Flash flood

Archived Dreams from 2015
Barb11
Silver Member

Flash flood

Post by Barb11 »

Hello group,

I haven't been participating on here much, but I wanted to post this dream.

I was in this town. I was in a building - probably a hotel. I had been sleeping/resting, and there were other people in the room, too, and everybody was just there. No one was doing anything. I had a cigarette in my hand. I wasn't smoking it - I was just holding it. I noticed some other people had an ashtray across the room, so I sat up and took the cigarette over to the ashtray, and it had burned right down to the filter. I hadn't smoked it, but it had burned in my hand. I just plunked it in the ashtray and made sure it was out. I don't know whose it was.

Then I got up. I wanted to use the bathroom. I guess there was one across the street up a large hill. My adult daughter was with me. I went across the street, and had to climb the hill. It was sort of twilight time. Up the road a way, there was the black spire of a church in the distance. I went up the hill and used the bathroom. I stood at the top of the hill, and I was in a white terrycloth robe with the hood up. I raised my arms upwards for a moment. It had a powerful feeling in the dream. Then I looked in the distance, and from just beyond the church, I could hear the roar of the river coming - a flood. Then I watched it, and I saw that there were people walking across and along the road. I was afraid that they were going to get wiped out by the rush of water that was coming that I heard. There were some old people and some kids, and I was worried. I put my arm around my daughter. I was thinking, "Don't they hear the flood coming"? And I heard the roar, and then the water started coming from my left where the church was, and it started boiling and rushing down the street. It was that dirty water that happens during a flood from picking up the soil. It zoomed through, but it didn't seem to take anybody out. It wasn't too deep, and it didn't seem to hurt anybody that was in its path. I was greatly relieved. I was going to go back to the hotel, but I had taken off my shoes to go up the hill, and near the bottom, I had to find my shoes again, but I didn't want to wear them in the water because they were red leather, and I didn't want to ruin them. They had no laces or anything - they covered the whole foot and they were slip-ons. I was going to carry them through the water. I had them tucked under my arm. Then we went across back to the hotel.

In trying to interpret this, these are the pieces I have so far -

Hotel: Temporary; migratory; socially accepted place to gather; changing church

Cigarette - just holding, not smoking - burned down to the filter.

Ashtray - for disposal of ashes and the filter. Ashes are symbol of grief or repentance; hence Ash Wednesday

Church spire - religious structure -- (wikipedia) Symbolically, spires have two functions. The first is to proclaim a martial power of religion. A spire, with its reminiscence of the spear point, gives the impression of strength. The second is to reach up toward the skies.[2] The celestial and hopeful gesture of the spire is one reason for its association with religious buildings. A spire on a church or cathedral is not just a symbol of piety, but is often seen as a symbol of the wealth and prestige of the order, or patron who commissioned the building.

Flash flood/roar of river - The river is usually the move of God, but a flood is symbolic of judgement - but the people didn't get hurt, as frightening as the river looked and sounded. Flash flood is a sudden rush of water.

Hill - elevation - hill of the Lord?

Bathroom - cleansing

White robe - Terrycloth, terry cloth, terry towelling, terry, or simply towelling is a fabric with loops that can absorb large amounts of water....The first industrial production of terrycloth towels was by the English manufacturer Christy.
(Christy = Christ)

hood - covering my mind?

Red leather shoes - gospel, words, preparation. (Eph 6:15, Ruth 4:7), what you walk in
Red - (+) Wisdom, anointing, power (-) religious spirit
The shoes were slip-ons, easy to get into. I had taken them off to ascend the hill.

Psa 24: 3, 4
Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Lifting up hands -
Lam 2:19
Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.

I really would appreciate some fresh perspective on this dream. Thanks!
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Re: Flash flood

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Hi again Barb,

I saw your dream posted, and wanted to offer just a small portion to it as you have done your homework rather well! ;)

The hotel is probably a symbol of a place where you and others are in the same situation. The cigarette that was in your hand is likely a symbol of something that is “spent” or over.

The hill may represent a couple of things. First a higher place that you make effort to reach in the Lord for that cleansing, looking to the Lord (represented by the hill rather than a bathroom). It was a place you choose to go to rather than a community bathroom for cleansing. Second a higher place is likely symbolic for your having a Godly and/or prophetic view above things allowing you to see things coming before others around you and prepare you for the same. Perhaps your calling out to the Lord, raising your hands, is likened to lifting the others (even in prayer) thus their not being harmed by the flash flood, or washed away by it. You had a heart and concern especially for the elderly and children which God gave you; the love of Christ, compassionate and merciful.

The white robe and covering reminds me of those who were standing before the throne with white robes on washed / cleansed in the blood of the Lamb, in Christ. Revelation 7:9-17.

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

The Church? Perhaps a reminder of what the church really is; a body of people in Christ. Perhaps the church was a symbol that the people of the church would also experience sufferings as well. Judgment does begin at the house of God. Also, a reminder to you of its purpose and your purpose to the others as part of the Body of Christ. We also go through and suffer with brothers and sisters in the Lord as well -- what others suffer we too suffer with them. And we can intervene for others as we are sometimes called to do. The church could be a reminder of your calling in this situation.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

If the flash flood represented judgment (discipline) than those who receive it will be better because of it.

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Perhaps it was a situation or opportunity to prepare you for sharing the gospel with others and a testimony to them who were in the same or similar situations (at the hotel). The church may be a reminder to be a Light to the world in dark places / situations. Children; sons and daughters can represent a ministry of yours.

In the alternative, the water could also represent refreshing or cleansing but you said it was full of dirt, carried by the waters so maybe not. Either way, you were not and will not be alone and the Lord will prepare you and equip you for what is coming and especially in trials and/or tribulations which only make you a better, stronger person in Christ. :)

I hope this helps give you some fresh perspective and/or helps with understanding! May the Lord bless and lead you and your family.
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Barb11
Silver Member

Re: Flash flood

Post by Barb11 »

Hi Annette,

I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner. I was out of town for the past few days and am just home today.

I so appreciate what you shared with me. You confirmed quite a bit that was on my heart, and really clarified other things.

You wrote, "Perhaps your calling out to the Lord, raising your hands, is likened to lifting the others (even in prayer) thus their not being harmed by the flash flood, or washed away by it. You had a heart and concern especially for the elderly and children which God gave you; the love of Christ, compassionate and merciful. --- I wasn't exactly sure if it was worship or what - there was a powerful feeling that accompanied it. ---
The Church? Perhaps a reminder of what the church really is; a body of people in Christ. Perhaps the church was a symbol that the people of the church would also experience sufferings as well. Judgment does begin at the house of God. Also, a reminder to you of its purpose and your purpose to the others as part of the Body of Christ. We also go through and suffer with brothers and sisters in the Lord as well -- what others suffer we too suffer with them. And we can intervene for others as we are sometimes called to do. The church could be a reminder of your calling in this situation.

If the flash flood represented judgment (discipline) than those who receive it will be better because of it."

Interestingly, the NEXT day after I posted my dream, I found out there were 3 families within my church that had "come under attack" or "dealing with major stuff" all at once. We are a small congregation, so it was alarming. The prayer ministry leader said, "Something is definitely up"!!
I definitely was praying! I wasn't sure if the steeple was representing something bad because it was black and the direction from where the flood came or what. So, yes, I guess there was a prophetic element to it.

I'm not sure if my daughter is representing ministry or if it was actually just the Lord showing me that she was okay standing by me so I wouldn't worry about her. Either way, I really was concerned for the people on the street and so relieved they ended up okay and nobody got hurt.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on this dream!
:D