Archived Dreams from 2017
bjcollin
Site Owner

Building Partitions in a Church

Post by bjcollin »

Dream: Building Partitions in a Church
Brian Collins
6/6/2017

This dream starts inside my parents’ home across town where I grew up at. I was inside the house at first, but then the dream shifts and I was outside the house on the front lawn/driveway area. I was talking and discussing with somebody about some church construction project that I was working on. This person I was talking with greatly reminded me of a person I knew in the church I did my pastoral internship at whose name was Jeff, so I will call him Jeff in this dream. When I first met Jeff IRL in 2003 he was a very rough person who was newly saved and was at our church going through a rehab type of program that the church pastor was trying to build. So in this dream I was talking with Jeff on my parent’s front lawn/driveway about a church project or program that involved some type of construction, when the dream shifts again and instead of my parents’ house I am now inside of what looks like a big church fellowship hall or multi-purpose open room of some type.
We are still talking about the church project, but I am now looking around at the huge room... it seems to be in a big open area building that is something like an old grocery store front or something like that. This one big room was divided equally into two fairly large sized rooms by a sliding partition divider that is made of a light wood panels and looks like a real wall but it is accordion foldable and has real door doorways to go in between the rooms. It also looked like the wooden accordion wall was not finished yet and it was just a few panels shy of being able to be fully drawn across the space. There were some grey looking panels that made up the difference.
In the one area of this church building I was standing in was a kitchen and type of living room area which looked to be a well-stocked and well used area and was lighted. There were other areas on this side of the partition, but they were darker and not currently lighted up and their specific areas of use were not made known to me. On the other side of the partition it was darker and seemed to be just an open area, possibly to be used as the church sanctuary area during church times or it was still under construction, which one of the two I did not know. There were a few other people there in the dream in the building besides me and Jeff, but I am not sure who they were. I heard my wife's voice once in the dream reminding me of our need to soon leave to go to another church event, but I did not specifically see her in the dream.
While we were still talking in the kitchen area, another man who was obviously homeless and substance addicted to something because of the way he was acting, came into the area and was walking around. I showed compassion on him and asked him if he was hungry and showed him to the kitchen area and offered him something to eat. While he was eating and starting to become more normally acting, I invited him to the church event as well. I then started to shut things down and secure the area so we could prepare to leave to go to the church event that my wife had reminded me about.
As I was starting to secure the building and closing the partition wall, a couple of the sections came apart in my hands. I immediately knew that the grey part of the partition that was filling in the gap at the end of the wall was made out of a flimsy cardboard material and that it needed to be completed to be more secure. So I found some boxes that had new wooden partition sections in them and I got them out and the engineer in me started to assemble them together to get them in place. For some reason I lost track of time and I had this idea that I just had to finish assembling this partition wall to be secure before we could leave to the next event. I got bogged down in the finishing to build the partition and we were getting too late to leave to be on time, but I was still worried about securing the wall and not worried about getting to the event on time. I again heard my wife's voice more scolding me that we were now too late to go to the event and that it was my fault for getting side tracked. I was talking with Jeff about the wall's construction and noting that we were simply switching from one flimsy man made material cardboard to a more sturdy wooden man made material. The partition had taken a long time to build where we had gotten to that length already, and waiting a little more time would not have made much of a difference. That is when I woke up from the dream.
bella
Diamond Member

Re: Building Partitions in a Church

Post by bella »

Hi Brian I haven't prayed about this but am just adding some thoughts that came to mind as I read.

I believe this is about a vision you had from way back at the time you still lived with your parents.

It's about church building.

You are able to focus on what's important being feeding and caring for those Jesus wants us to focus on being the guy with basic needs.

However in one part you may be building something that is wood stubble and hay while your wife is focussed on the better part which is going to the feet of Jesus to be fed. That's the other church meeting.

At some point you do realise that part of what you're doing is wood stubble and hay but it's a joy late to get the benefit of what your wife identifies as important.

Your wife in the dream could represent your actual wife or could represent God or the church. Jesus is our husband (marital partner).

I suspect it's showing you you're on track but remember to not get too enveloped in your vision to the point that other important things get missed.