Self-interperate

Archived Dreams from 2014
allforHim
Gold Member

Self-interperate

Post by allforHim »

ok, just could use some wisdom and directives here. I've heard it said that the dreamer shouldn't self-interperate his/her dreams. But the interp comes from another and confirmed by another, even the dreamer can confirm upon hearing the interp.

But as I have found numerous times, I have posted dreams here, no one interps, but I have gained the interp and another confirmed afterwards.

Just curious where I may find biblical insight on this. Of course one needs to be careful with self-interp because of not wanting to rise with pride or religious piety, etc. And it could lead to much spiritual warfare...

sooooo thoughts? guidance? scripture?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Sometimes the dreamer can fall victim to thinking only one way about a dream and become short sighted at times. So a second opinion is well placed and needed at times. The only real opinion that matters in the end is God and what He tells us on the dream He gave us in the first place. We do have 2 examples in the Bible of self dream interpretation, Paul and the Macedonian call dream (ref acts 16) and Joseph in the dream of the stars and sheaves (ref Genesis 37). So I believe the best source of the interpretation most often comes through dreamer and how God is speaking to them about their dreams that He gave them. Hope this helps.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

If you are to go to someone else to interpret your dream, be careful. Your friend could know too much about you and be bias. Also, the other person needs to "download" your dream dictionary. The Lord speaks to us in metaphors only we can understand. For me, He knows that I need confirmation through biblical verses which end in revelation for me.

You may have been bitten by a dog when you were younger and that represents an enemy entity.

Another person may see a dog as a great loyal friend.

The color of the dog or person or appearance of them to me in dreams shows me their spiritual walk and true selves. This may not be the case for you.
allforHim
Gold Member

Post by allforHim »

thanx BJ and EB. we have been reading up on prophets and the prophetic word lately. there have been some disturbance among other fellow christians about hearing the Holy Spirit.
so while in some manner we got caught up in the midst of it, i am encouraged and have been confirmed thru both my spouse and others here that we have been listening, too, and even tho being indirectly accused of contributing to the unrest of their situation, we have been blessed here and a blessing to others here... ugh.... can't do that unless in right spirit, cleansed of unrighteousness...ya know?! oy.

so Joseph has been coming up a lot, so it seems to me. just want to absorb whatever He pours my way. :)
Last edited by allforHim on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Yea when anybody claims to be the only one hearing from the Lord or a small group claims they are the only ones getting revelation watch out. It is just an enemy spirit getting set up to try and control things. The Bible says God pours out His Spirit on all mankind (ref Acts 2:17)
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

It could be a Jezebel spirit. I think there are a lot of things we need to pay attention to and realize that God is always speaking to us in every way.

We have to remember to take the face off of it and deal with the spirits behind the person. Most of the time people don't realize that they're dealing with spirits.

The most we can do is not enable the behavior and hold others accountable, Christian or not. We are not fighting a war with this heaven, but with the 2nd heaven.