Strange Man in my Car

Archived Dreams from 2014
Word Girl

Strange Man in my Car

Post by Word Girl »

I dreamed that I was in a parked red car at night in the passenger seat. I was waiting for someone. I have no idea why I was alone at night in a dark place just seating there (so unlike me) I don't know who I was even waiting for. I felt a presence in the car so I looked over my left shoulder and there was a strange man just seating there with his head bowed slightly down enough to peer at me. I opened my door and stomped around the back of the car. I janked that back door open to where this strange man was and in "anger" I began pulling and dragging this heavy man out of my car. The man did not resist nor did he say anything. I was amazed at my own strength. When I stopped this man was laying in the street in a wet puddle of water with a strange smurk on his face lifeless.

If you have any idea what the meaning to dream could indicate please help.
What keeps me is my confidence that God is "always faithful."
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom Word Girl. Praying Holy Spirit gives you insight.

My first thoughts since the man was in the back seat of your car is maybe something from the past that is unwelcome is still with you (ie the thoughts/memory of it) in your current life? As born again believers, our past no longer exists in Him so in that sense it would be strange or foreign.

Your way of handling it and the fact that it was lifeless seems to show that you do have power over it.

It smirks at you--makes me think that while you ARE stronger than it, maybe it knows you are handling it the wrong way?

Found this definition interesting:

A smirk is a specific kind of smile, one that suggests self-satisfaction, smugness, or even pleasure at someone else's unhappiness or misfortune.

Some scriptures that may help:

Eph 6:12 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

The helmet of salvation speaks to me of the Truth that our past is wiped out because of Jesus's Blood so we must keep our mind protected as take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ (2 Cor 10:5).
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.