Wasted time on mission trip

Archived Dreams from 2017
Victorious
Gold Member

Wasted time on mission trip

Post by Victorious »

I went on a mission trip to Haiti with a large group from church. It was supposed to last 10 days. Somehow, as soon as we got there, I forgot about being on a mission, and I was just hanging out having a good time. At one point, it was like I was a kid on a school playground, watching other girls try to do backbends, only we were adults and one of the "girls" was my cousin April. April and another woman couldn't do backbends properly, but I knew I could, so I did one. I almost felt like I was showing off because I could do something they couldn't. Then April and I were like teenagers at summer camp, and we sat in the back of a room where a blonde woman in a royal blue and purple gown was singing a worship song. I saw my church family all around the room, and I saw someone looking at the schedule, and realized how much we'd missed already. It was already evening of the second day. I told April we need to start going to the classes and events and get involved. We were treating this mission trip like a resort vacation. I got up to do something and had to make my way past the singers two young sons, both wearing blue shirts. As I did, my name tag got stuck in the hair of the woman in front of me. I apologized and left with April. I saw my husband sitting in the doorway of a little hut and headed towards him, intending to tell him that we needed to get involved with this mission, we were wasting our time. Just then, April jumped in the pool wearing her clothes, and I was upset for a second but she got right out, feeling refreshed and saying she was ready. My husband just continued watching tv in the hut. I grabbed my suitcase and headed down some stone steps outside, back to the room where the woman had been singing. The room was empty, besides the wooden chairs. One was knocked over. I continued through the room and towards a gate to find the others.