Same dream as another person

Archived Dreams from 2014
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Same dream as another person

Post by BlueDreamer »

I had a dream where someone told me they had the same dream I had a couple months before and explained what it meant. What do you think that means? Is it confirmation of my dream?

I know that if someone else has the same dream as you that it's confirmation but if you have a dream where another person tells you this, what does that mean? Is it a dream or a vision? Is it still confirmation?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

What a complicated question... I Think I understand...

In your dream the person is telling you their dream was the same as your dream is and then they are telling you what the interpretation was. To me this means that you are being given direction or being taught from past experience aka wisdom. Btw this is one of the same principals this website works on as well. For example, when I have a dream I know from the symbology in it based on past dreams and what their interpretation was what the Lord is trying to say to me in the current dream. So conformation yes but I would say conformation based on past experience or wisdom. Just some thoughts... Hope this helps some.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

What do you an past experience?

OK I'm saying for example if I had a dream about a cat chasing a mouse and interpreted as a waste of time. Then a couple months later I have a dream about someone telling me they had a dream about a cat chasing a mouse and interpreted it as a waste of time.

This is not my dream but just explaining what I meant as well as I could.

Could it be a confirmation of my interpretation of the dream and God telling be to pay attention and believe in my interpretation as true?
Tic
Silver Member

Post by Tic »

Daniel 8
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

I don't know what you mean by Daniel 8. Obviously his was confirmed but how do I use that to understand my dream?
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Just take it that your dream is confirmed.

As for working out the meaning of your dream, I have found it useful to "rewrite" the dream by summarising it and rewording it.

And if that hasn't helped, it could be because there's a specific meaning and God will bring you the answer as you go about your daily business.

I once had a dream where the setting was a hot and dry place within a certain location. I later came across a scripture that described it perfectly and explained WHY the location looked like that.

So summarise / reword / wait for God to show you meanings through other circumstances.