Grandma's porch

Archived Dreams from 2017
Victorious
Gold Member

Grandma's porch

Post by Victorious »

I dreamed I was at my grandma's house (where she lived when I was a kid, and my house was on the same property), on her front porch. I found it interesting that I thought of it as only her front porch, and not both my grandma and grandpa's front porch; my grandpa died a few years ago, and my grandma lives in another city now. It was clean and bright again (I have had many dreams of their porch over the years, and it's transformed from dark, creepy, and extremely cluttered, to clean, bright, and airy), I just had to do a little sweeping. It was comfortable and relaxed and I sat on the sofa to read my Bible and devotions. There had been a storm, and the clouds were amazing: huge, rolling, just unbelievably majestic. The sun was shining through the clouds, and it was glorious. I was trying to take pictures of the beautiful sun to post on Facebook. My son kept jumping in the way of the pictures. I was getting very angry and and I wasn't being a gentle parent at all; in fact, I'm horrified how abusive I was to him in the dream. I was exceedingly angry when the sun set and the sky became overcast and I had missed my opportunity to take such a beautiful picture.
Starfire
Gold Member

Re: Grandma's porch

Post by Starfire »

What I heard as I read this was that your grandparents were human(had their flaws like we all do) and you may have had some memories or challenges that you had to sweep away to fully appreciate the good they left you with.
It may indeed be a lifelong process as one generation affects the next, etc, but you've tackled much of the big stuff and now are mostly on a maintenance schedule for any issues that may linger.

Storms are life; when securely rooted (in grandparents home, reading scripture) we can appreciate the storms without feeling threatened -God's Majesty of Refreshing the Earth before our very eyes.(He does everything with such SPLENDOR) The SON shining through the storms was again another example that the Lord wanted you to feel secure and reassured that no matter what is happening around us, HE IS WITH US. You had hoped to capture this in a picture to share with the world, but your son was acting up. His not listening to you and your response to it, I'd think may be hints of some of the areas that where God would wish for you to treat each other differently rather than behaving how you may have been raised or influenced to believe is OK. It may have been exaggerated to show the point, but I'd think the point is that spiritual woundedness seeps into many generations. Mostly I'd say it (feeling out of control and angry) takes your eyes off the beauty the Lord wishes to envelop you in, but actually in the dream both you and your son are missing the *experience* of the Son. Because you wanted to "capture it" in a photo and your own son was preoccupied with playful or willful acting out, thereby missing what was a joyous experience with the Lord. Old patterns can be replaced with new, some may take a lifetime, but the Lord's with you every step, even when the learning and worldly influence (son's behavior, your anger-both seemingly uncontrolled in the dream) are blocking a portion of your full enjoyment.
Just know that THAT is what life is for - learning to overcome those inferences you will encounter and focus on the Giver of Life/Creation.
I'd say it is likely a dream meant to encourage, inspire and remind you of ALL you've overcome, of what security & beauty lies in the Creator's power, and an added reminder that as long as you and your loved ones (your son/grandma) are in human form, there will be more behavioral patterns to learn and some to break so you can continue to grow,enhancing your life's experiences. We are all a work in progress.

The SUN peaking thru the clouds (to me) is Jesus, the SON, letting you know you are NOT ALONE.
He's with you, watching you and there to guide you all for the asking, which you'd done without realizing it when you were reading the WORD which is another name for Jesus. You were SEEKING HIM and as long as you do that, the rest of life's journey may have some blips, but you will grow through them, setting an example for your son. In doing so, you will receive the security of knowing/feeling Jesus' constant presence being WITH you - not in a picture form, nope, He's in your very heart and being. He is loving,cheering you on and giving you guidance on how to deal with the cobwebs of life to make for a brighter, happier future.

Sorry so long;
This is what came to me. If it does not resonate with your spirit, brush it aside, please and keep pondering the meaning

PS. I think the "beauty of the storm" was also the presence of your grandpa...in heaven our free will is enmeshed with the Lord's. We do not disobey him, but absolutely everything has beauty.
You were seeing a glimpse of that in this life. In this life, it may not be as perfect, but it surely can be inspiring.