Dreams and destiny

Archived Dreams from 2014
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Dreams and destiny

Post by BlueDreamer »

do you think that the Lord can change the outcome of the prophetic dreams He's given? that if something doesn't go how He says it's going to happen through a dream that He allows something else?

i'm confused about His word through dreams and the destiny He has for us.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

I think prophetic dreams line up with the bible and will come to pass.

Unless the dream was more like a warning or teaching dream. . . then as it unfolds the outcome may be more than in the dream. I think in that case the dream was given so that you can look back and learn too. Or it was given for intercessory prayer.

God's destiny for us. . .he will finish the good work he begins in us.
I don't think we can mess it up - I think we have to rely on him to get us there. At least that's what I'm counting on!
Jesus is the Saviour
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

DELETED
Last edited by bella on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

At the time wasn't bible prophecy subjective, too, then? How is that any different? Prophecy is prophecy. It's a word from God.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

DELETED
Last edited by bella on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope in Christ
Gold Member

Post by Hope in Christ »

Prehaps try reading the book of 2nd Peter. The spirit of prophecy is Jesus Christ. God has given all mankind a free will as it points out in this book of scripture.
Blessings
Hope in Christ
Gold Member

Post by Hope in Christ »

1st Corintians 13 and 14 specifically 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churchs of the saints.
Then if you would like please read the entire book of 1st John it speaks of what is important to the heart of God.
Gods richest Blessings to yor home
allforHim
Gold Member

Post by allforHim »

What he speaks now in dreams is the same in spirit thru all time, even to generations past of old testament. He does not change. So then, one must step back and look at the dream. 1-is it of flesh appearing "godly"? any end result may or may not happen...a pizza dream if-you-please; or 2- from God? If so then lets dissect and apply reason with Wisdom: a- What is the premise of the dream? b- is it conditional as a warning for you? c-is it conditional as a promise for you? d- or is it for someone else? ...any of which the "outcome" may change due to your direct interaction pertaining to the dream?

Reference your type of dream. Look up scriptures where individuals were given dreams. Joseph: dream about his brothers. It was for him to see what would come to pass regardless what he did in life. And It came to pass. Joseph even interpreted dreams for the pharaoh who then intern gave Joseph the high position and honor. He also interpreted the dreams of the cup-bearer and bread maker in the jail with him. Take note on these dreams: they were in 2's. Duplicate. Not necessarily a copy, but a sure thing, a reinforcement of things to come to pass. Joseph had 2 dreams in adolescence. He interpreted 2 people who had a dream same time, both people from the King's/Pharoahs presence. The pharaoh had 2 dreams. ALL came to pass.

Jacob had his ladder dream accompanied by a prophetic word from the Lord (2x again here).

Other times, visions, or "day-dream" can be singular for teaching moments for either the dreamer or person/nation. If the latter, it is for the prayer support from the dreamer and potentially for reproof, warning, or lifting up of the other person/nation the dream refers. This is conditional. The Lord, by his Holy Spirit wants you to fulfill your role of praying for other saints and lift them up.

See Peter when praying on the roof and he saw unfold before him all the animals of which were considered unclean and told to take and eat. Now this was a "warning" for him...RATHER a teaching, that which the Lord calls good, he should take and consume it, not turn it away. The gentiles were entitled to salvation, too (the unclean animals) now thru Christ Jesus' work no the cross. It was a teaching dream and conditional. If Peter obeyed, gentiles would be saved thru his spreading the Gospel. If not, then God would use someone else and peter would presumably have to go through the guilty feelings again, repentance, etc. He was being given the chance to "feed my sheep" in a whole new light!

From scripture advising us that if a prophetic word comes to pass (I believe dreams and visions are prophetic words for first the dreamer then apply to others if it does not apply to self), then it is from the Lord, if it does not, it is not from the Lord.

Can the Lord change his mind or the outcome of the dream or vision? For Him to do that would be to call him a liar. God can not lie. He is not the father of lies. However, Can we hamper the coming to pass of dreams and visions? sure. With doubt, fear, misunderstanding, assumptions, self-reliance, etc.

Can He choose to use another vessel if we are unwilling? sure, but again, it depends if He has shown you, the dreamer in no uncertain terms that it will come to pass with your involvement or not. He is a Good God who tells it to you as it is so there is no guessing. He may hold back the entire picture for His timing-sake and for your sake, but He never makes mistakes in His Word, thru His Word, from His Word, etc., whether written as in scripture or current thru prophetic words which is from the Perfect Gift of the Holy Spirit.

I pray I have not added to any misery of understanding how Big Our God is in His Awesomeness of dreams, visions, prophetic words, etc. with ALL the gifts He gives us. BUT, pray for His wisdom to understand these "mysteries" which He gladly reveals to you. amen.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

I love what a beloved Pastor often says: No one can stop me BUT me.

Jesus said anything is possible with God, but we each have been given the choice to agree with His Word or not...and this is where I think many get hung up. Twelve spies were sent into the Promised Land; ten said it was impossible and two stood on His Promise. That choice led to the death of a generation of unbelievers who never saw His Word come to pass. The two faithful men, however, not only saw His Promise come to pass but led the next generation into the Perfect Will of God. Unbelief can hinder His work (Matt 13:58 ) and delay does not mean denial.

I think Joseph's life is a good example of your question. I'm learning that the process Joseph went through was the preparation necessary for his character (the hidden person of the heart) to be transformed. God had every intention of bringing the dreams He gave to Joseph to pass, but He often has to crucify our flesh in the crucible of time and circumstance so that He is left with a vessel that is full of Him alone.

Praying Holy Spirit gives you the understanding and answers you seek!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
allforHim
Gold Member

Post by allforHim »

I love what you wrote keilani "...doubt...cause delay...but not denial".

But the simple truth is for Joseph, no. God's prophetic dream to Joseph over and over was that this great thing would happen to him. And just like you said, it was a long-coming process that he endured to become mature for the position he would be in, not only as second in command, but mature in his dealings with his family for reconciliation. :)

And even tho the 10 of 12 spies doubted, shrank back and did not enter, the prophetic word still stood it's ground. The people did enter. What generation? The generation that fulfilled (obeyed) to activate His word to fulfillment.

But I should clarify that I was truly saying is that a prophetic dream is one that will come to pass. A prophetic dream for a warning nature will come to pass one way or possibly another because it is conditional, either for the better or worse.

I hope I didn't add confusion and apologize of my words were (are) not clearer. :/
Hope in Christ
Gold Member

Post by Hope in Christ »

Beautiful clarity :D