2 Part: Hotel Full and Orange Corvette

Archived Dreams from 2014
Robert2.0
Gold Member

2 Part: Hotel Full and Orange Corvette

Post by Robert2.0 »

Part 1

Needed lodging, found a hotel and they were full but let me stay in the office at a different than normal rate.  Next morning group of people wanted to use the office and I told them it was ok but don't bother my belongings.   I felt extra assertive in my stating that as im not normally that assertive.   They responded as if i was being overly assertive but understood.  Then one of the lady's standing there was my Uncles wife.  I have not seen her in a while so we hugged.   Then I came outside and my father was there.  My son was there too playing outside with some little cars with other kids.  My dad and I went in this room as he had found an old friend he was talking to.  This man was speaking to him about government conspiracies and unseen influences on society.   He mentioned who his father was and that he retired from researching these sorts of things years ago.  I was left feeling how my dad was goimg to respond to this information.

Part 2

My wife and I went to a car dealer.   I intended to buy her a car.   The salesman told me to pick one out so I did.  I was not confident that I would be able to afford it but he said here are the keys and we got in and left.  I let her drive since it was her car.  I was surprised she let me pick the car and I picked the latest Corvette.  It was used  however.  We drive it a few places and I then began to think I should have taken it to a mechanic to look it over before purchase.  I knew I still had time to take it back so I planned to have it looked over.  I noticed it was not fully loaded but it was still nice.  I remember asking my wife if she liked it but she said its ok but no to the color. I didn't remember what color I had picked so she said wait until we get pulled into a spot where the light hits it right.  It seems to change colors.   It was a burnt orange color.  As we were pulling up to a parking space I remember a guy driving the previous styled Corvette passing by and was staring at this car.
Last edited by Robert2.0 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

I suspect part one is speak of communication and influence.

Your father's influence on you.
The effect on your son.
Getting your needs met (or not getting your needs met fully).
Your comfort levels at being assertive (or not).
And why those things are the way they are.

Because I've experienced this myself, it came to mind as I read part 1. When we're unsure of ourself or not assertive, and we need to be, sometimes what we say comes with a bit of fear, and so can sound harsh or too strong to the listener. They think we're being aggressive. But they don't realise we're just frightened.

Let me know if anything there pings for you.

Will now read part 2. :-)

(I suspect you've had to deal with an overbearing or difficult or controlling parent????)
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Post by Robert2.0 »

Yes I am a real laid back kind of guy. Probably not good but I endure a lot of stuff then blow up if I feel wronged. I will have to change this character if I'm to successfully handle the challenges in front of me right now.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Robert these are personal dreams, so I hope these surgeries don't hurt too badly. :?

This second part seems to speak of how you go through life with your wife.

Your desire to give to her.

Not sure if you're able to give her what she wants.

Feeling that you do a pretty good job. But maybe you miss some of the detail (like what colour is it).

As an aside, a lot of people, when talking cars, think that women just care what colour it is, and don't care about the mechanics. Not sure if that's what the symbolism is about?

Corvette speaks to speed. Do you go through life faster/slower/differently than your wife?

Is this about being able to provide ALL the bells and whistles in life? Has that been on your mind.

I never cease to be amazed and what different people think is important. What one person thinks is important can sometimes not even be on the radar of what another thinks is important. But we often think that everyone thinks the SAME things are important to us all.

I'm in the processing of deciding what new car to get, and I have a list of essentials, but find that the dealers will try to draw you off that in order to get a sale. And in the overwhelming number of details, you can forget what's important too.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Robert2.0 wrote:Yes I am a real laid back kind of guy. Probably not good but I endure a lot of stuff then blow up if I feel wronged. I will have to change this character if I'm to successfully handle the challenges in front of me right now.
Yep. Dealing with the same thing right now.

Every now and then I remember that I have to teach people (gently, subtly) how to treat me. And that it's not a big deal, but just a NORMAL part of life.

It doesn't feel normal though, when you've been taught otherwise.
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Post by Robert2.0 »

Good points to pray about. Life is very fast right now. Lots of decisions to be made that will effect our future. These are fork in the road types of decisions. Actually the lives of my employees ride on my decisions too.

Thank you
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Will be and am praying for you and your circumstances and for you to make guided and Godly decisions.
Mary Cherry
Gold Member

Post by Mary Cherry »

Hello robert 2.0 just read all posting. I too will be praying.