rowing backwards upstream

Archived Dreams from 2014
jamiex3
Bronze Member

rowing backwards upstream

Post by jamiex3 »

I was praying for a man that has been heavily on my heart. The Lord gave me a picture of him sitting in a canoe looking very determined and "rowing backwards".

What could that mean ?
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

water means the spirit.

canoe: undeveloped ministry or person (acts 19: 2 ), the flesh, our "self"-propelled old vessel (deut 12: 8 ), ministry in own strength, paddling canoe (zech 4: 6 )

backwards means reverse.

rowing: self-effort or doing things in your own strength (mark 6: 48 ), opposing the holy spirit (john 3: 8 )

so he is determined to move forward but by doing it in his own strength, he is actually moving backwards. he's wanting to go in the right direction (pointed upstream) but whatever he is doing is causing him to go backwards. this is happening because he is undeveloped and does not know what to do or is more in the flesh than the spirit.
jamiex3
Bronze Member

Post by jamiex3 »

Thank you so much for your wisdom!
God Bless You.

The last vision I had about him was in May. God showed me his wedding hand with a black wedding ring. I prayed for him & his marriage. His wife left him shortly after.
I heard a voice tell me , " Hold his hand."

He battles addictions. Same addiction I battled in my youth.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

jamiex3 wrote:Thank you so much for your wisdom!
God Bless You.

The last vision I had about him was in May. God showed me his wedding hand with a black wedding ring. I prayed for him & his marriage. His wife left him shortly after.
I heard a voice tell me , " Hold his hand."

He battles addictions. Same addiction I battled in my youth.
Wow...thank you for sharing...it is always so encouraging to see how God's seer leading is used to build up and encourage.

Shalom
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3