheet with a sleeping bag etc. He is an American actor but I don’t know his name. Not an A- lister but one of those guys who crops up in all those president/ CIA films.

I ask him why is he camping out? He says “in Missouri we don’t get many clouds. This is the night of clouds so I’m here to see it.”

I think how weird is that?

Suddenly I say” I’m all on my own you know.”

He smiles but has an ulterior motive. I think,” Oh dear, he is not pure”

I say, “No, I just need a hug.” “Can’t you just be a Father?”

His face changes and he suddenly becomes serious and he sits up and puts his arms round me from behind and holds me very tight.

I feel strength coming into me and start to cry. A man comes past and he too thinks the wrong thing but when he sees me crying he seems to understand.
EOD
rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

Mes amis,

'Pardon my French!'

Dimanche is Sunday not Tuesday.