Yellow dress and wreath

Archived Dreams from 2014
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Yellow dress and wreath

Post by BlueDreamer »

Had a dream if an old yellow dress. There was a wreath covered in yellow flowers that was over the heart of the dress. The wreath also had a strike through it. It belonged to someone I know. What does this mean?
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

I think the wreath is an example of a crown.
Mary Cherry
Gold Member

Post by Mary Cherry »

Hi EB,
When you say "strike", are you meaning, for example, a red strike through an arrowed shaped like a "U" on a road sign means no "U" turns.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Wreaths can mean several different things. This is related to her heart issue, because it is over her heart.

Yellow can represent friendship in this case. Is she a good friend? Has your friendship/relationship had an aspect that has ended (a strike through it symbolically meaning that something has stopped/ended)

It would be good to identify the flowers.

What was the era and style of this dress?
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

thanks for doing this. i had another dream last night about a beautiful red dress for me so now i'm curious

it was an older dress. there were flowers all over the wreath and it had a cross through the circle like the "no" sign. they were all the same color yellow and i just thought it was ugly.

flowers were like just i don't know, regular flowers with 4-5 petals. like you draw when you're a kid. dress era would be like victorian. it had ruffles at the top. but it was a darker, muted yellow.

it was on a black background.
Last edited by BlueDreamer on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

The dress style points to the "past". Do you feel that this dream is a projection of what you are hoping is the end of their relationship (even if friendship is all they may have)?

I would like to hear the dream of the red dress. They surely go together.
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

I dont understand what you mean by your question.

The other dream of the red dress is the same. But black background and a beautiful color red dress. Only the dress.

In the dream it was mine

Also the night before i had the dream about the yellow dress I woke up hearing God I believe saying "she knows" and "he's coming for you"

This is actually what I wrote in my journal :

Had a dream that she changed her profile picture to some object. Maybe a hot air balloon. Then she had a yellow dress and here was a flower wreath in yellow that went over her heart that had a strike through it. Remember thinking she didn't want the yellow dress or something like that. it wasn't cute, it looked like it was from the 1800s. It was just floating. I thought it was ugly. She wasn't wearing it.
Last edited by BlueDreamer on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Doesn't this dream (including the red dress (red= passion) that was yours and not hers) depict your inner wishes?

Does the "He's coming for you" reveal a hope you have?
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

No. I can firmly say these are not about my own desires.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

can we just figure out what the dress means? And what the colors mean? And why there is a Wreath shaped like that?
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Well, yes we can talk about those things, but in order to get the interpretation that is accurate it "must" involve your own feelings/personal symbolisms/dream language.

You and/or the Lord are speaking in your own personal dream language. Any dream interpretations given that do not take your true feelings and line them up to fit perfectly with the common symbolisms and actions in a dream, is not worth the time given to it. It will fall flat.

Here is an example. I do not consider a yellow garment to be ugly, but here in your heart/emotions this dress in the dream gave you a negative feeling. Ask yourself why. Match that up with how you feel about this woman (and your ex) in real life and see if it is about her, their relationship, or if she/they are symbolic of some other similar situation in your life (work, church, ect).

Yellow often represents fear, deterioration, friendship, forgiveness and hope...(as in tying a yellow ribbon around the tree to let the loved one returning know that you will welcome them back home. If the ribbon wasn't there, they would stay away and go on with their lives)

Wreaths are symbolic of victory/death/ending/honoring. They are placed on our front doors when someone near to our hearts dies. They are given to winners of competitions. A wreath crossed out like you have described can mean "no victory", or the ending/death of some aspect of her and/or her relationship (due to it being placed over the heart area). She won his heart, and you may be subconsciously hoping that this victory of hers ends (wreath crossed out). Or, this may be all symbolic of some situation that you have lost control of and no longer have a victory status (work? Church? other relationships??)

To discover something about ourselves, it is very helpful for us to go back read our own dreams. You will see a pattern and a common thread, when you go back and read the ones you have posted here.

I pray that the Holy Spirit open your heart and eyes to whatever this means. Be willing to see it, and He will show you. He is a gentleman, and will not force it,
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

okay, well from waking up and feeling just curiosity what it meant, i know that it wasn't from my own heart or desires that i was feeling anything. i normally don't have soul dreams.

i just remember thinking that it wasn't a pretty dress. it was a dull yellow. i'm curious as to what the flowers on the wreath mean.

i can disregard the subconscious aspects of these.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

We "all" have soul dreams. Divine dreams are rare, even in the lives of the early Saints and disciples.

Please read your own dream posts. I hope it helps.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

Underhiswing I just found out they're engaged. The night he proposed I saw I had a dream that he said he decided to date his bud.

Several months ago I had a dream too I just posted called smoking

Please look. I'm going to go pray.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Re: Yellow dress and wreath

Post by underhiswing »

I am sorry this sad news has hurt you.

I pray that your heart will soon be mended fully. Take heart, the Lord has someone very good and very special just for you.