Trying to Show My Sister A Worship Song

Archived Dreams from 2017
FeastofTrumpets

Trying to Show My Sister A Worship Song

Post by FeastofTrumpets »

Hey!

I had a dream that I was sitting in this nice bed room with bright yellow colours and sitting on a beautiful bed with a flowery pattern

I was playing guitar and learning how to finger pick a worship song. I don't remember which one but it had an E chord and maybe a D as well. I was getting to a point of being able to play it pretty well and it sounded good.

I was excited to show my sister because in my dream it was a worship song that she had really loved and it was a song that she had actually shown to me a few years ago on the guitar.

She walked into the room and I tried to tell her about the song I was learning but she was too busy for me to even TELL her. We entered into this intense argument where I kept trying to convince her to let me tell her about the song and she kept declining. I remember it was very intense.

She finally agreed and I told her and I can't remember if I played the song too but she thought it was cool and she was excited.

The problem now though was that there was anger stirred up because of the intense battle to let me tell her something and all the sudden there was this exchange of words which seemed to be mostly on my end. I was very angry and using lots of profanity.

The next thing I know is that my sister is walking away down a dark hallway with no colour and I run towards her and lunge, hitting her with a flying shoulder check to her back. She stumbled a little bit but it was almost like there was a protective bubble that absorbed most of the impact.

And that is all! For me it is a sad dream that reflects a real life reality of all the times I have tried to share my heart with my sister and for what ever reason she isn't able to go to that place with me anymore (we used to be able to talk about life stuff). She has gone through things in her life that has caused her to put up defensive armour and have a strong religious spirit. I really miss the relationship I used to have with her. We've never had physical arguments like hitting or anything like that.
ValleyAnt

Re: Trying to Show My Sister A Worship Song

Post by ValleyAnt »

Hi there. I think the main theme I see in your dream is that 1.) you were in a good place and 2.) your sister was in a bad place. It seems to me that while it seemed that the issue was with your sister, the issue was in you. Your sister went through hard times and became hardened because of it; but you aren't hardened, therefore you should be the one 'restoring her' and not expect her to be in a good mood or in a state to want to listen to or do positive things (eg. listen to worship music).

The Bible Says

In our modern christian culture, especially in the West, we rarely appreciate or practice the 'principle of agreement' which has many forms but here I'm talking about burden-bearing. When people are having hard times, rather than going and sitting with them where they are, meeting them in their circumstances, we usually want them to come to where we are. We are raised to be selfish in that way and rarely even notice it. Paul said, however, "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another... Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep... Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion" (Read Rom. 12:9-16.)

Again especially in the West, we tend to 'set our minds on high things' (ministry, ministry, ministry) and forget to "associate with the humble" (the hurting, broken, those who will slow us down), often 'wise in our own opinion' (thinking the problem is the person that isn't 'happy' rather than the problem being us). We tend to want to force those who weep to rejoice with us; we are put off, troubled, and often indifferent about people's struggles. In your dream, you were in a colorful place; you were rejoicing. But your sister walked out of your room into a colorless place; she was weeping. It is the responsibility of the strong person (the rejoicing or healthy person) to shoulder the burden of the weak or weeping person.

Finally

"Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ" (Gal. 6:1-2).

You were in a spirit of anger and didn't consider yourself (your heart wasn't right though your situation was) and therefore were tempted and attacked your sister. When we see someone who isn't 'doing it right', or who is in sin, or who is rebellious or angry at God (like Job was), we often turn and head in the other direction (or slander or gossip about them); but the right thing is to "restore such a one" only IF you have "a spirit of gentleness" (otherwise don't try, or you will be doing it in the strength of the flesh as you did in the dream). Your spirit was angry that your sister was hurting rather than sad and hurting with her. But God draws us back to Himself with kindness, not harshness. You seem to want your sister to 'rejoin the club' (the club of religion, ritualism, and 'good christians') rather than to 'return to God'. If you can desire the second, then you will be one of "you who are spiritual" and will therefore be able (and willing) to "restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness."
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a delightful inheritance" (Ps. 16:6).
ValleyAnt

Post by ValleyAnt »

When I first read this dream, I saw no meaning in it at first. I began to answer tentatively and the Lord began to show me the meaning of it. What I thought was just one part of the dream was the only part that I can now see: you thought/think that the issue is in your sister, but the Lord's opinion is that the issue is in you.

You wrote: "She has gone through things in her life that has caused her to put up defensive armour and have a strong religious spirit." In my experience as I have observed, as is the oft testimony of the Bible, it usually happens the other way around: people who are at ease or having a good time are the ones who develop a religious spirit while people who go through hard things might get bitter but do not develop a religious spirit. The sinners, those hardened and 'evil' and bitter people, were drawn to Jesus; yet they were often having a hard time in life. The Bible says that "when [Jesus] saw the crowds, He had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd" (Mt. 9:36). These crowds were the common man (rich, poor, etc.); it was not the religious leaders. The religious leaders were doing okay; their homes were filled with 'color' and their temples with 'worship music'. But Jesus didn't have any compassion for them, because they had no compassion for the hurting and broken-- those whom Jesus saw as "weary and scattered as sheep [are when they have] no shepherd." Their value system didn't really include others, and therefore they weren't shepherds to anyone-- they didn't "bring back" the wounded sheep as God commanded them from the OT and as He commands us now: "You who are spiritual, restore such a one" (Gal. 6:1). Jesus's value system is not the same as ours: "The LORD does not see as man sees" (1Sam. 16:7).

The dream, if from the Lord, is actually a rebuke of you. It has nothing to do with your sister at all. You wrote, "She has gone through things in her life that has caused her to put up defensive armour and have a strong religious spirit. I really miss the relationship I used to have with her." Not your relationship with your sister, but your sister's relationship with the Lord is important. If you and she have a relationship with the Lord, then you also have a relationship with each other. But if only one has a relationship with the Lord, then the yoke will be unequal. You said that your sister has a religious spirit; but "you are the man"; you are the one whose religious spirit the Lord is rebuking in this dream. Look at your dream again, closer: you are doing well and happy while your sister is not doing well and down; yet you are the one who is angry at her and not her at you. You are the one who is self-congratulatory and who says, "If only my sister would be more like me" (in so many words).

Things are rarely what they seem, but if the Lord gave you this dream, then He hasn't given up on you. If there is one thing that God hates, it's the religious spirit (maybe you should do a short study in the Bible on the immense warfare between God's Kingdom and the religious spirit from OT to NT)-- 'the pretender jesus', the false people of God who hate God more than the unbelievers, the spirit who alone is behind the persecution and murder of Jesus and the persecution and murder of the apostles and the early believers. Only the religious leaders (mostly the pastors and ministers of that day) did Jesus while on earth attack and harshly rebuke, calling them "children of the devil". If Jesus is using such strong language and using whips to drive people out of the temple, whatever He is angry about is far deeper than what we can see on the surface (obviously, because among the crowds in Israel, only Jesus was discerning enough to be against the religious leaders). Concerning you and your sister, Jesus told a parable of a Publican/Pharisee and a tax collector (sinner), saying that the sinner and not the 'righteous' left the temple justified before God. We usually live life believing the best about ourselves and thinking badly about those who aren't doing things like us, seeing what we want to see; but "the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart" (1Sam. 16:7). You might be surprised to learn how the Lord sees you as opposed to how He sees your sister: "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone." He tends to make the last first and the first last. Follow David's example: ask God to search your heart and correct it so you can walk with Him with a pure heart (Ps. 139:23-24). Then go and restore your sister to the Lord, not to religion, church, or 'churchianity' (Gal. 6:1).

"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid" (Pro. 12:1, NKJV).
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a delightful inheritance" (Ps. 16:6).
FeastofTrumpets

Thanks for taking the time to write ValleyAnt!

I've been thinking a lot about what you said and reading over it and I guess to be perfectly honest I just feel confused by the interpretation! I shared a little bit of personal information to give a background but it seems like there was a lot of assumptions extrapolated from it and blended into the meaning of the dream.

For me I actually realized that this is too painful a subject for people to be commenting on without having a really clear understanding of the actual situation (not just a little paragraph or dream), so I thank you for giving it your best shot and I will continue to bring it to the Lord but in the meantime I would actually be grateful if the moderators could close this topic (I'm not totally sure about how to go about that).

Thanks!
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Hi Feast of Trumpets

If one of the moderators or admins reads your dream, they will see your request and lock the dream to responses. Otherwise, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a link that says "Contact Us". Try that and send them a message and ask them to lock it.
ValleyAnt

Post by ValleyAnt »

Thanks, Feast of Trumpets. I would like it if my interpretation is wrong, but I have to stick with what you wrote, not what I imagined. The fact is that the churches are filled with the Jezebel and religious spirits, and the things I stated above happen more often than not in the churches (so often that Jesus told the parable of the Publican and tax collector which is self-righteous christians vs. hurting but humble christians). Only you know best whether or not the interpretation is true, but you did clearly write:

"For me it is a sad dream that reflects a real life reality of all the times I have tried to share my heart with my sister and for what ever reason she isn't able to go to that place with me anymore."

You said the dream is about how you have been good to your sister, reached out to her, been the one in the right... but how your sister has rejected your goodness and good intentions. We live in a time when language is pretty clearly defined, and what you are saying there is that the dream is about what a good person you have been to your sister and how she's rejected you in spite of that. You asked for an interpretation to the dream, then you interpreted it for us all:

"For me it is a sad dream that reflects a real life reality of all the times I have tried to share my heart with my sister and for what ever reason she isn't able to go to that place with me anymore."

Maybe you want it deleted because you are ashamed of being caught in trying to appear righteous but not being so; I don't know why someone would want something deleted because someone misinterpreted it. As I said, if the dream was from God, then He is rebuking you for being the one in the wrong-- the one with the religious spirit-- while you are making your sister out to be the one in the wrong. Remember that you are the one with the rage, cussing, and attacks against your sister in the dream and not the other way around. Why do you seem to be backpedaling on what you yourself have clearly written? The dream shows that you are in the wrong and your sister is "not guilty". This is your own dream not anyone else's. I know that barely anyone in anything regarding 'christianity' is so bold and forthright and therefore any one of us, on 'any given Sunday' or day of the week, can appear righteous but be full of dead men's bones; but I have to be earnest and tell you just what I see in your own dream: you are in the wrong and your sister is innocent.

You seem to have forgotten that God doesn't only give us 'good dreams' or dreams that edify only us but also warning dreams and dreams about the state of our own hearts. God knows all our hearts even though other christians rarely do. I pray that you and your sister find total repentance and a return to God and not dead christianity. God bless.
FeastofTrumpets

I had a chance to let the emotions settle a bit and to think about this a bit more! Thanks for your feedback ValleyAnt.

I was thinking that because in real life there hasn't been an explosion of profanity towards my sister or any physical fighting that these are indicating a warning? Maybe it's a warning to say to not resort to anger when interacting with my sister because instead of it being helpful, it would momentarily cause her to "lose her balance" but ultimately that she would keep going in the same direction down the colorless hallway and that I would actually be following her down that hallway.

Lol, maybe a warning isn't as fun or exciting as a rebuke but it's good to consider an array of interpretations.

Lord, keep me open to all interpretations, even a rebuke! Thank you Lord that even right now you are reconciling the relationship between my sister and I because of what you did for us on the cross Amen. Glorrryyyy
FeastofTrumpets

Also this topic gave me the opportunity to reflect on some things, one of them being that I won't label my sister as someone who has a religious spirit anymore. The truth actually is that she is a new creation in Christ and that she has received the spirit of adoption through Christ Jesus and I need to remind myself about that and pray that both of us would rest in the truth about our identity.

Everything I said about missing the relationship we use to have is still true and without getting into the details, I have had to put in some healthy boundaries in our relationship and I think that is good. The warning that I think I'm getting from the dream, if I'm interpreting it correctly, is that if I try to respond towards her in anger it's not going to be beneficial for either of us.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

FeastofTrumpets wrote:Also this topic gave me the opportunity to reflect on some things, one of them being that I won't label my sister as someone who has a religious spirit anymore. The truth actually is that she is a new creation in Christ and that she has received the spirit of adoption through Christ Jesus and I need to remind myself about that and pray that both of us would rest in the truth about our identity.
:like: