Darkness & Fluorescent Light Bulb

Archived Dreams from 2017
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Darkness & Fluorescent Light Bulb

Post by jdarby2007 »

Greetings Everyone:

This dream might be obvious, but please bear with me as I am learning about dream interpretations.

This dream is very short and simple, here it is: I saw darkness, it was like I was in a dark room, but I was not in a room, I was surrounded by darkness and all of a sudden a fluorescent light bulb came on (the light bulb came on by itself, there was no light switch), I saw the light bulb, it was one of those spiral fluorescent light bulbs and it was the only light in the darkness.

Personally, I am not living in darkness, I truly know and love the Lord, for Jesus said whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but have the light of life.

There plenty of scriptures about being the light of Christ, let your light shine, light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil, as long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work, etc.

What is this dream saying? Any help with this dream would be appreciated.

God bless and thank you.
jdarby2007
Starfire
Gold Member

Re: Darkness & Fluorescent Light Bulb

Post by Starfire »

When I read your words, I thought of the world as the darkness surrounding you and the light with no switch is the everpresent light that the Lord shines on those who love Him. Perhaps at times the darkness of the world can seem overwhelming and while you know and love the Lord and feel very centered in your faith, there may be times you need to be reminded to keep your FOCUS on Him and the love and hope only HE can offer so that you can better cope in a difficult world?
Just what came to mind. If it doesn't feel right, please ignore this.
I hope you continue coming here and find just what you need to better understand what the message of this dream may be.

PS Just wanted to add that today I was listening to Christian TV and they were talking about a group of Christians that are dedicated to taking authority over the kingdom of darkness. They are going to various cities where the hatred and violence is greatest (currently DC) and praying for the spiritual darkness to be defeated by the Kingdom of LIGHT. Billye Brim (I think that was her name) was the one proclaiming this movement and it's the beginning supposedly of a new "awakening" in the Kingdom of God. You might want to look it up. BTW, the spiral light reminded me of the spiral staircase with the angels ascending and descending...carrying messages, prayers, and more to/from the heavenly realm.
Last edited by Starfire on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I=WE=The Family of God

I trust in You, Yahweh. My times are in Your Hand.
Deliver me from the hand of my enemies, & from those who persecute me.
Make Your Face to shine on your servant. Save me in Your loving kindness. PS 31:14-16 (WEB)
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

To help you understand this dream,..

Why that type of light bulb? It's a NEW style of light bulb. Recent. Energy efficient.

Even though we should use the Bible to help interpret dreams, God is bigger than that, and will speak to us in our own language as well.

I feel this dream isn't about whether you're walking in darkness etc. It's more of "having a lightbulb moment" or God shedding some light on an issue for you.

I would suggest it's something that's a more recent issue rather than an old issue, because the lightbulb is a new style lightbulb.

Hope that helps.
jdarby2007
Gold Member

Post by jdarby2007 »

Thank you for your posts, I understand the meaning.

God bless,
Jdarby2007