Something Working To Keep Me From Praying

Archived Dreams from 2014
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Something Working To Keep Me From Praying

Post by Robert2.0 »

I was in the basement of my parents/childhood home. I felt an urge to pray so I began. As I prayed I looked around as I suspected an adverse presence and as I continued something began to slow my mouth down from moving and I fought against it trying to pray through this resistance. After a few seconds I stopped went upstairs and got my mom and asked her to come watch me pray to see if she could see something around me.

We came back downstairs and she said "it was that old lady that died upstairs in our bedroom". So I went on to pray. I prayed without any resistance and as I prayed my mother prayed along with me intermittently as to encourage me.

I do remember specifically praying about fellowshipping with GOD and my mother praying along with me saying yes meeting GOD face to face. When she said that I thought to myself I have never prayed to see GOD face to face so I prayed that I would meet GOD face to face.

As soon as I said amen I immediately woke up. When dreaming it was as if I was awake when I prayed but I was sleeping.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Soo many levels of goodness here!

the ones I can actually speak of:
Showing that when 2 people come together to pray. . .
being guided in prayer. . .
the distinct level in prayer itself. . .
and wow - praying to meet God face to face. . .being led into a new perspective (paradyme shift - know probably not spelled right. . .but it means almost a complete 180 - or 360 shift in belief/perspective).

Beautiful - feeling blessed to have read this!

AND of course - the level that while we dream - God does big things!!!
Jesus is the Saviour
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

oh, and I think basements usually do mean from the depths of our upbringing.
Jesus is the Saviour
Robert2.0
Gold Member

Post by Robert2.0 »

I am in the midst of a tough season right now. Though I have had stretches like this in the past (though this is one of the worst) with this one I sense a peace that I have not had before.

I thought of the wisdom (female and mother) as portrayed in proverbs after I woke up. I also thought that I had someone on my side. I was not alone.

I am sure there are other things to glean from this dream however like the presence slowing my mouth down. I figured that was evil influences/circumstances. Maybe they are dead now at the very least in this season.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

question - did someone actually die in the room upstairs that your mom was talking about?
Jesus is the Saviour