Washing Machine & Flowers

Archived Dreams from 2014
Darlene

Washing Machine & Flowers

Post by Darlene »

Apparently, I am in a dreaming season again and would appreciate any comments on this one:

I see Carolyn, my friend’s mother and my first "second mom" and mentor, wearing her blue dress. Note: In reality she has been deceased for 2 years.
In the dream, I am washing clothes - really just white laundry in a washing machine, the top is open so I see the water and laundry spinning. Carolyn is silent she does not say anything to me. I am seeking advice, but she is just watching over me. She has to leave. I continue washing clothes. I reach in the water and pull out two decorative stones - paperweights of some kind. Carolyn has returned and gives a slight smile in approval of my work and amusement.

I am with co workers - maybe former coworkers (in reality I am unemployed and seeking work) in a grocery store parking lot, our desks are set up outside. Flowers were sent to a co worker but my “husband" (I am not married) had the flowers changed to be sent to me. I discovered the note mentioned being a mother and since I was not it was obvious the flowers were for my co worker and she reads the card and takes them off my desk and puts them on hers “oh these are for me”. I am embarrassed my husband (briefly see my ex-husband’s face) would do that and the attention it brought to the fact he stole her flowers.

I go into the grocery store for shopping, I can’t recall what was purchased if anything and leave.
~Darlene
ReBorn
Diamond Member

Post by ReBorn »

Not really an interp but just some thoughts I had while reading your dream. hth.
In the dream, I am washing clothes - really just white laundry in a washing machine, the top is open so I see the water and laundry spinning. Carolyn is silent she does not say anything to me. I am seeking advice, but she is just watching over me. She has to leave. I continue washing clothes.
your quote above reminded me of this scripture:
Revelation 7:14

I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
I reach in the water and pull out two decorative stones - paperweights of some kind.
This part reminds me of this scripture about Kind David when he was about to fight Goliath:

1 Samuel 17:40 New Living Translation (NLT)

40 He picked up five smooth stones from a stream and put them into his shepherd’s bag. Then, armed only with his shepherd’s staff and sling, he started across the valley to fight the Philistine.
I am with co workers - maybe former coworkers (in reality I am unemployed and seeking work) in a grocery store parking lot, our desks are set up outside.
I see the co workers as fellow church memebers, & the grocery store I perceived to symbolize your church (because church is where we get our spiritual food just like grocery store is where you buy food for your body) not sure why you would be outside though.
His word was in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I was weary of holding it in
& indeed, I could not----Jeremiah 20:9
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Lord is my Shepherd