The case of cokes

Archived Dreams from 2015
bjcollin
Site Owner

The case of cokes

Post by bjcollin »

I was at a type of church training event (I think here in TX) and it was just wrapping up and everyone was leaving to go home. My wife and my girlfriend from college (from NC now lives in VA) and some unknown guy who was supposed to be her husband was there in the dream and we were packing our cars for the trip home. My old college girlfriend had way too much stuff packed in her car, it was packed to the gils all the way to the roof. I had a couple of cases of cokes that I didn't want to take with me so I gave them to my college girlfriend to take home with her. Then her husband came up to me complaining that their car was too full and they had no more room and was trying to push the cokes back to me. My wife was telling me no and also that it was time for us to leave ourselves. The husband then was then wanting hair dna samples from my wife and I to prove that we weren't lying about the cokes. My wife didn't like it but she ended up letting me take a piece of her hair for the test. Right before we were both leaving in our packed cars, I was heading over to talk with the husband again and to take him the hair samples. I ended up telling both him and my wife that why don't we compromise and we will take the cokes part of the way on the trip all the way to Missouri in our car and then we can transfer them to their car when we split up heading separate ways and they were heading home east and we were heading west somewhere on our trip. I think it was agreeable and we were walking towards the cars again when the dream ended.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: The case of cokes

Post by bjcollin »

What I have so far on the dream is church training, getting off of cokes for me has been very hard a lot like an addiction, old college girlfriend first love, Missouri is the show me state, dna is proof of what your made of... so in the dream I'm trying to show my wife and the church that proof of what I'm made of and that I can do it and quit cokes, but there is a lot of baggage in the way and I have been compromising lately both in drinking cokes and in not going to church to meet with Jesus my first love.
loulou
Silver Member

Post by loulou »

Hi Brian,

Sounds like you've pretty much got this dream worked out.

Do you mind if I share some of my stuff that may help?

I used to be addicted to diet Coke. It's the caffeine AND the sugar. I can't remember how I gave that up, but I know that I couldn't stop the sugar in my coffee until I went on a total sugar fast. Headaches etc for a few days, but once that was finished I haven't had sugar in my coffee since. I rarely drink soft drink, and when I do, I can feel my body becoming addicted to the sugar again, so I back off. If I want something fizzy and "refreshing" I have soda water.

Apparently sugar has the same affect on the body as heroin (that's the rumour) so don't be too hard on yourself for being addicted to it. Try the fast. You'll feel like crap for a few days and then fantastic afterwards. Then when you start having sugar again, only have it in the form of fruit and veg.

The other thing I'm wondering about is why do you feel you have to go to church to meet Jesus? Church is fellowship and certainly there's a difference sense of God when you're in a big group (and depends on the church you're in), but my most amazing times with Him have been while I've been by myself or just with my prayer partner.
Carterman
Gold Member

Post by Carterman »

the church symbolises your own spiritual area. the cokes are negative. soda pop sybolises refreshing something thats bubbling up but dark soda pop is negative. dont consume sweet but sinful thoughts that are addictive. God wants u to go to truth (travel home) and something is trying to hinder you. taking the cokes to missouri mean it is misery(wordplay on missouri) while the negativity or sin is still with you. God doesnt want you to compromise but to stand firm and separate from it. going west means putting an end to the negative temptation, thoughts or sin and separate yourself from it.

ps 103:12
"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us"

exodus 10:19
"And the Lord turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt."

psalm 75:6
"No one from the east or the west or from the desert can exalt themselves."
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Standing beside you in prayer Brian
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
rarara
Gold Member

Post by rarara »

Hi BJ

These are my thoughts on your dream.

I think your dream may be to do with stuff in your past (old girlfriend ) undermining your true identity.(DNA)

I can't see how the old girlfriend in this instance could be your first love or Jesus because it is His nature to take all our stuff on board. Not to refuse. Well He has already done it.

Someone unknown like the guy who was supposed to be her husband could be the Enemy who asks you to prove who you are (DNA) and that you speak the truth. Reminds me of Jesus in the desert, also standing before the Sanhedrin and Pilate at the crucifixion. The Enemy questions us because he does not know us just like he did not know who Jesus was.

In the context of Church training the dream may be about the fact that you are already qualified and that nothing in your past can hold you back from the direction you are headed. Certainly not drinking coke!

In the dream your darling knows this and hair is glory and the answer No is the answer you should give the Accuser when he tries to make you stumble because of petty stuff.

The compromise to carry the coke some of the way is to do with the fact that you are blaming yourself and feel you should bear the burden.

You know you shouldn't have this burden which is why you are offloading it but because you still feel responsible you engage with the past again and the questioning voice.

The East is the beginning or you could say the past and the show me state is the point in the journey where you are shown something so are given revelation and act accordingly. That you and your wife are going west which is the direction of the sun as we see it and so could be the Son whom you are following. So you are going in the right direction. West is also death and surely the right kind of death here.

When you stand before the Father what does He see? He sees His son covered by His Son and not any of your faults and failings. And the Enemy stands there and tells us in front of our Father all the things we do wrong or have done wrong and I think we can say, " Well you are quite correct Satan (which means "no Name") but look at me. I am covered by the blood of the Spotless Lamb and now share in His Glory." Then he can do nothing.

This to me is evidence of a religious spirit and an accusing spirit working against you. Religious spirits should be ignored. Remember Jesus didn't always answer them and accusing spirits need the Truth, who is Jesus, thrown back at them.

Just my thoughts

rarara

PS Even the title of the dream The Case of Cokes stands out to me as if a case or a couple of cases have been brought against you. !!