Giant Grasshopper

Archived Dreams from 2014
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Giant Grasshopper

Post by Robert2.0 »

I was at what I think was a football practice field. I walked to one end for some reason which was a parking lot. There was this giant grasshopper standing there beside a utility trailer. There was no car or truck there to tow the trailer. This grasshopper was the size of a man and it left a sense malevolence with me. So I started running and I ran at a superhuman speed and left this grasshopper which was chasing me. I saw some people ahead as I was running and I felt that I was going to bump into them. They were trying to get to some stairs and I decided to go up the stairs with them instead of continuing on to the next set of stairs. I got to the top and a few seconds later the giant grasshopper shows up. My dream ends there.
Mary Cherry
Gold Member

Post by Mary Cherry »

Hello Robert 2.0,
How are you associated with "football"?
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Post by Robert2.0 »

I used to play in college a long time ago. My son plays little league now.
Mary Cherry
Gold Member

Post by Mary Cherry »

Hello again, Robert 2.0,
I am a huge fan of football. Grew up with football (My Dad loved it!)My son plays arena football and my grandson plays recreation football. So have been around the game for a while. Have you or your son seen the movie "Bugs Life"? This is helping with my interp.
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Post by Robert2.0 »

My son has but I haven't. This is my sons first year playing. He was discouraged at first but he's excited now and doing well.
Mary Cherry
Gold Member

Post by Mary Cherry »

In the movie, there is a army of "Grasshoppers" that come to the community of bugs and intimidate them to do all the work (gathering the food) then they come and enjoy the spoils. The lead grasshopper was the voice of "James Woods" and boy was he mean! I thought of this when reading your dream over, over and over again.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Grasshoppers are like the arrogant bully of the insect world. They devour what they haven't planted and tended.

The football field, I imagine was grassy. It could indicate some type of productive or beneficial play.

You have a symbol of utilitarianism there with the trailer i.e. something practical or useful, but no way of getting it moving. (Not sure what type of trailer, because of cultural differences, trailer may be something different to you compared to what I see.)

Then in comes the intimidator.

You run.

You take the first exit available, but in the end, that doesn't defeat the intimidating issue. It rises again before you.

So it would suggest, perhaps that the first way out isn't necessarily the best course of action.

Is more thought required? Some exit strategy perhaps? Or a strategy to defeat the intimidation rather than running?
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Post by Robert2.0 »

Bella and Mary cherry Thanks for your replies. I see a pattern here. I also did a search and got another perspective.

Posted by Newbie
Locusts in the biblical sense is a representation of theft. In multitudes they devour crops and greenery, leaving behind only dust. Have you been seeing provision’s or blessings being eaten up by circumstances or unexpected expenses? If so this may reflect thegrasshopper/locust in your dream. When something occurs like this, you may want to reflect to see if the enemy has been given a foothold somewhere. Reflect back to when the incidents took place to see where this spirit first came into play. As usual toss out if it does not help!
The trailer was the type that many folks in the landscape business use for lawnmowers.

I do have 2 very important events going on in my life right now. I can see destruction and intimidation possible in both cases. I also have been considering exit strategies in both situations.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

OK so you've got a BIG lawn in the form of a football field. A lawnmower trailer, but no lawnmower and no way of moving the trailer?

So it's a big job and no way of getting moving at the moment.

I agree with Newbie in that I felt it was a spiritual attack of some sort.

Large (human sized), devouring, obnoxious, and THEY haven't done the work (you have) but they're attempting to devour.

Sometimes an opening is just that we unintentionally allow something because we mentally assent to it. Other times the opening is generational. Even there's an opening because of someone else's action, we can easily close that door by mentally dissenting. The bible calls it allowing and disallowing. Some versions "binding" and "loosing" which is not at all a helpful translation.

If it's more heavy duty, you may need to take some other type of action.

Sorry to be cryptic but that's how I process with spiritual stuff.
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Post by Robert2.0 »

No problem, I prefer the direct rather than subtle.

I had another dream the following night. Wonder if they are connected now after your comments. Posting it now
Carterman
Gold Member

Post by Carterman »

a football field is like a place of battle and competition

Football is a rough contact sport/battle in which you or opponent are fighting for the ball (strategies) for a period of time, might be about doing everything you can to get as much as you can. It may also reflect conflict as you attempt to steal back what's yours which makes sense bc a grasshopper is about theft or taking and it is chasing u.

The stairs are like steps to get some place to higher ground. Everything is taking place outside and that refers to the world and the football field is a practice field so your being prepared for battle. Dont let the devil steal away what God has for u