Semi-trailer chess piece changes the game

Archived Dreams from 2014
charlie
Diamond Member

Semi-trailer chess piece changes the game

Post by charlie »

Shalom! We would really appreciate your thoughts on hubs dream of last week (written from his perspective):

"I am looking at a chess board set up ready to play. I am the white side but have no opponent; that doesn't seem to matter.

I notice that there is a new chess piece-a lorry/semi-trailer. This piece was positioned in front of the row of pawns and covered 3 squares. It could only be moved sideways (like a bishop). I was wrestling all night it seemed with trying to figure out how this new piece fitted into the game. It added a whole new dimension to the game and I was aware that it gave me a distinct advantage.

I wasn't anxious but felt like I was persisting all night long with this one dream. Strategy seemed to be important."

Shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom sis! Pray this finds you all well! Didn't get an interp exactly but the phrase "the pieces of the puzzle coming together" was what came to mind.

Best way I can explain is with a story I was just reminded of. After a year apart at college, I rejoined my family on the West Coast. I took off a year after the move up to work and save up before going back to school full time. I prayed over every job app I put in but no matter how many seemingly promising interviews I had, the doors seemed shut and I was a bit frustrated. One day, my mom's co-worker suggested I put in at a particular temp agency his daughter worked for when she came home every summer. I did so and got hired the same day.

That job required that I drive all over the area so it pushed me out of my comfort zone. It put me amidst some really cool people and gave me a whole new respect for hard labor jobs and the people who do it without complaint! But I would often say "Lord, what am I doing here, working in this job that just seems kinda random" since it was not something my natural interests would have chosen.

Fast forward four years. Finished college, knew God wanted me in a lab but doors (once again) seemed closed until one day, a lab job opened up and things just fell into place. I was hired before the interview was over and the AMAZING thing was the Manager made what she may have thought was just a random comment: "Well, the reason why we picked you specifically for this job is because we see you have lots of warehouse work experience and this job in a sense (due to sheer volume) is much like that type of work."

I praised the Lord inwardly for showing me WHY He did what He was doing. At that time, I only knew enough to follow Him but honestly, He was guiding me the entire time!

Praying God gives you and husband wisdom sis! Blessings in abundance!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Thanks Keilani...'pieces of the puzzle coming together' resonates on a number of levels/issues at the moment.

What a wonderful example of how things came together in your job! I love it when that happens :)

Shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

This was interesting...

I was talking to hubs about the dream and mentioned how we speak of 'chess moves' and I was wondering what the significance of the trailer moving diagonally like a bishop. Hubs suddenly had an aha moment as he remembered a removal company called 'Bishops move'. I looked it up online and sure enough there is (I had never heard of it before) and furthermore, the lorry-trailers have a chess board logo with the strapline 'Better across the board'...

So praying into this further...

Shalom
charlie
Charlie
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

very interesting sis!! I love His mysteries!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Re: Semi-trailer chess piece changes the game

Post by underhiswing »

Hello Charlie,

I thought what was interesting, was that the vehicle is preventing " forward movement" (pawns). It blocked 3 (holy complete) squares. This blocking/prevention may be divine. Semi trucks speak of burden bearing and/or relocation.
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Interesting dream. Chess is a classic strategy game. The piece that moves sideways is the rook (traditionally represented by the castle), the bishop moves diagonally. The white side is the side of good represented and the black side is the opponent or the enemy whom you don't see yet. I agree with the other posts about the big truck representing burden bearing or intercession, it is a distinct advantage you have and it is prayer that needs to always be out in front paving the way for the pawns and the other pieces kings/priests/knights/etc. Three squares, it is a big thing and it is a God (3) thing. It is often hard and it takes a while for intercessors to see value in what they do or in how they work in the grand scheme of things as many times what they do is behind the scenes in the church and in their prayer closets. But it is God's grand strategy none the less and it always leads the way.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Underhiswing...BJ...thank you for those helpful additional insights/reflections...we have certainly shifted into some interesting new dynamics which are needing careful prayer and discernment...we appreciate your prayers.

shalom
charlie
Charlie