Painting a wall

Archived Dreams from 2014
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Painting a wall

Post by cgwaltney »

I walk into an empty room that was being painted. So I started painting a section of the wall blue. The paint was spreading on like frosting in different shades of blue. Then a woman walks in and asks if I put primer on first. I said, “No.” And then she asks me if that wall was supposed to be blue (the room had sections of the wall painted different colors). She tells me it’s the wrong color and takes over painting for me. I apologize and leave the room. Later, I re-enter the room and find the wall I painted became yellowish beige.
Cory
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

You have been filled with the holy spirit and have had revelations in different shades or levels. This has spread and grown through your active spiritual life. The woman is the holy spirit wanting you to put the primer down and be prepared before there is a renewing of your mind (yellow). It is a correction dream redirecting you into what needs to be refurbished.

During this time, do not feel as if you have done anything wrong. You apologizing shows that the enemy may use this as a foothold. Know that the preparation is important and the end result will be great.

Summary: You are going to go through a time where you have revelations and will be prepared for a renewed mind. It is a correction dream where the holy spirit will redirect your steps and tell you how to truly have inner renewal. Let the Holy Spirit take over this process.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Blue can represent holiness/healing/ spirituality. The Lord would not take a project out of your hands, cause you to feel the way you felt in the dream, and then paint that wall over with a color that indicates something else all together (and a color that is less desirable)

Stop and think about the way she looked. Did she remind you of anybody you know?
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

Actually blue represents communion and revelation. if negative it can represent being sad or "have the blues". the Lord won't take the project out of your hands but He will let you know He is in control and will do it for you to correct you. it is not your project but the project which he has given to you to help bring to fulfillment through His help and guidance. blue in the secular arena does mean holiness, spirituality, etc. in biblical dream interpretation, it does not. only the biblical meaning is the truth and the truth that you receive from the holy spirit through prayer and revelation.

If she felt familiar in the dream, then it is of the Lord. Many a time, a woman will represent the holy spirit. Studying what this woman looks like or who she is familiar to is too much detail and does not apply to the dream.

And @underhiswing, there is nothing here that indicates that the Lord "made" him feel this way. In fact, if you study spiritual warfare, evil spirits will oppress you and it is your decision to flow with that spirit or not.

Painting indicates renewing. Yellow is the mind. Hence Romans 12 "Do not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind".

@cgwaltney i recommend the book "the Divinity Code: to understanding your dreams and visions" also, listen to John Paul Jackson on youtube. they're great ways to learn about dream interpretation. Also, by seeking the meaning of your dreams, you'll learn how God works and if you learn how He works, you learn of who He is. Your hunger will grow.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Re: Painting a wall

Post by underhiswing »

cgwaltney wrote: She tells me it’s the wrong color and takes over painting for me. I apologize and leave the room.
The Lord/Holy Spirit would do this....
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom sisters. Just a gentle reminder that we are here to love and serve each other as we grow in our understanding of dreams and visions. Strife opens the door to confusion, not understanding.
And while we bring our offerings with the best of intentions, it is the Dreamer's responsibility to take it before the Lord.

Vision & Guidelines

7. When submitting responses to members' dreams and visions, please keep in mind that we only see in part, and should not be offended if the dreamer disagrees with our offering. Neither should we be intimidated or embarassed if we 'miss it' but rather consider it a learning experience and continue to practice and study to show ourselves approved.

Further, it is important to understand that posting opens a topic for discussion, direction and/or correction, and there will be times when members disagree. Please do not take up an offense and refrain from taking sides should offense become an issue. Offense causes division; consequently, debates and/or contentious posts will be locked or removed promptly without notice.

Jas 3

Two Kinds of Wisdom

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

Post by thesharpeningstone »

I never read your dream before posting mine. I also painted walls yellow.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Re: Painting a wall

Post by underhiswing »

underhiswing wrote:
cgwaltney wrote: She tells me it’s the wrong color and takes over painting for me. I apologize and leave the room.
The Lord/Holy Spirit would do this....
I meant to say "would not do this".
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

I disagree. I don't understand why He wouldn't correct and redirect us if we're wrong or take over burdens or problems for us. But it will be left up to the dreamer.