Dream about traveling to Space

Archived Dreams from 2014
Darlene

Dream about traveling to Space

Post by Darlene »

It's been a long time since I visited, but I am having a little trouble with finding a few meanings of the symbols in this dream and thought I would get any input as I pray through this one. I realize the Lord may speak to me differently, but I appreciate any perspective you may have. Here goes:

I am with my former pastor's wife (Susan), who is a dear friend, spiritual mother and mentor to me. Prayer warrior. She tells me she wants me to go on a trip with her - to space - on the space shuttle. We will be gone three days. I'm surprised and a bit overwhelmed, afraid of this. But, I go along with it - ask her what about food, what should I pack, how is this going to work out. She is very determined about the trip and has an answer for all of it. I'm still skeptical, it seems like a great adventure but I am worried and fearful of it also. She shows me the inside of the space shuttle and points out how we will be sitting and where everything is and points out two windows where we will have our grand view of space. I even see the vast galaxy and stars in my dream as she shows me the windows. I ask are we leaving tonight and she says no it will be early the next morning (I am presuming it is a weekend type trip and I am asking her this on Friday night). I ask if around 9 am and she says no more like 5:30 or 6. And that we are staying only one night and returning (presumably on Sunday). We do a test run of this trip (we are at some center maybe NASA but more like a resort or convention center in Florida) the shuttle shakes violently and we blast off into the sky but when our parachute ejects it does not open all the way - I pray Lord help us land safely in the water - suddenly we make a huge splash in the resort pool and we are safe. Once we are out of the shuttle - I tell her I have to decline the trip due to the technical difficulties of the shuttle. She is determined she will continue to go. In my place, she tells me - my deceased pastor and also good friend/ father and spiritual mentor to me (her husband who's name is Terry) will go. They have hopes that there is a "cure" for him in space and he will be revived. I see Terry (he passed away 9 years ago) in a bubble of some kind and he is placed in the space shuttle and they leave. I watch as they go. I am a bit disappointed I didn't take the trip and surprised at the sudden information about a possibility of Terry being revived, but I am very hopeful as well about their return.

Thanks for any comments!
~Darlene
DevelopingSeer

Post by DevelopingSeer »

Pray please - just giving this a try

Perhaps letting you know that there are healthy boundaries in your mentor mentee relationship. If she asks you to do something you will consider it, but if you are unsure or unsafe, you search out answers. Once you get confirmation that it is not for you have the courage to back out and say no. Sometimes you may feel like you miss it but are not bitter because of it. (Interdependence vs. codependency) You still seek God for yourself even though you have a mentor.

In the dream you are considerate, sensitive, willing to seek out answers and try, courageous and bold to take a stand to say no if you feel unsure or unsafe and even if you feel like you may have missed a great opportunity in the end, you are not bitter about it.

Perhaps the limited information upfront was so that you wouldn't go. Their purpose for going doesn't negate that you were shown going was unsafe although God shown himself to be with you all. In reality this may be something to consider. Whether it's a good purpose doesn't mean it's a God ordained purpose, but sometimes something may be scary, difficulties ahead, but God is still with us and will get us through.

This scripture came to me.

Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path proverbs 3:5,6

You are more abundantly, blessed!
By God's Grace Grow In Christ Holistically
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

DevelopingSeer wrote:Pray please - just giving this a try

Perhaps letting you know that there are healthy boundaries in your mentor mentee relationship. If she asks you to do something you will consider it, but if you are unsure or unsafe, you search out answers. Once you get confirmation that it is not for you have the courage to back out and say no. Sometimes you may feel like you miss it but are not bitter because of it. (Interdependence vs. codependency) You still seek God for yourself even though you have a mentor.

In the dream you are considerate, sensitive, willing to seek out answers and try, courageous and bold to take a stand to say no if you feel unsure or unsafe and even if you feel like you may have missed a great opportunity in the end, you are not bitter about it.

Perhaps the limited information upfront was so that you wouldn't go. Their purpose for going doesn't negate that you were shown going was unsafe although God shown himself to be with you all. In reality this may be something to consider. Whether it's a good purpose doesn't mean it's a God ordained purpose, but sometimes something may be scary, difficulties ahead, but God is still with us and will get us through.

This scripture came to me.

Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path proverbs 3:5,6

You are more abundantly, blessed!
Thank you so much for your comments and taking the time to respond! You definitely gave insights that I had not considered.

And, the scripture definitely spoke to me - God has given it to me several times in this current season I am in. :)

Wondering if anyone knows the symbolism for space / space travel?

Thanks!
~Darlene
DevelopingSeer

Post by DevelopingSeer »

You are very welcome praise God! :D
By God's Grace Grow In Christ Holistically
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom Darlene! Fascinating dream and a few things did stand out to me. Praying Holy Spirit will give you the wisdom and direction you need as you read!

The revival of your former deceased Pastor stood out--thinking this is a revival in terms of a continuation of the work he did on Earth but in a new frontier, fashion...way... Did he move in anything specifically that excited you or that you wished you could continue?

Space--unchartered, unfamiliar territory...often scary because to the natural man/mind, it is NOT a place flesh can survive.

What it DOES require is Faith because faith supercedes that which is natural and causes us not to be limited by natural man. So this makes me think of a death to flesh in a sense as you trust Him and step out into that which you do not know or is not familiar.

Your mentor's detail to patterns/plans was to me a reassurance that this has been planned out already.

You are being offered the opportunity to go on this exciting fun ride and you CAN trust that God has you safe in His hands (landing safely in the resort pool).

To me the biggest thing that stuck out was the fear of the unknown was what kept you from joining His adventure...and in the end you regretted it.

You being hopeful about your deceased Pastor's return: I saw this as even though you missed the initial "trip" that would bring about this revival, you will still be offered the opportunity to join it when it does manifest on Earth.

Just some thoughts, apologies if I'm a bit all over the place--your dream just caught my attention so I wanted to respond since I had a moment. If you need me to clarify anything I've shared, please let me know!

And praying His Perfect Will be done in your life!

Fear Naught :D
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

keilani wrote:Shalom Darlene! Fascinating dream and a few things did stand out to me. Praying Holy Spirit will give you the wisdom and direction you need as you read!

The revival of your former deceased Pastor stood out--thinking this is a revival in terms of a continuation of the work he did on Earth but in a new frontier, fashion...way... Did he move in anything specifically that excited you or that you wished you could continue?

Space--unchartered, unfamiliar territory...often scary because to the natural man/mind, it is NOT a place flesh can survive.

What it DOES require is Faith because faith supercedes that which is natural and causes us not to be limited by natural man. So this makes me think of a death to flesh in a sense as you trust Him and step out into that which you do not know or is not familiar.

Your mentor's detail to patterns/plans was to me a reassurance that this has been planned out already.

You are being offered the opportunity to go on this exciting fun ride and you CAN trust that God has you safe in His hands (landing safely in the resort pool).

To me the biggest thing that stuck out was the fear of the unknown was what kept you from joining His adventure...and in the end you regretted it.

You being hopeful about your deceased Pastor's return: I saw this as even though you missed the initial "trip" that would bring about this revival, you will still be offered the opportunity to join it when it does manifest on Earth.

Just some thoughts, apologies if I'm a bit all over the place--your dream just caught my attention so I wanted to respond since I had a moment. If you need me to clarify anything I've shared, please let me know!

And praying His Perfect Will be done in your life!

Fear Naught :D
Thank you very much for your comments. Definitely not a surprise - fear keeps me from stepping out a lot - or it has in the past.

Yes, I was very close to my pastor and his vision for the church. When he died unexpectedly it felt that my role there died as well and I eventually left that church and have been in limbo in regards to ministry since that time.
~Darlene